Update: PlayStation VR2 to launch on 22 February 2023 (pre-orders begin on November 15) for $549.99/€599.99/£529.99

SaysWho?

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

This will be very interesting. I bought the first one and regretted it big time. Just mostly a bunch of tech demos minus 2-3 games that I can remember. 

I definitely had fun with the first one but I never got serious about it. It was more fun little experiences and the joy of showing it to other people. Looking back now I do regret buying the $499 launch bundle.

There is zero chance I buy this new one at launch. It will have to be after 2-3 years with some discounts if it's going to happen. I'm really interested to find out the price for PSVR2. 

• True 1

5 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I definitely had fun with the first one but I never got serious about it. It was more fun little experiences and the joy of showing it to other people. Looking back now I do regret buying the $499 launch bundle.

There is zero chance I buy this new one at launch. It will have to be after 2-3 years with some discounts if it's going to happen. I'm really interested to find out the price for PSVR2. 

I had fun with mine but it's so cumbersome to hook up. Mine is sitting on the floor near my bed right now :p I did have fun with some games though. 

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I had fun with mine but it's so cumbersome to hook up. Mine is sitting on the floor near my bed right now :p I did have fun with some games though. 

Mine has been in a bag in a dusty closet for a few years lol. Yes, the thing is extremely cumbersome and had way to much crap to hook up. 

• True 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I hooked it up for my nephews last month and was happy I did because I'm keeping it there so I can just play any VR games I want now without rehooking it. :p 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: PlayStation VR2 to launch on 22 February 2023 (pre-orders begin on November 15) for $549.99/€599.99/£529.99

The zero BC was close to a dealbreaker with. That price pretty much seals it.

The launch games leave a lot to be desired.

To get me on board, I'll need a compatible version of Wipeout, Audica, and a Star Wars fighter game less sim than Squadrons.

13 minutes ago, Brian said:

$550 with no BC is a pass for me. If it had BC, I would probably buy it. VR is a nice change of pace. 

@stepeeyou win the bet.  Though it seems like you will be waiting a while for

Astrobot 2. 

Forget what the bet was :P

I might get this still just because I’ve never been the only person to own a piece of tech before.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Forget what the bet was :P

I might get this still just because I’ve never been the only person to own a piece of tech before.

Bet was I thought Sony would sell the headset by itself again to have a cheaper entry point. You disagreed.  Loser buys the winner Astrobot 2.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You must make pretty good money. You buy everything at launch. And I mean EVERYTHING. 

I was actually kind of kidding, making a joke that nobody will buy this at the price. I’ll probably end up with it at some point but since I have a pc and Quest 2 it’s not super exciting for me at such a high price. 

Edit: Or if they allow you to use it on pc, then it would be worth it.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I was actually kind of kidding, making a joke that nobody will buy this at the price. I’ll probably end up with it at some point but since I have a pc and Quest 2 it’s not super exciting for me at such a high price. 

Edit: Or if they allow you to use it on pc, then it would be worth it.

Quest 3 will probably be out by the time someone figures it out. 

10 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Quest 3 will probably be out by the time someone figures it out. 

Well I wish Sony would just add pc support themselves but ya I’m sure I’ll get a Quest 3 unless someone else can compete in the all in one/pc market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 69los said:

The zero BC was close to a dealbreaker with. That price pretty much seals it.

The launch games leave a lot to be desired.

To get me on board, I'll need a compatible version of Wipeout, Audica, and a Star Wars fighter game less sim than Squadrons.

I'd like a Star Wars fighter game that is more sim then Squadrons. I'd also like one less sim cuz I do miss Rogue Squadron.

VR always felt to me like it tried to fill the motion-gaming hole that the Wii left, but focused on the (rich) individual instead of family fun.  I'm still somewhat shocked they've kept enough enthusiast interest to keep the experiment going this long, yet so out of reach of the mainstream.

51 minutes ago, Stickey said:

VR isn't cheap folks, even Meta was losing too much money with the Quest 2 and raised the price. I agree more software is needed, but the headset itself is a good value. 

for sure. but i doubt this sells well. the real question is Sony going to keep supporting this as time goes on to convince people to eventually get one? 

17 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

VR always felt to me like it tried to fill the motion-gaming hole that the Wii left, but focused on the individual instead of family fun.  I'm still sort of shocked they've kept enough enthusiast interest to keep the experiment going this long, yet so out of reach of the mainstream.

I think you are shocked because your take is a bit off :P

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

Just society’s interest in virtual reality as a technology as a whole, I think. It’s not a replacement for wii, it’s beyond gaming even.

Yeah, the concept of VR has been of interest for decades.  Meta’s trying (unsuccessfully) to capitalize on that.

On the gaming side, I really don’t think it’s proven itself as the future people initially billed it to be.  Everyone knows the limitations now, there’s less to dream about with it considering.