Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 3 remake in development at an external Chinese studio, early in development

Brian

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

3 IS the GOAT other than Phantom Pain.

Fixed that for you :p

On a serious note it's the last Metal Gear I not only actually finsihed, but I'm pretty sure I replayed it at least once. I own Metal Gear 4, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain and didn't finsih any of them. Well I guess I did finish Ground Zeroes but that game isn't really that long.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Fixed that for you :p

On a serious note it's the last Metal Gear I not only actually finsihed, but I'm pretty sure I replayed it at least once. I own Metal Gear 4, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain and didn't finsih any of them. Well I guess I did finish Ground Zeroes but that game isn't really that long.

The main thing that bugs me about Snake Eater, especially compared to Phantom Pain (and even 4, for as badly as I think that game has aged), is that you spend a lot of mid-gameplay time in the menus. Changing camo, eating snakes, doing surgery, etc. It’s a bit of a drag. The Octocamo in 4 helped with this, and Phantom Pain is more or less pure gameplay once you’re in a mission which I really like.

But in terms of pre-Phantom Pain gameplay, it’s peak Metal Gear Solid for me.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I fully intend on giving Phantom Pain another shot to be honest. I just couldn't get into it at the time it came out for some reason.

It’s a weird game, I don’t blame anyone for bouncing off it. The gameplay is super good, but the progression and some of the loops needed to get into it are weird.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

And THAT'S what threw me off of it. Seemed really repetitive at some points and also felt like it was padded for length.

Yeah, it’s odd. There is absolutely repetition (some of the later missions are extreme versions of old ones) what needs to be done to advance the plot isn’t always obvious, there’s a lot of emptiness in the world between missions, etc. If you can clear that hurdle the stealthy bits and gadgets are so much fun to use, but that hurdle is pretty high.

11 hours ago, nublood said:

"The first of these titles will be a new Castlevania game, which sources described as a “reimagining” of the series currently in development internally at Konami in Japan, with support from local external studios."

EEEYAAAYUH BABY!

Yup, this is what intrigued me the most. Screw the MGS stuff...without Hideo Kojima, is it really even Metal Gear anymore? 

But Castlevania...more than one person can do that series justice. 

14 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yup, this is what intrigued me the most. Screw the MGS stuff...without Hideo Kojima, is it really even Metal Gear anymore? 

But Castlevania...more than one person can do that series justice. 

I mean, yes, a remake without Kojima is still definitely mgs.

I love Castlevania, but MGS is a much better series.

• Confused 1

I love Kojima but a metal gear game without him sounds fucking fantastic. Maybe it’ll actually be a finished product. Also, this point has been made on many a podcast, but hundreds of people make metal gear games. He stamps his name all over it but they’ll be just fine if they want to make one without him. 

30 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I love Kojima but a metal gear game without him sounds fucking fantastic. Maybe it’ll actually be a finished product. Also, this point has been made on many a podcast, but hundreds of people make metal gear games. He stamps his name all over it but they’ll be just fine if they want to make one without him. 

Kojima is Metal Gear