~*Official Elon Musk: The Very Stable Genius and SEC Ordered By Federal Judge to Jointly "Justify" Settlement*~

39 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's almost as if no one who is rich watched Spider-Man, heard Uncle Ben say "with great power comes great responsibility" and they all collectively went: "nah, fuck that shit". 

Considering Musk is pushing green tech harder than anyone, i'd say he learned that lesson better than most. Guy might be a moron, but he's at least trying to do good things for humanity. 

10 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Considering Musk is pushing green tech harder than anyone, i'd say he learned that lesson better than most. Guy might be a moron, but he's at least trying to do good things for humanity. 

I agree, but the path to hell is often paved with good intentions. Being proud that he was "always crazy" on Twitter is irresponsible. I don't know how old you are but I'm now 32 years old and seeing adults act like children gets stranger and more stupid with each passing year. 

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I agree, but the path to hell is often paved with good intentions. Being proud that he was "always crazy" on Twitter is irresponsible. I don't know how old you are but I'm now 32 years old and seeing adults act like children gets stranger and more stupid with each passing year. 

Agreed. was just pointing out that Musk isn't exactly an oil exec or anything. The man does care about the world. 

I also think he's autistic. 

14 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Agreed. was just pointing out that Musk isn't exactly an oil exec or anything. The man does care about the world. 

Musk does care but he cares like an entitled person cares, which isn't surprising but is disappointing. I agree with you he may be autistic or on the spectrum at least. 

21 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I watched a presentation a few years ago by someone (I forget who) who claimed that a vast majority of the people who work in the tech industry are autistic - or at least exhibit symptoms of autism/aspergers syndrome.  I'm totally in agreement. (I work in the tech sector too!) 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My reflex is that this is a bullshit ruling. From the comments on the article:

Jesus. If a billionaire can go out and use his social media profile to tell untold millions of people someone is a paedophile and get away with it, then defamation law in the US has literally no use whatsoever.

Plus the fact that he kept digging and digging.

If memory serves, Musk followed up his original tweet with claims that he could *prove* Unsworth was a pedophile, which would seem to undercut Musk's claim that his comment was just non-serious bluster.

There is no way this isn’t defamation. The Musk team didn’t even seek to show the claims were true. And unlike a criminal case, there is a burden on the alleged defamer to show the statements were true. It’s not even a defense to claim you THOUGHT they were true, if no effort had been made to figure out if the statement were true.

When he called the dude a “pedo guy” on Twitter, he was just being a reckless jackass.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

This is gross.

Two guys extremely interested in rocketry and spaceflight meeting up is gross?

I definitely understand many reasons not to like Musk as a person, but some of you seem to just actively want to make everything into a problem, even when theres nothing there.

"In todays controversy, people with similar interests met each other!"

On 5/7/2021 at 4:27 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Slow Motion Smoking GIF

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
dXGKdDzuAjkacHwsiSgxGT-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Musk invited Carmack to visit, and so Carmack did.

I generally like Carmack, but he often tweets bad AI takes; the kind a student new to the area would make. That isn't surprising because he is new to the area, but his fan boys constantly eat it up which I find deeply frustrating. In this way, him meeting with Musk seems like an appropriate match :p 

On 4/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, TheGreatGamble said:

He’s just trying to make money 

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Two guys extremely interested in rocketry and spaceflight meeting up is gross?

I definitely understand many reasons not to like Musk as a person, but some of you seem to just actively want to make everything into a problem, even when theres nothing there.

"In todays controversy, people with similar interests met each other!"

jonah hill tongue GIF