Disney editing out violence in Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Appears to be an error that's in the process of being corrected:

8bf4a2c0fead4f8d7b6f20df659595fd.jpg
GIZMODO.COM

With the arrival of the formerly Netflix-original Marvel series and wider filtering features, Disney has tweaked several violent scenes from the MCU spinoff.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Appears to be an error that's in the process of being corrected:

8bf4a2c0fead4f8d7b6f20df659595fd.jpg
GIZMODO.COM

With the arrival of the formerly Netflix-original Marvel series and wider filtering features, Disney has tweaked several violent scenes from the MCU spinoff.

Okay but I'm not going home without using my pitchfork after I already went and got it out!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

They're working to enable parental controls that will reduce violent images by otherwise retain content? That's AWESOME

It is an interesting thing for me to consider. There have been services that would serve up content edited versions of movies for parents who maybe want to show their kids a flick like Back to the Future but would prefer to keep out the couple of mild curse words for their 7 or 8 year old that repeats *everything* 😂

My policy has always been to simply respect the creatives and their work, and wait until I felt my children were sufficiently mature to consume that content.

I don’t think there is a “right” answer here, and I’m happy for parents to have more options.

On 3/30/2022 at 12:19 PM, Anathema- said:

They're working to enable parental controls that will reduce violent images by otherwise retain content? That's AWESOME

Yes of course. My five year old son wants to watch the winter soldier but I can't let him see the blood, but letting him watch the violence is perfectly fine!

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes of course. My five year old son wants to watch the winter soldier but I can't let him see the blood, but letting him watch the violence is perfectly fine!

Sometimes blood does make the difference in how violent a scene appears, why is that crazy? 

I mean FATWS is a great example of how blood can make the difference, thinking specifically of the scene where Walker kills a guy with the shield and there's blood all over it.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

Sometimes blood does make the difference in how violent a scene appears, why is that crazy? 

I mean FATWS is a great example of how blood can make the difference, thinking specifically of the scene where Walker kills a guy with the shield and there's blood all over it.

But it's fine to watch someone kill a guy with a shield as long as there is no blood.

Blood can make the difference between knocking a guy out or killing him. 

Like that scene in Batman v Superman where Batman flings the box at the guy. Theatrical hits the wall and passes out. R rated cut there's a streak of blood on the wall so you know he fucking dies. 

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

Like that scene in Batman v Superman where Batman flings the box at the guy. Theatrical hits the wall and passes out. R rated cut there's a streak of blood on the wall so you know he fucking dies. 

Batman killin'

variety see GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brick said: