The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC Update 1.1 released, officially Steam Deck verified

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Where are you at?

Im at where

you split from bill and drive off but then the gang or whatever I forget what the arc is with them so I’ll find out soon what their deal is, but those assholes made the car crash and now we are trying to escape [/spoilers]

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im at where

Hide contents

you split from bill and drive off but then the gang or whatever I forget what the arc is with them so I’ll find out soon what their deal is, but those assholes made the car crash and now we are trying to escape [/spoilers]

Nice. Cool scenioro. Is everything running ok and look spectacular?

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Nice. Cool scenioro. Is everything running ok and look spectacular?

Yeah it’s really crazy looking, much more so than the Uncharted 4 port even. That looked great still but this is just another level of fidelity all at around 100-120fps at better than 4k IQ with dlss quality. It’s very very sharp with the super high res textures combined with high display resolution.

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s so good his eyes can’t keep up with the actual frames and the Ray tracing is burning his retinas.

Fresh Off The Boat Reaction GIF

there is no ray tracing :( :(

naughty dog doesn’t need it as much as other devs tho cuz they can bake lighting like woah

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They also do fantastic reflections in mirrors in their games, too. 

Oh yeah they must be using a mix of ssr and planar reflections like Hitman 3 which had great reflections even prior to RT. Very very good reflections, probably the best non RT ones we will ever see in a game here, top of the craft.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Got my new CPU ordered, looking forward to actually being able to play this(I hope). I got the 7800X3D. @stepee

Going to an existing system or full new build? Cpu wise you sare good here just need to make sure you have gsync as it’ll be floating mid 90s-120 likely (most of the time you should be 100+). Indoors is usually 120. It looks sooooo good.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Going to an existing system or full new build? Cpu wise you sare good here just need to make sure you have gsync as it’ll be floating mid 90s-120 likely. Indoors is usually 120. It looks sooooo good.

This is a full new build, minus the GPU(I have a 3080). Also got the same CPU for the game room PC to pair with the 7900XTX.

Stupid Best Buy says they won't be available fore pickup until next Saturday. But given how quick these things sold out this morning, it was the only option.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is a full new build, minus the GPU(I have a 3080). Also got the same CPU for the game room PC to pair with the 7900XTX.

Stupid Best Buy says they won't be available fore pickup until next Saturday. But given how quick these things sold out this morning, it was the only option.

Ahh ok the 3080 pc will probably have some issues still because of vram so don’t worry if this doesn’t perform that well there still, it won’t be the cpus fault, just bad programming that the 3080 can’t overcome.

The other pc will be running this gloriously. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Ahh ok the 3080 pc will probably have some issues still because of vram so don’t worry if this doesn’t perform that well there still, it won’t be the cpus fault, just bad programming that the 3080 can’t overcome.

The other pc will be running this gloriously. 

Yeah, I was planning on keeping the 3080 until at least the next line of GPUs drop. It's served me well with every other fucking game(great job, Sony).

But this game, I was already planning on playing on the 65" OLED.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I was planning on keeping the 3080 until at least the next line of GPUs drop. It's served me well with every other fucking game(great job, Sony).

But this game, I was already planning on playing on the 65" OLED.

Wise move! I play a lot of games streaming to deck especially after work these days but I’m saving most of this one for the weekend to see  it all on the oled. It’s just such a pristine image.

• True 1

Oh man this really runs beautifully now that I have my cpu set right. There was a patch too but I can’t tell if that specifically helped me or not because my cpu is performing overall much better now. resetera peeps are saying it didn’t help but I’m always iffy if they are hive minding or being honest about anything 

• Halal 1

It just scales poorly. If you have a top of the line system it’s great and performs the same as other best of class looking games. Then it all drops sharply from there by the time you are even on an 11thgen intel/3000 series nvidia or amd equivalents.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

no, it definitely had a terrible launch. Game was completely broken for a lot of people running anything except the newest hardware. 

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People don't run the newest hardware?

Are we considering a 3090 new? How we have fallen. 

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1

This was so damn good though. I can’t wait for the Part2 pc port which I still believe will happen (and will launch much better), I would have dived right into that if it were already available. That game made this game a lot sadder to me as now it’s kind of the story of Ellie turning into a psychopath.