Nvidia Jacket Man: GPU shortage to extend through 2022 to 2023

Mr.Vic20

• Mr.Vic20 changed the title to Nvidia Jacket Man: GPU shortage to extend through 2022 to 2023

We figured this though right? I mean honestly? I'm bumbed that so many of us csnt just get the hardware we want when we want it, but the world's been turned upside down and hoping wont change that. Lots of money to be had reselling these highend components, supply and demand is what we're built on. Just a realist. I wish it were different, but we know better. I'm actually worried how far into 2023, holiday's?? That's worrying!

4 hours ago, Raggit said:

This is very discouraging. I'm still waiting for EVGA to tell me when one is available... I've been in the queue since June. If this doesn't pan out I can see myself moving away from getting "graphically intense" games on PC in the future. :/

What GPU are you gaming on right now? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Isn't the Newegg Shuffle long-dead?

In what sense, do you mean? They shipped my stuff out the same day and it should be here Tuesday. 

I was forced in to buying an M.2 SSD along with my GPU but both together weren't that much above MSRP. 

25 minutes ago, Nokra said:

In what sense, do you mean? They shipped my stuff out the same day and it should be here Tuesday. 

I was forced in to buying an M.2 SSD along with my GPU but both together weren't that much above MSRP. 

Seriously was amazed by the seemingly overpowered at first 3080, 3080ti and 3090! I mean I love TECH so much. I love building overpriced gaming PC's for my personal use! Like so many here have assured me, my 2080Ti is still a gaming monster and super glad I chose to buy it though it was 1100 BUCKS! I never gives me problems, heats up my room nicely in the winter....lol and will hopefully stay strong through this pandemic and chip shortage and it's logistics it's caused. That said, I do feel sorry for all you out there wanting these items. It's mind boggling that Sony, and Nvidia and AMD, etc haven't moved to product ques to get these to there customers. I don't see why they haven't tried different options either? WHY? They know there being bought up in bulk for resale and yet no one has made a difference but say maybe the All Access program for the Xboxes, but that's not the norm. Why? Wouldn't it benefit them in the long run? I must be missing something. If I see a PS5, or any GPU's in the 30series 3070 on up, I'm grabbing them and working something out with you all. Though only having a BestBuy near me, No microcenter or anything like that doesn't help I guess.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Oh this, yeah I did see that but I believe Newegg fixed that pretty quickly. I suppose it's a constant arms race between retailers and bot-makers. But I didn't use bots at all and still got lucky after just two weeks of trying, so it's still very possible to win without resorting to cheating. 

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

Of the founder's edition 3070 Ti though, right? Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like the MSRP of this card is $949 (e.g. here it is at Best Buy), so it's still definitely overpriced at $1,200 but it could be far worse. :p 

With all the crazy aftermarket inflation, people forget that the base price of these cards have gone up two or three times since the 3xxx series launched. First from tariffs, IIRC, then once or twice from the semiconductor shortages causing price increases: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/kqmoid/asus_gigabyte_pny_zotac_and_msi_have_increased/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

22 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If you’re in the EVGA queue, check your spam/junk folder religiously 

I also occasionally check MyEVGA to see if a notification was ever sent at all, and thus far, none has ever been sent. I have a 3060 Ti in the queue since March of this year (added a second 3060 ti in July), and still waiting when my queue is up. 

I do wonder what will arrive first for me: My Steam Deck in Q2 2022, or EVGA 3060 Ti. :hmm:

2 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

I also occasionally check MyEVGA to see if a notification was ever sent at all, and thus far, none has ever been sent. I have a 3060 Ti in the queue since March of this year (added a second 3060 ti in July), and still waiting when my queue is up. 

I do wonder what will arrive first for me: My Steam Deck in Q2 2022, or EVGA 3060 Ti. :hmm:

I wasn't notified in the MyEVGA thing, only via email

22 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I wasn't notified in the MyEVGA thing, only via email

Right. What I was pointing out was in the MyEVGA "my notifies" page, it'll tell you if a notification has been sent, plus if the queue for that item is active or not. It won't send the notification directly from there, but it'll tell you if one has been sent in the past.. 

46 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Right. What I was pointing out was in the MyEVGA "my notifies" page, it'll tell you if a notification has been sent, plus if the queue for that item is active or not. It won't send the notification directly from there, but it'll tell you if one has been sent in the past.. 

Ah, I didn't know that was even thing. Apparently I entered for my 3080 Ti on 6/3, got the email a month ago.

42 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ah, I didn't know that was even thing. Apparently I entered for my 3080 Ti on 6/3, got the email a month ago.

Better than me. I originally entered into the queue for a 3060 Ti on March 7th (entered a 2nd 3060 ti in July, but I'll likely cancel that), and I still have not received a notification from them. My theory is there are a lot less people in the queue for a 3080 ti than a 3060 ti, so I expect to be waiting a lot longer. 

My running joke is what will arrive first: My 3060 ti, or my 512GB Steam Deck? :lol:

I after skipping Xbox last gen, I decided to get a PS5 and now the Halo LE Series X on impulse just to make sure I’ve got my bases covered in case this manages to continue to affect console supply. Definitely not considering a gaming PC for at least another 5 years at this point.