The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC Update 1.1 released, officially Steam Deck verified

7 hours ago, stepee said:

And not everything has to run on steam deck but if your game can’t run at a locked 30fps with reasonable settings then you shouldn’t be teasing the ability to play on deck, probably a lot of the bad reviews are from deck players 

But the devs specifically said that it would run on the steam deck. So either you get it to run on the steam deck or you say it can't.

I wonder if this game will receive a similar treatment as this previous "stellar" effort from Iron Galaxy:

HTXT.CO.ZA

The studio that ported Batman: Arkham Knight so poorly it had to be removed from stores has struck again with The Last of Us Part 1 for PC.

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN Have you ever played this?

I played the PS3 version and that was enough for me.

I'm really quite lukewarm on Naughty Dog's output as a whole.  I can appreciate their high quality and production values, but other than that...ehhhhh...Sony can keep 'em as far as I'm concerned :p

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I played the PS3 version and that was enough for me.

I'm really quite lukewarm on Naughty Dog's output as a whole.  I can appreciate their high quality and production values, but other than that...ehhhhh...Sony can keep 'em as far as I'm concerned :p

Waiting for the sad dad Jak and Daxter?

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

From my understanding Iron Galaxy only helped out a little bit.

Also, what's with all the shitting on Iron Galaxy? They helped out with Metroid Prime remaster, they helped with the  Uncharted collection for PC which didn't have any issues from what I can remember. 🤷‍♀️

It seems like it might have only been like some additional QA, super small involvement, but people love ND so they don’t want to admit the lack of polish is their bad here I think. They messed up that Arkham Knight port for sure but their Skyrim switch port was legit and they did great work on Killer Instinct when they took over. They also did the City and Asylum pc ports which I thought were great and had cool nvidia physx stuff at the time. 

• True 1

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Nah, bro, people trying to run this on a handheld potato are having a hard time. Master race is now plebeian.

Wait you have me an idea. PC Gaming optimates. Master race is ya kno.

Tbh the bugs make me want to play it more then if it didn't have the bugs.

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So are you good with no issues like vic on your beautiful new setup?

Yeah it runs beautiful here. But honestly even my old build only dipped to the 70s now the lows are 90s and it hangs out at 120 a lot more but it was perfectly smooth before still too. It’s not THAT bad.

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I know this feeling!

There are new AMD drivers for this game and I don't want to download them for fear of bugs getting fixed. 

I want everyone to be randonly wet in my cutscenes. That should be like those features you get for new game plus.

59 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Stepee only pays attention to the frame rate number not what's actually happening on screen. :p

Hey it can be more fun then a game. Like an FPS counter can make the game worse but it can also potentially make it better as well.