Do you do anything out for Valentine’s?

Our drive in up near downtown Houston had its business night ever last night, and we normally are not open Monday nights outside of the summer and Christmas break. It was allllll couples doing Valentine’s stuff, and it got me thinking that in 17 years of marriage I think we have only ever gone out for Valentine’s one time and it was only because a restaurant we love was doing a one night only special menu that got our attention.

Other than that, Juanita usually makes something fancy for dinner at home. She also makes Valentine’s baskets for our kids, which was a new concept to me. My mom never made us anything like that.

Do you regularly go out for Valentine’s?

I made us a steak dinner on Sunday. I also baked her cake rather then the usual here's a box of candy routine. We have gone out maybe twice in 23 years of marriage.

24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

She also makes Valentine’s baskets for our kids

My wife does the same. She made candy baskets for my grown ass daughter and her fiancé.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

My wife does the same. She made candy baskets for my grown ass daughter and her fiancé.

My mom use to give us a sleeve of them heart shaped suckers and cookies to take into school/work. She is still doing the cookies part and so I brought some heart shaped sugar cookies with red/pink sprinkles on top to work. They seem to be well liked as always

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Oh, no chance my wife stops doing this until the day she dies. She’ll just eventually expand it to grandkids too!

Nada. I buy my wife flowers and treats all the time so it doesn’t make much sense to celebrate it.

I think we did celebrate the first two years of dating but you do all that dumb shit in the beginning before you get comfortable with each other and decide what you want to do. 

• True 1