The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC Update 1.1 released, officially Steam Deck verified

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I played more of TLOU2 this morning and it's on another level compared to any other videogame. I played 3 hours this morning and time flew by! A remarkable accomplishment by Naughty Dog, jfc. I'm  lovin 60fps, too. :)

3 hours in the morning? Damn, what time do you get up?

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

Dang you have been out of work for a while. Hope you get things straightened out. 

I can return on Monday the 12th. On another note, those dogs in TLOU2 are a pain in the ass. I really notice improved enemy AI because they are giving me a challenge. They're flanking and getting in great spots for cover. Part 2 is on another level compared to the first one. So fuckin awesome. 

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC release announced for 03 March 2023

PC release announced for 03 March 2023:

02ff801cf89acee0ff4620247b7cbeb55886401a
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of The Last of Us, coming to PC for the first time.

We were so honored by the reception of The Last of Us Part I when it debuted on the PS5 earlier this year, and we can’t wait to welcome new and returning players on Joel and Ellie’s unforgettable adventure, newly optimized and enhanced for PC. We’ll have more information about The Last of Us Part I’s PC specs and features closer to release, so please look forward to more ahead of the March launch.

header.jpg?t=1670560521
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters in The Last of Us™, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC release announced for 03 March 2023 ($60)
3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

PC release announced for 03 March 2023:

02ff801cf89acee0ff4620247b7cbeb55886401a
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of The Last of Us, coming to PC for the first time.

header.jpg?t=1670560521
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters in The Last of Us™, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards.

Oohhhh I missed this news, this makes me happy. Well, I was hoping it would be Jan but i’m glad to finally have a date.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC release announced for 03 March 2023 ($60), Steam Deck support confirmed
On 12/9/2022 at 10:57 AM, osxmatt said:

PC release! Now I can finally play this masterpiece.

Now if we could just get Bloodborne, I could stop trying to convince myself to buy a Playstation.

If I in fact have cancer I may cave and get a PS5 for bloodborne and then sell it.

• Hugs 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fired this up this morning. It plays really well and everything is smooth. I thought coming from Ragnarok it would have controlled more robotic but it's really nice. It plays like a next gen title minus the handy features missing from part 2.

Visually it's beautiful. In March if this includes ray tracing it will look photo realistic on the the guys machines in here. The spoiled group...stepee, vic, and spork. :D

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Fired this up this morning. It plays really well and everything is smooth. I thought coming from Ragnarok it would have controlled more robotic but it's really nice. It plays like a next gen title minus the handy features missing from part 2.

Visually it's beautiful. In March if this includes ray tracing it will look photo realistic on the the guys machines in here. The spoiled group...stepee, vic, and spork. :D

I wish, but I’m not expecting RT to be added at all. I just don’t see ND doing it until they launch it with a new game for some reason. They also spend so much time on their baked lighting, and it’s so ingrained, using RT GI might be hard. Reflections and shadows would be so cool though. 

But even just the port at 4k/120fps with some higher detail levels will probably be in the running for one of the best looking things you can play.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I wish, but I’m not expecting RT to be added at all. I just don’t see ND doing it until they launch it with a new game for some reason. They also spend so much time on their baked lighting, and it’s so ingrained, using RT GI might be hard. Reflections and shadows would be so cool though. 

But even just the port at 4k/120fps with some higher detail levels will probably be in the running for one of the best looking things you can play.

Just be sure to turn off the annoying grain effect. Yea, it's top 3 best looking games on PS5. 

• True 1

3 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I always turn off grain effect and motion blur in games, I never understood the appeal of graphics looking grainy and blurry. I like graphics to look as clean, crisp and sharp as possible.

On consoles the motion blur usually masks the poor frame rate while the grain is supposed to make it look like a movie.

Add chromatic aberration to options to turn off as well.

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That post-processing visual clutter has no business being part of gaming.

I don't mind it in games like The Quarry that are basically already movies, and that one straight up has a "movie mode" so it's fine there. But otherwise, agreed.

I'll say 7 hours in the visuals downgrade imo. The texture work is spoty af. The foliage always looks ok but some textures in main areas look bad. Built from the ground up on PS5?

:liar:

Ok. There are some scenes that look like a PS5 game here. Very strange that section I was in looked bad. Textures were awful. Now I hit a location and I'm very pleased. 

Quick note on the game as a whole. It's still extremely good!

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC release rescheduled for 28 March 2023