Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Will you wait to play it on ps5?

Yes. Might not even being able to get one by then who knows. 

Just now, Dodger said:

This definitely looks to be a return to form. Can't wait to spend 100 hours on it and still not get half the trophies. 

I hope it’s an old school GT like 1 or 2. 

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Are they bringing back the driving tests? Do we know anything about that? I haven't played a GT since GT3 A-Spec, but I've always been open to them. They just.. haven't really grabbed me since.

They've been in the game. I believe the last one I played was GT5 and they were in it, they just don't require you to do them.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:44 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

They've been in the game. I believe the last one I played was GT5 and they were in it, they just don't require you to do them.

GT Sport is on sale for ten bucks on the PS store right now. Is it worth it for the single player? I remember it was added later so I don't know if it was legit or just a tacked on feature. I don't have PS+

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-16-the-big-gran-turismo-7-interview

Gran-Turismo-7-PS5-Trailer-Screenshots-1
WWW.GTPLANET.NET

A week on from the big Gran Turismo 7 reveal and launch date announcement, GTPlanet got the chance to sit down with Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi for an extensive one-on-one interview on the latest title. Although there was plenty of information to dig through...

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Looks like an always-online connection will be a requirement, even for campaign. 

*waits for Sony outrage*

Wait Waiting GIF

I really hope PS+ isn't part of that requirement. It's the main reason I never played GT Sport. I just don't play my PS4 enough to justify Plus.

Spoiler: PS+ is necessary. Because of fucking course it is.

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People who don't have their consoles hooked up to the internet all the time are a very minor group of people.

I think it's more the longevity. I recently bought Gran Turismo 3 and like that single-player is always there. Don't think it should require any connection.

You're right that it is minor and we don't have 10 million people playing 20 year old games right now, lol. I still think any game with a single-player component should be playable decades from now.

34 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I think it's more the longevity. I recently bought Gran Turismo 3 and like that single-player is always there. Don't think it should require any connection.

You're right that it is minor and we don't have 10 million people playing 20 year old games right now, lol. I still think any game with a single-player component should be playable decades from now.

You can still play it decades from now, the arcade mode that is!

:troll:

• 4 weeks later...

Supposid march 4th / 2022 release huh...lol That's my Birthday and I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't have scored a ps5 yet so yay for you all, looks good though, but it should right? Graphics in these game and the bar they raise is stunning enough already, forza 4 horizon on a pc is incredible. I haven't had the luxery to have played an current gen console but I'm in if I ever see one on a shelf one day.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It will be on PS4 too. You won't miss out!

I can most easily wait. I will not be buying any of these games coming out for the old consoles. I have plenty to play, games like the new Ratchet and Clank, and Halo, etc, etc won't be played unless I can play them on there Best hardware possible. Saving for our LGC1 83" home theater TV anyways, and this is helping with that too. They ain't cheap. I was blown away when my Wife actually compared the 77" and said why don't we go bigger...lol HELL YEA BABE! Going from 77" to the 83" though is at least another 2k. We are very slowly getting to where we were pre fire. I'm very grateful for what we have accomplished after such losses. I'm finally going to have the Home theater I always dreamt of! Even though I'll have the dedicated Gaming room, I'll be hooking up a ps5 to the Livingroom TV for sure when able....

• Like 1