The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC Update 1.1 released, officially Steam Deck verified

Just now, stepee said:

40fps mode is def what I would be rocking if I wasn’t waiting for pc. Sony is doing good work pushing that option in all their games.

It droped in fps on occasions today while playing. There was a lot of shit going on at once so it dipped a little. Nothing terrible by any means.  Performance mode is smooth as hell at 60fps so it's nice to have that option. 

This is like playing this for the first time for me so this is an amazing experience. I'm putting this in my top 5 games I've ever played. I never play 7 hours in a day with any game. This is so good and I want to know what happens next all the time. 

The gradual relationship with Ellie and Joel  is really well done, too. I'm just really impressed with this and I'm glad I bought it. 

• Halal 1

Just now, best3444 said:

Will you be able to max everything out with amazing fps? 

I imagine it’ll just be maxed out 4k60fps for me on my current setup. I’m assuming since there is no temporal upscaling on this, that dlss won’t be included to get to 120fps. 

But, the 4080 might be out in Oct/Nov so maybe I’ll be able to do something like 1800p/120 :D

• Haha 1

I played this game all day long. I'm almost at the end and I started this morning. I can't remember a time that I played a game that much in one day. So fuckin good. 

@stepee Tomorrow when I beat this I'm immediately going to play part 2.  It runs at 60fps the entire game with no dips in framerate in any section according to Digital Foundry. They said going from the PS4 Pro version into part 2 on PS5 is a significant upgrade. They said shooting your gun is easier because of the framerate, too.

I absolutely love TLOU 1 as you know and I want to transition right into part 2 at a rock solid 60fps and continue the story right away. 

I think you beat part 2 on your PS5, correct? What is your impression of it playing in 60fps instead of 30fps on the PS4?

23 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I just beat it 10 minutes ago. It's an utter masterpiece and in my top 3 games of all time. It looked spectacular on PS5 and it was well worth $70 I paid for it. 

I hadn't played it in 8 years so most of the game was practically new to me. Some moments came back to me but overall I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I could go on and on how fucking amazing this game is but most people here played and beat it.

So, my point for this post is if you recently beat the remastered version then this game isn't worth $70. It's not worth getting overall. 

One scene nearing the end of the game that blew me away visually was when

Spoiler

Ellie sees the family of giraffes from up on a balcony with Joel. The music hits hard in the scene and the visuals are breathtaking. It gave me goose bumps. The facial improvements are incredible and makes the game that more emotional. 

This is a 10/10 game for me. 

• Halal 1

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

I played this game all day long. I'm almost at the end and I started this morning. I can't remember a time that I played a game that much in one day. So fuckin good. 

@stepee Tomorrow when I beat this I'm immediately going to play part 2.  It runs at 60fps the entire game with no dips in framerate in any section according to Digital Foundry. They said going from the PS4 Pro version into part 2 on PS5 is a significant upgrade. They said shooting your gun is easier because of the framerate, too.

I absolutely love TLOU 1 as you know and I want to transition right into part 2 at a rock solid 60fps and continue the story right away. 

I think you beat part 2 on your PS5, correct? What is your impression of it playing in 60fps instead of 30fps on the PS4?

Well I waited for the 60fps version so I never played it on ps4 pro, but I mean with any game that’s a huge difference. It will look basically just like the 60fps mode in PT1 Remake. It’s still one of the best looking games out because current gen hasn’t really kicked in yet so top of the line last gen at 60fps is about as good as it gets right now anyway with a few exceptions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Well I waited for the 60fps version so I never played it on ps4 pro, but I mean with any game that’s a huge difference. It will look basically just like the 60fps mode in PT1 Remake. It’s still one of the best looking games out because current gen hasn’t really kicked in yet so top of the line last gen at 60fps is about as good as it gets right now anyway with a few exceptions.

Well I'm kinda fatigued with TLOU after just beating it this morning. I played and beat TLOU2 twice so I don't think it's worth my time to play again. Maybe I'll play it again around the time part 3 comes out.

Thanks for the response. 

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just beat it 10 minutes ago. It's an utter masterpiece and in my top 3 games of all time. It looked spectacular on PS5 and it was well worth $70 I paid for it. 

I hadn't played it in 8 years so most of the game was practically new to me. Some moments came back to me but overall I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I could go on and on how fucking amazing this game is but most people here played and beat it.

So, my point for this post is if you recently beat the remastered version then this game isn't worth $70. It's not worth getting overall. 

One scene nearing the end of the game that blew me away visually was when

Reveal hidden contents

This is a 10/10 game for me. 

That scene remains the most beautiful scene I’ve ever felt in a video game.

• True 1

Well I'm pretty disgusted right now. I played TLOU2 this morning and overall the game looks fucking better than this new remake of part 1. The only thing that isn't as good are the characters faces but it's extremely close. The environment looks better in part 2. So I am confused how a PS4 game looks better than a game built from the ground up on PS5...

I mean I loaded up different areas of my saves in part 2 and was blown away by the diverse environments. Especially in the beginning with the snow. Not only does the snow look better the characters make foot prints in the snow as they walk. In the remake I just played there wasn't any foot prints in the snow and that particular snow area in general looks WORSE than part 2. 

I feel ripped off. Naughty Dog is full of shit about everything they said about the remake. I'm still glad I got to replay the first one with part 2's visuals but wow!

So not only does part 2 look better it has better controls and more combat options like going prone etc. 

I feel like a complete idiot hyping up the visuals for the remake. :doh:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Well I'm pretty disgusted right now. I played TLOU2 this morning and overall the game looks fucking better than this new remake of part 1. The only thing that isn't as good are the characters faces but it's extremely close. The environment looks better in part 2. So I am confused how a PS4 game looks better than a game built from the ground up on PS5...

