Jon Watts No Longer Directing Fantastic Four

Well maybe if John Krasinski is really playing Mr. Fantastic in the movie. Maybe he would like to take on the director’s chair role as well. I’m all for the Russo Bros. but they might wanna enjoy the break a little longer. I would also love to see them ask Edgar Wright again, but I don’t know on what terms, how bad that split on Ant-Man was. Who I haven’t seen in a while but like his action eye in direction Len Wiseman from the Underworld series and Live Free or Die Hard.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just get the Russos back.

i would rather not. i like getting fresh directors and with fantastic four you have new characters in the universe. i wish MCU made more movies that feel different. russos are good at doing exactly what the MCU wants to be but it can be better! (if they would let it) 

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I imagine given the success of No Way Home they want Jon Watts continuing to direct Spider-Man movies.

Spiderman is done in the MCU, at least for now, right? Disney has an animated Spidey show coming out, since I guess Sony doesn't hold the rights to TV shows or something to that effect

16 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Spiderman is done in the MCU, at least for now, right? Disney has an animated Spidey show coming out, since I guess Sony doesn't hold the rights to TV shows or something to that effect

I believe Sony has said Spider-Man movies are definitely continuing. Tom Holland himself has waffled on it, but I imagine they'll rope him in, perhaps pass the baton to Miles Morales (which is what Tom Holland wants).

They're just beginning to build their shitty side universe with Venom 1 + 2 and Morbius, with much more on the way, so I'd imagine definitely more Spider-Man movies, in the MCU or not I'm less sure but Jon Watts worked for Sony ultimately.

• True 1

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

8 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I believe Sony has said Spider-Man movies are definitely continuing. Tom Holland himself has waffled on it, but I imagine they'll rope him in, perhaps pass the baton to Miles Morales (which is what Tom Holland wants).

They're just beginning to build their shitty side universe with Venom 1 + 2 and Morbius, with much more on the way, so I'd imagine definitely more Spider-Man movies, in the MCU or not I'm less sure but Jon Watts worked for Sony ultimately.

Pretty sure Spidey is gonna continue in the MCU with Tom Holland especially since Sony has basically revived the other two Spiderman franchises and can keep them going independent of the MCU. They also have Spider-verse as well.  Tom Hommand has gone back and forth as to whether or not he would keep doing jt but after the success of the last movie along with the failure of Uncharted, I can't imagine he would really be done. 

• True 1

21 hours ago, Brick said:

Sort of within the topic but Sam Raimi has recently said that he would be down to do Spider-Man 4 (as in continuing his films with Tobey Maguire). 

That'd be quite the time jump to old Tobey. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

That'd be quite the time jump to old Tobey. 

He's old tobey in the latest Spiderman movie so they coukd pretty much continue from there. They could introduce his daugther with MJ setting up Spider-girl. Sony really has and opportunity here to continue all four of their Spiderman franchises because of No Way home.

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He's old tobey in the latest Spiderman movie so they coukd pretty much continue from there. They could introduce his daugther with MJ setting up Spider-girl. Sony really has and opportunity here to continue all four of their Spiderman franchises because of No Way home.

it’s unfortunate sony seems set on hiring people who make terrible movies 

I at least hope Tom Holland's Spidey isn't over. I feel like he's only just coming into his own as a character. Largely, we've gotten early years Spidey from him, but I'd like to see him as the more matured confident Spidey. Him teaching Miles would be a great way to evolve his character, and introduce a new one though, so I'd totally be down for that.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...