Sonic Frontiers - November 8, 2022

Keyser_Soze

• 5 months later...

man this actually just made me more curious to see a good solid chunk of gameplay loop. I can see something amazing in my head here, but obviously need to take this with a huuuuuge grain of salt.

Think one of the shows will do a big reveal?

Looks fantastic to me.  There seems to be a good balance between free form movement and on-rails jungle-gym stuff.  Hopefully that holds true in the final game.

Compare it to this if you really want to see how far Team Sonic has come.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

looks like a good start and definitely see some fun there, but are there like…not any enemy’s in this game?

They're around in the footage, I think they just chose not to highlight them.  A little sparsity is a good thing here, IMO.

Reading around that people think the metal slide ramps everywhere are dumb because they don’t fit the ‘realistic’ aesthetic.  As if a bright blue cartoon animal does…

I personally love environments with random floating platforms and such everywhere.  Even more when I get to interact with them in an organized chaos sort of way.