No masks!

SuperSpreader

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

American exceptionalism means, as an American, rules and guideline don't apply to me! It annoys me to be one of the few people in stores/public wearing a mask. Fortunately the University I work for has mandated masks, so at least on campus its a must.  

I was walking around Cape May and it was all old fat idiots with no masks. 

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

No one knows who is vaxxed or not. Statistically a bunch of these mfers aren't. 

That’s true, but it’s kind of beside the point: the virus is here to stay, and there will always be a portion of the population that has never been vaccinated. So your options are to mask indefinitely - for more or less nonexistent personal gain - or trust the science that you are protected. 

Just now, Chris- said:

That’s true, but it’s kind of beside the point: the virus is here to stay, and there will always be a portion of the population that has never been vaccinated. So your options are to mask indefinitely - for more or less nonexistent personal gain - or trust the science that you are protected. 

Oh okay. 

19 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Ehhh. I foresee me wearing a mask on transit at least for many years to come during flu season 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

My work has mandated wearing masks and NOBODY is wearing them. I wear one because I'm a supervisor and I'm supposed to set the example. It's not working too well lol.

If you're the supervisor and nobody is wearing them then shouldn't you like, you know, supervise? 

• Haha 3

I live in North NJ and people wear masked indoors minus restaurants when people are eating. The only time I see no masks are people you look at and think “yea that is a douche”.  Those numbers are quite small. Heck I can’t go into my daughters daycare without showing my vaccine card. 

South Jersey is something else. @BasemntDweller2 and @Slug can chime in. 

8 hours ago, Chris- said:

This is true, and even if you decide to wear a mask the particulars of the community you are in are important. The current prevalence of the virus should be considered. The town I live in has a population of around 175,000 in the incorporated and unincorporated areas, and we are averaging something like 40 cases a day and dropping fast. The likelihood of being around an infected person is pretty low.

13 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

My work has re-instated a mask policy but only a few actually do, mainly the managers because they're managers. I don't wear one and don't intend to, I also don't take my temperature either that's required, not a thing has or will be said. Unvaxxed/unmasked since the beginning of this shit show, wore a mask when my family got covid and I myself got covid, masks don't do jack shit. I've also been around 5-6 people who a day or two later tested positive, and since I've already had covid I didn't catch shit it's amazing what immune systems can do!

agent m smile GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

South Jersey is something else. @BasemntDweller2and @Slug can chime in. 

Most people around me wear masks in public. I'd say probably at a very unscientific 80/20 split. Convenience stores seem to be the worst since people think, "I'm just running in real quick...". By and large though, most people are masked. But I'm in a Philly suburb. Most of South Jersey (actually most of New Jersey overall) is rural. The further away into the state you get from Philly or New York the worse adherence becomes. 

9 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

@Jason how come you leave NYC? I had an option to move here but picked TX because... reasons??

Because it was still pretty hard to get a job in NYC at the end of 2011/beginning of 2012.

10 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Findings: NYC is masked up except a few daredevils 

Same in LA, very good but inevitably someone being a douchebag walking around maskless in the supermarket or whatever. 

8 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Mid town is like only 30% masks 

Tourists.