Update: PlayStation VR2 to launch on 22 February 2023 (pre-orders begin on November 15) for $549.99/€599.99/£529.99

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Get a PSVR 2 with Astrobot 2 bundle out by the holidays in actual stores. It may start to sell better. 

Agreed. 

Or hell, even a remastered Astrobot on top of Call of the Mountain (which should have been free with the lower priced bundle, cutting out the other sku) with an announcement of part 2. If they can get that and Half Life 2, they might turn this ship around (because I have no evidence, but like you, I don't think this thing would have sold extremely well).

18 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Agreed. 

Or hell, even a remastered Astrobot on top of Call of the Mountain (which should have been free with the lower priced bundle, cutting out the other sku) with an announcement of part 2. If they can get that and Half Life 2, they might turn this ship around (because I have no evidence, but like you, I don't think this thing would have sold extremely well).

Early vibes are similar to the Vita. Huge improvement in hardware, but interest and sales are soft. I think not being in stores is an issue along with a lack of marketing. It makes sense not to strongly market until you have your key software ready. When Astrobot 2 is ready, I expect a greater push from Sony.

Rumor is Sony will have a huge 1st party showcase in the summer. I expect the announcement and release date in 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

23 hours ago, Brian said:

Rumor Sony cutting production by 20%

Not very surprising.

Get it in stores, and get the damn price down. 

Hope somehow this finds a way to be a small success in the future if that’s price cuts or what, as I love the unit. Almost done with Switchback and I love it so much despite the blur in that one. The blinking eye tracking thing is a trip lol that game gets me.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Brian said:

Glad it will be in stores, but at this point, it feels like it is best to wait until the holiday. Feels like a bundle or discount is bound to happen in 2023. 

Holiday Astrobot bundle with Astrobot 2 and a port of 1 for $500 let’s goooo

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

On 4/7/2023 at 3:57 PM, stepee said:

Hope somehow this finds a way to be a small success in the future if that’s price cuts or what, as I love the unit. Almost done with Switchback and I love it so much despite the blur in that one. The blinking eye tracking thing is a trip lol that game gets me.

Yeah, they made an incredible headset, but everything around it was dumb. The price, not having PC support at that price, direct order, etc. 

And we haven't seen or heard anything on 1st party games (for VR or the PS5, really). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Those that own this VR Headset: Do you love it or hate it or somewhere in between? Did you own a VR Unit before this purchase?

I have never even tried VR but have always wanted to give it a try if not outright owning a good set. This set, the PS5 VR set has been the closest I have ever been to buying one. I have very much wanted to Play HalfLife: Alex I'm pretty sure that's a title not available on the PSVR2 set.

So is this VR set recommended of at this point a pass and wait for maybe Meta 4's set? If I do buy one I'm going to want one that ticks most all boxes and doesn't need modules set up in the corners to work. So the least wires would be great. I doubt the PSVR2 is the one for me but am really wanting to know what the overall opinions are from those that own it and maybe have for awhile?

On 3/23/2024 at 11:55 AM, HardAct said:

Those that own this VR Headset: Do you love it or hate it or somewhere in between? Did you own a VR Unit before this purchase?

I have never even tried VR but have always wanted to give it a try if not outright owning a good set. This set, the PS5 VR set has been the closest I have ever been to buying one. I have very much wanted to Play HalfLife: Alex I'm pretty sure that's a title not available on the PSVR2 set.

So is this VR set recommended of at this point a pass and wait for maybe Meta 4's set? If I do buy one I'm going to want one that ticks most all boxes and doesn't need modules set up in the corners to work. So the least wires would be great. I doubt the PSVR2 is the one for me but am really wanting to know what the overall opinions are from those that own it and maybe have for awhile?

Quest 2 just got a price reduction to 199, Walmart include a 50 gift card with purchase. Quest 3 light will have the better processor with the same optic lenses, that will release later this year for probably 299 depending on if it comes with controllers or not. The PSVR2 pc support will be a ways off and in that time the headset price might go down. If you want to commit, I recommend the Quest 3, if you just want to dabble and "try" VR Quest 2 is a steal right now. 

On 3/23/2024 at 3:55 PM, HardAct said:

It’s a great headset with crap software, aside from a few gems.