I mean I loaded up different areas of my saves in part 2 and was blown away by the diverse environments. Especially in the beginning with the snow. Not only does the snow look better the characters make foot prints in the snow as they walk. In the remake I just played there wasn't any foot prints in the snow and that particular snow area in general looks WORSE than part 2. 

I feel ripped off. Naughty Dog is full of shit about everything they said about the remake. I'm still glad I got to replay the first one with part 2's visuals but wow!

So not only does part 2 look better it has better controls and more combat options like going prone etc. 

I feel like a complete idiot hyping up the visuals for the remake. :doh:

This is literally the most psychotic post I’ve ever read on any message board ever. You were literally gushing over the remake less than 24 hours ago. “Master piece, top 3 of all time” now you’re disgusted by that same game because they chose not to put footprints in it? Jesus

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

This is literally the most psychotic post I’ve ever read on any message board ever. You were literally gushing over the remake less than 24 hours ago. “Master piece, top 3 of all time” now you’re disgusted by that same game because they chose not to put footprints in it? Jesus

Please read again, slower this time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Wtf are you talking about? I absolutely loved the game! I was purely speaking about the visuals. Did you read my entire post?  TLOU is in my top 5 games ever played and I even say in my post that I'm glad I got to play it with TLOU2 visual quality. 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Best gunna Best lol

I honestly don't know what is confusing or wrong with my post? Naughty Dog used TLOU2 visuals for a remake that was supposedly built from the ground up on a MUCH more powerful machine.

I had an absolute blast PLAYING TLOU but it's cheap what Naughty Dog did here. Especially for $70, too. 

41 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I honestly don't know what is confusing or wrong with my post? Naughty Dog used TLOU2 visuals for a remake that was supposedly built from the ground up on a MUCH more powerful machine.

I had an absolute blast PLAYING TLOU but it's cheap what Naughty Dog did here. Especially for $70, too. 

You’re such a graphics whore lol

• Haha 1

I don’t think they’ve even really been hiding that it’s just PT1 caught up to the graphics tech in PT2. Built from the ground up for ps5 wasn’t a lie, because it literally was, it’s just they didn’t want to spend the extra time optimizing it to get it to run on ps4 also (and wanted it to be a reason to upgrade). 

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don’t think they’ve even really been hiding that it’s just PT1 caught up to the graphics tech in PT2. Built from the ground up for ps5 wasn’t a lie, because it literally was, it’s just they didn’t want to spend the extra time optimizing it to get it to run on ps4 also (and wanted it to be a reason to upgrade). 

I think they gave the impression initially that the game would be MORE than just a graphics update. Like @Commissar SFLUFANsaid, they gave the impression that ot was more of a Remake than a Remaster. It's been pretty clear though that that's NOT what it was. Not sure why @best3444 was so surprised... it was discussed in this topic. I think @JPDunks4brought it up. Not gonna lie, I love ya @best3444but I was taken aback by your pervceived 180 too just like @Mercury33 was. You went from praising the game to saying that Naughty Dog basically ripped folks off for something that was known a bit before the game came out. Several of us said that we didn't think the game was worth $70 bucks.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think they gave the impression initially that the game would be MORE than just a graphics update. Like @Commissar SFLUFANsaid, they gave the impression that ot was more of a Remake than a Remaster. It's been pretty clear though that that's NOT what it was. Not sure why @best3444 was so surprised... it was discussed in this topic. I think @JPDunks4brought it up. Not gonna lie, I love ya @best3444but I was taken aback by your pervceived 180 too just like @Mercury33 was. You went from praising the game to saying that Naughty Dog basically ripped folks off for something that was known a bit before the game came out. Several of us said that we didn't think the game was worth $70 bucks.

yeah, I was strictly speaking regarding the graphics, it’s not like they were out there bragging about some new tech I meant

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Eggzactly!

Anyone who even remotely read this topic for the last several weeks would've known precisely what this release was going to be and why  once that knowledge was known, it was met with such derision in this thread, especially when Naughty Dog initially gave the initial impression through their own marketing that this game would be an "actual" and not a glorified remaster that was being sold for $70.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Eggzactly!

Anyone who even remotely read this topic for the last several weeks would've known precisely what this release was going to be and why  once that knowledge was known, it was met with such derision in this thread, especially when Naughty Dog initially gave the initial impression through their own marketing that this game would be an "actual" and not a glorified remaster that was being sold for $70.

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

36 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The way I read his post is that after replaying the second game, he realized that the graphics were basically the same as it and not much, if any, better (than the TLOUII). He noted about the improvements from the sequel being absent in the referenced post, but I don’t recall him praising new gameplay in the remake prior anyway. All his drool was specifically about the graphics, then after returning to TLOUII immediately after he seems to have gone “wait… it’s not even really better than this!”, which, also negates the “made from the ground up for PS5!” stuff unless you’re talking in the most literal sense of there not being a PS4 version, IMO.

• True 1

Well I guess I was just so taken back playing TLOU2 this morning that it looked so incredible. I wasn't expecting it to look better than the remake. It's all good and I had a great time playing the remake. I just don't know how Naughty Dog made TLOU2 look like a PS5 title lol. 

Sorry to get everyone confused. Calling my post psychotic was a bit much though.  😄 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Well I guess I was just so taken back playing TLOU2 this morning that it looked so incredible. I wasn't expecting it to look better than the remake. It's all good and I had a great time playing the remake. I just don't know how Naughty Dog made TLOU2 look like a PS5 title lol. 

Sorry to get everyone confused. Calling my post psychotic was a bit much though.  😄 

You should see Uncharted 4 PS5 upgrade. Shit looks real nice.