Update: PlayStation VR2 to launch on 22 February 2023 (pre-orders begin on November 15) for $549.99/€599.99/£529.99

SaysWho?

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

I need to try the demo again, I was having issues with the height while sitting down. Some parts look good but the distant background being 2D really stands out and some of the texture work still seems to have its roots on Q2 which is like somewhere between ps2 and ps3 quality. But I love star wars for VR so I’ll try it again later. 

Oh, it''s definitely a Q2 game, that is without argument. Maybe it's fidelity is improved, but there no doubt you smell that Quest 2 stink all over it. There's not a lot on there that doesn't yet. Ports will definitely be the bulk. 

Which i'd be fine with if they would give me Bridge Crew with expansions. 

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Oh, it''s definitely a Q2 game, that is without argument. Maybe it's fidelity is improved, but there no doubt you smell that Quest 2 stink all over it. There's not a lot on there that doesn't yet. Ports will definitely be the bulk. 

Which i'd be fine with if they would give me Bridge Crew with expansions. 

I wouldn’t expect more than they did here and I get it with the ports, but they almost doubled the price so my expectations were a bit higher. 

12 hours ago, stepee said:

Damn RE8 is fantastic in VR. Really feels as if it could be tailor made for it a lot of the time. Just saw tall lady for the first time lol she’s huge 

Man, VR is a whole different sense of scale. It's like Tallnecks in Horizon. 

I've been playing Awesome Asteroids a little this morning, and it's a fun little game (considering the price). The only thing is you need to be ok with inverted controls with flight. I grew up on inverted controls, so I can switch back to it fairly easily. My nephew, who is here for the week with his mom, is definitely is not ok with it. I don't think he has ever used inverted controls, and was quite angry with them :duckhuntdog:

I bought Zenith morning because he was really interested in it, so I'm probably going to try that out after I finish with Tales from the Galaxy's Edge. Not sure I'll enjoy it or not, but he is absolutely enamored with it so far. 

All my impressions of this are coming from Quest 2 with a computer to connect to (though I didn’t get to play much alyx yet and won’t at this point until Quest 3) but man if you are coming from a psvr especially this is such a huge upgrade compared to last gen console vr. Though that is also why it sucks that some games are stuck on psvr, because nobody will ever want to use that again. The entire experience and the visual quality leap provided by the display upgrade along with the extra power by both the ps5 and the foveated rendering makes the generational leap felt a lot more than the leap felt on flat screen so far.

Also just the types of games that can work well now and the tracking and entire gameplay experience is such a jump up here as well not just the visuals.

And if you are coming from a Quest 2 with native games only then it’s an easier to explain leap since the experience part is about the same, but at its best it’s like going from somewhere in between a ps2 and ps3 right to ps5.

It really is great hardware. And the update to the headset software Friday has apparently improved foveated rendering, but I have no idea. I do think it looks better in games that use it, but it could be the placebo effect. 

But yeah, it's hard to explain to people. VR is notoriously hard to sell, because you truly can't get it until you experience it. PSVR was an awful experience. cords everywhere, absolutely terrible ps3 move controllers, cameras, just unpleasant. And then, yeah, it also looked horrible. 

People who have never experienced VR before are in for treat when they try this. 

I never actually finished Moss despite really enjoying the first half that I replayed a couple times (psvr then on quest 1, then on quest 2 after I lost my save) and decided to get that and finish it here before getting Moss 2 which I’ve been looking forward to. 

I went through to where I left off so now it’s all new from here on out. It’s only a 5 hour game and then some dlc so I’ll be able to dive into Moss 2 soon still while knowing what all happened here.

It’s definitely nicer looking than ever before with noticeably better lighting than the psvr original and better iq than the Quest2 version. Textures are the same but the dioramas still look nice and Quill always is a joy to watch and control.

Look forward to finally seeing the rest and then checking out Moss 2 which apparently is a lot better even. I definitely recommend checking the franchise out to anyone new to VR and starting here with the first.

I beat Moss, but haven't picked up the second yet. Definitely getting there. 

Last night I discovered just how good Demeo is. That game is a blast. My friend picked up PSVR2 so we played some two player late last night. I can see me spending more time with this than any other game except GT7 and Pavlov. 

As much as I enjoyed Dead Space I was mad it took so long for me to beat it (24 hours somehow?) so I didn’t get nearly enough time with psvr2 this weekend! I thought I only had a little bit left but I’m sooooo slow at that game.

Not too mad though because that game is so good, but looking forward to this weekend because I took two days off for a four day weekend just cuz so I’ll have plenty of time to dive in! 

I still haven’t even played Horizon to the point of getting the bow lol. 

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I beat Moss, but haven't picked up the second yet. Definitely getting there. 

Last night I discovered just how good Demeo is. That game is a blast. My friend picked up PSVR2 so we played some two player late last night. I can see me spending more time with this than any other game except GT7 and Pavlov. 

So I created a stand space and it solves my issue while sitting down without having the borders pop up, but is there a way to acrually add a couch and chair like you can on Quest 2?

Right now I have to just edit the space so that it extends to include my chair but that means I have to create a new space each time I actually want to walk around otherwise I’ll bump into my chair.

18 hours ago, stepee said:

So I created a stand space and it solves my issue while sitting down without having the borders pop up, but is there a way to acrually add a couch and chair like you can on Quest 2?

Right now I have to just edit the space so that it extends to include my chair but that means I have to create a new space each time I actually want to walk around otherwise I’ll bump into my chair.

I just add the chair I want to my standing play area, and then set the floor height so it looks like im standing while sitting., 

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I just add the chair I want to my standing play area, and then set the floor height so it looks like im standing while sitting., 

Yeah that’s what I did, it’s just I’m lazy so doing it this way means I need to redo the play area if I want to actually walk around. Hopefully they make it so you can make a play space room with your chairs added and then you can set it and forget it as long as you stay in a room. 

