Joker: Folie à Deux - Releases 10/24/24 (until it gets cancelled) - Official Teaser Trailer

• Brian changed the title to Joker: Folie à deus - Tentative title for the sequel. Script done

Interesting title.

If anyone is unfamiliar 'Folie a deux' aka Madness for Two is a phenomenon where 2 or more co-depenant people suffer from a bout psychosis at the same time where their delusions feul one another. One of the more famous cases was 2 totally normal 40-something sisters on a vacation became convinced there was somebody following/chasing them. They ended up running across a highway got hit by a car got up like the fucking terminator fought the police and iirc in the process they accidentally killed someone 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Interesting title.

If anyone is unfamiliar 'Folie a deus' aka Madness for Two is a phenomenon where 2 or more co-depenant people have suffer from a bout psychosis at the same time where their delusions feul one another. One of the more famous cases was 2 totally normal 40-something sisters on a vacation became convinced there was somebody out to get them ran across a highway got hit by a car got up like the fucking terminator fought the police and iirc in the process they killed someone 

So Harley Quinn or Bruce Wayne? Or maybe a Jokeer-verse Two Face?

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So Harley Quinn or Bruce Wayne? Or maybe a Jokeer-verse Two Face?

Yeah  my first thought was Harley, in the original cannon she was a psychiatrist who was treating joker.

Could be anyone though, scarecrow, riddler, lot of mad men in Gotham

• True 1

When I first heard they were doing a sequel, I was against it. But then I thought back and realized I was against the first one when I first heard about it because I really didn't think there was new ground on Joker to cover. But I was completely wrong, and that movie was great. So, this time, I'm just sitting on the sidelines and waiting to see what they do because if they pull another brilliant movie out of nowhere, I'm completely on board.

49 minutes ago, Derek said:

So... is DC even trying to create a universe anymore or just rolling with their one-off movies that are popular?

There is a universe as I understand it, but it's a loose one connected mostly by the actor who shows up to play the character. For instance, Shazam 1+2, Black Adam, The Flash, Aquaman 1+2, The Suicide Squad, and Peacemaker are all clearly in the DCEU because they directly mention events, plot points, and star actors playing characters from back in the DCEU days.

But films like Joker and The Batman are their own thing creating their own one-off shared universes. Some upcoming DC HBO Max shows will be about characters from The Batman, but none of that is DCEU connected. Until someone from Joker or The Batman shows up in the DCEU or vice versa, they appear to be separated going forward. There was talk of The Flash maybe changing that fact going forward which could be done via flashpoint, we'll see.

A third smaller thing to take into account is apparently Dwayne Johnson is a huge fan of the DCEU and wants Henry Cavill back as Superman to face off against or at least be in a movie with his Black Adam and has been very bullish about it. I'm not sure how much sway that truly has at HBO and DC but I imagine it has some sway to keep the DCEU alive, especially if Black Adam does well.

• 1 month later...
  • Brian changed the title to Joker: Folie à deus - Releases 10/24/24 (until it gets cancelled)
  • Brian changed the title to Joker: Folie à deus - Releases 10/24/24 (until it gets cancelled), Lady Gaga confirmed
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Joker: Folie à Deux - Releases 10/24/24 (until it gets cancelled), Lady Gaga confirmed
  • 1 year later...

This film will have a $200 million budget (Phoenix's salary - $20 million, Gaga's salary - $12 million)

VARIETY.COM

Warner Bros. is paying Lady Gaga $12 million for "Joker 2," while Leonardo DiCaprio is earning $20 million for Paul Thomas Anderson's new movie.

And this is one splashy renovation. The budget for Todd Phillips’ musical “Joker” sequel — one of De Luca and Abdy’s first green lights — has ballooned to about $200 million, a significant bump from the $60 million cost of the first film. Sources say Joaquin Phoenix is getting $20 million to reprise his role as the clown prince of crime, while Lady Gaga is taking home about $12 million to play Harley Quinn. “Joker” took in more than $1 billion, but musicals are tricky. Case in point: Warners lost $40 million on last year’s “The Color Purple,” according to sources. Though that one can be blamed on the previous regime.