Inflation sucks bruh: JPow's Jihad

my nieces and nephew either want things that are too expensive (like a switch, but apparently they all want their own so that ludicrous), parents don't want them to have (drumset), or super in demand toys that are sold out. So they're getting a gift card, soccer stuff, and some candy from their uncle. 

15 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's a Gabby's doll house, based on the Netflix show. This thing retails for like $60 which is all it's worth, and all I'd pay*. $225 or so? Get fucking real that's stupid.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09FY9DN26/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_Z3CJ8N9QA1DZG128BKGF

It's literally all she talks about. This morning she said completely unprompted "Gabby's dollhouse is my dream house". We've got all the grandparents looking for it and told them not to buy at that price.

*I've been expressly forbidden from paying that much above retail.

I did some quick digging through a ton of canadian retailers on this and in the process found this article from the end of september. You're pretty much boned on this one. I warned people to buy ages ago. =/

5c7e6b724f68cd9f852d503356c83311
CA.NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Jingle All the Way may be a classic holiday movie, but let’s face it: Nobody wants to be Arnold Schwarzenegger battling crowds (and “sleazy con men in red suits ”)...

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

I did some quick digging through a ton of canadian retailers on this and in the process found this article from the end of september. You're pretty much boned on this one. I warned people to buy ages ago. =/

CA.NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Jingle All the Way may be a classic holiday movie, but let’s face it: Nobody wants to be Arnold Schwarzenegger battling crowds (and “sleazy con men in red suits ”)...

I didn't even know there was a Gabby's Dollhouse on sale. I'm going to keep that knowledge a secret.

6 hours ago, chakoo said:

CA.NEWS.YAHOO.COM

I actually thought I did our shopping early this year! Then she got that goddamn Amazon toy catalog from grandpa and saw it in there and it’s all she has been talking about

• Sad 1

On 12/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Just realized that because I can't find the gift my daughter won't stop fucking taking about (at retail price, as I'm not paying 4x for a plastic goddamn doll house from a reseller) imagine me trying to explain to a crying five year old about global supply chains on Christmas morning and you get an idea of where my head is this morning

Just tell her Santa saves the presents that we really really want for our birthdays so that we don't have to share. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

If you are going to buy a new car, I would recommend ordering one, and not just buying one off the lot.  There is less of a chance of a steep markup, as long as you are willing to wait a few months to get it. 

no test drive doe

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I can almost guarantee you this is because they've decided its better to put they're limited supplies into SUV/Trucks which make them more money and reduce their car production, not because it actually costs more to buy anything.

Edit: Yup, quick look at car maker websites and you literally have 1 or 2 car options and completely gutted their compact options, while Truck/SUV lineups are still complete, lol.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I can almost guarantee you this is because they've decided its better to put they're limited supplies into SUV/Trucks which make them more money and reduce their car production, not because it actually costs more to buy anything.

Edit: Yup, quick look at car maker websites and you literally have 1 or 2 car options and completely gutted their compact options, while Truck/SUV lineups are still complete, lol.

Ford doesn't even make "cars" anymore, unless you count the Mustang

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh you're not actually contractually obligated to take it once you have it ordered?

Correct.  At least with Ford, you are not obligated to buy a car that you order.  The dealership still receives the vehicle, which they end up selling on the lot. 

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Correct.  At least with Ford, you are not obligated to buy a car that you order.  The dealership still receives the vehicle, which they end up selling on the lot. 

Yeah that’s my understanding. Might be different if you get a bunch of expensive custom shit done though