Setting it is quick at least though.

Also I got Runner for $15 and it’s a fun quick arcade game and pretty much what I was hoping it would be. It’s an on rails arcade cyberpunk motorcycle chase and you can pull out the gun and freely shoot and also a sword. The style is up my ally so it’s fun to watch and it’s something to put on if I just want to experience like 10 minutes of vr real quick.

Oh! I keep forgetting to mention this but the cinema mode rules! This is where you can play flat screen ps5 games or watch media on up to a small theater sized screen. The thing is since this is a high resolution oled that runs at 120hz with hdr, it’s actually a pretty damn good way to play. If I didn’t have the G2 I would maybe stick with this for ps5 and I could see using it still sometimes for the huge screen. It’s really a nice looking display and if you dont have a 120hz oled it’s probably better than your real tv. Pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Oh! I keep forgetting to mention this but the cinema mode rules! This is where you can play flat screen ps5 games or watch media on up to a small theater sized screen. The thing is since this is a high resolution oled that runs at 120hz with hdr, it’s actually a pretty damn good way to play. If I didn’t have the G2 I would maybe stick with this for ps5 and I could see using it still sometimes for the huge screen. It’s really a nice looking display and if you dont have a 120hz oled it’s probably better than your real tv. Pretty cool.

I thought about that and forgot to ask. That feature is so cool so I'm glad it's even more impressive now. 

• Halal 1

probably the vr focused channel I like rhe most so far. I haven’t had a chance to watch the review yet, so I can’t comment on this one specifically, but he’s generally fair and thorough. But he’s also grading on a VR scale, since that’s what his channel revolves around.

25 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

probably the vr focused channel I like rhe most so far. I haven’t had a chance to watch the review yet, so I can’t comment on this one specifically, but he’s generally fair and thorough. But he’s also grading on a VR scale, since that’s what his channel revolves around.

Can’t wait to try this tomorrow! The parts with enemy’s moving closer if you blink sound scary AF

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

My oldest brother bought the PSVR2 just for this game. I hope he likes it. Did they ever port the first game over? 

No :(

I don’t blame him though, I probably wouldn’t have gotten it yet if it wasn’t for this coming out either. Now after using it I should have anyway, but still I’m suppppper pumped.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

No :(

I don’t blame him though, I probably wouldn’t have gotten it yet if it wasn’t for this coming out either. Now after using it I should have anyway, but still I’m suppppper pumped.

He is a big Supermassive fan so I’m glad there are some story references to their other games. He is pumped. 

• Hugs 1

Games that need to come to psvr2

Rush of Blood

Astrobot

Wipeout
Polybius

RE7 VR

Lone Echo 1/2 (star was galactic is an oculus studios game and that made it in..)

Half Life Alyx (valve does console games..)

Space Trainer (i’m sure this comes)

• Halal 1

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Games that need to come to psvr2

Rush of Blood

Astrobot

Wipeout
Polybius

RE7 VR

Lone Echo 1/2 (star was galactic is an oculus studios game and that made it in..)

Half Life Alyx (valve does console games..)

Space Trainer (i’m sure this comes)

I would add all Sony 1st party games. I liked Blood and Truth. 

• True 1

i definitely hope there are plans to bring a bunch of ports. Id rebuy everything Sony yeah. I’m very happy with the headset so I could do with this just being my main vr setup if the content keeps coming. Though if it supported pc too that would be amazing and I definitely wouldn’t bother with Quest 3 even.

15 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A yeah it’s actually quite an interesting way it goes and also experiencing that in VR it was a trip at the time. 

2 hours ago, stepee said:

A yeah it’s actually quite an interesting way it goes and also experiencing that in VR it was a trip at the time. 

They have a Village VR demo on PSN along with quite a few others. I'm not sure what your VR collection is like but just a friendly heads up. 

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They have a Village VR demo on PSN along with quite a few others. I'm not sure what your VR collection is like but just a friendly heads up. 

Thanks yeah I tried the demos but RE Village I bought since it was $20 and REALLY glad I did because it’s well worth a second play through in vr, excellent job.

• Halal 1

Getting an impression that reviews will be rough for Switchback seeing impressions from some reviewers on resetera. But I’m also getting the impression it’s pretty much going to be just more of something I love that hardly anyone makes soook

20 hours ago, stepee said:

Getting an impression that reviews will be rough for Switchback seeing impressions from some reviewers on resetera. But I’m also getting the impression it’s pretty much going to be just more of something I love that hardly anyone makes soook

I really don't like it. Played about an hour, not sure I will continue. Blurry, pop in, awful graphics. Shooting is good, but overall, it's a bad effort. Also, nothing scary about it at all. 

• Sad 1

I played an hour of Switchback as well and it’s exactly what I wanted! Well almost, it is blurry and I’m not sure why with the visuals it’s pushing. I’m fine with the visuals besides it being blurry though because there isn’t much in VR that looks better than a ps2 game anyway and this at least looks like a ps4 game. But yeah hopefully they will up the res in a patch and maybe the lod pop in.

I will say from people complaining about it, I thought it would be worse, like it still looks better than ROB on the original psvr. It should look better considering, but there just isn’t much to compare it to so whatevas.

It’s a ton of fun and definitely a straight sequel to ROB so it’s more of the exact thing that I wanted and can’t wait to play more myself. Definitely was scary to me and it got me a few times but overall it’s supposed to be more carnival ride scary than like pure dread or something, and it nails that vibe for me.

The bathroom scene with the mirrors was super cool and freaky as was the section with blinking making the mannequins inching closer.