Jon Watts No Longer Directing Fantastic Four

• 2 months later...
WWW.TECHRADAR.COM

Marvel continues to stretch out its post-2024 release schedule

First up, the biggest reveal of the lot: the Fantastic Four movie's official cast. Making the announcement on its social media channels – including X/Twitter – Marvel confirmed that Pedro Pascal (The Last of Us), Vanessa Kirby (Napoleon), Joseph Quinn (Stranger Things), and Ebon Moss-Bachrach (The Bear) have officially signed on to play Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, Johnny Storm/The Human Torch, and Ben Grimm/The Thing.

Sounds great to me!

Ebon Moss-Bachrach is solid in The Bear... would not have thought of him for a super hero or The Thing, but it's intriguing to me at least. He could do something really interesting with it with the right script. Just please Marvel, take you time, make sure it's awesome.

• True 1

8 minutes ago, Gavin King said:

Ebon Moss-Bachrach is solid in The Bear... would not have thought of him for a super hero or The Thing, but it's intriguing to me at least. He could do something really interesting with it with the right script. Just please Marvel, take you time, make sure it's awesome.

Interestingly enough, it’s not his first foray into superhero content. He was Micro in the first season of the Punisher!

4 hours ago, Gavin King said:

Really enjoyed him in 'Andor' as well!

• Like 1

While part of me thinks it's great this is going to be set in the 60s... at the same time, I have a feeling that they are going to be beating that drum so hard...

I'm putting the over/under on the number of "HEY, IT'S THE 60s!!!" gags/references in the first 10 minutes at around 500.

"hey look, the 60s! hey look! hey it's the 60s! LOL, the 60s... look at this wacky 60s thing, it's a totally 60s thing, look look... OMG, the 60s!!!! Did we fail to mention it's the 60s!!!!!!?!?!?!??!?"

6 minutes ago, ort said:

While part of me thinks it's great this is going to be set in the 60s... at the same time, I have a feeling that they are going to be beating that drum hard...

I'm putting the over/under on the number of "hey look, the 60s! hey look! hey! look, OMG, the 60s!!!!" gags/references in the first 10 minutes at around 500.

It will be Captain Marvel but in the '60s