Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Looks decent. Forza spoiled me but that looks extremely realistic. I understand it's more of a simulation of real racing. 

@Biggie

I’d play Forza too if it were on PlayStation.  Not buying a console for one game. Extremely excited for GT though. It was the entire reason I wanted to get a PS5. Well that and Elden Ring. 

22 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’d play Forza too if it were on PlayStation.  Not buying a console for one game. Extremely excited for GT though. It was the entire reason I wanted to get a PS5. Well that and Elden Ring. 

Elden Ring is on last gen consoles too unfortunately. I know that sounds selfish lol. But yea, that's my most anticipated game in many years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 9:29 AM, best3444 said:

Will you wait to play it on ps5?

I know I will, really really hoping I have one by then. I haven't really done anything about trying to secure one though. March 4th is my birthday, crazy to think about a console that was released over a year ago that I want and still can not get. I miss the good o' days!

50 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I know I will, really really hoping I have one by then. I haven't really done anything about trying to secure one though. March 4th is my birthday, crazy to think about a console that was released over a year ago that I want and still can not get. I miss the good o' days!

Yea, I feel ya. Once an amazing exclusive comes out in a year or two I'll go fully in in trying to get a ps5. It's just not worth it right now and too much work in trying to obtain one.

MusicRally_02.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

New options for music, performance tinkering, and informational café missions add a lot of detail
gt7-1280-1643781780673.png?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Sony and series creator Kazunori Yamauchi have popped the hood on Gran Turismo 7 one last time before launch; here's what we've learned.

gt7thumb.jpg
WWW.GAMINGBIBLE.CO.UK

Is it time for the beloved franchise to drive off into the horizon, or is it back in pole position?

Gran-Turismo-7-castrol-supra-deep-forest
WWW.GTPLANET.NET

Gran Turismo 7 is just over a month from releasing on March 4, and Sony kicked off the game's marketing blitz today with a half-hour "State of Play" video dedicated to the title. Before the big show, we also had the chance to participate in a virtual media event and round-table interview with GT ser

dQsLErTFoxCpKhKtac7icC-1200-80.jpeg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Gran Turismo 7 is out next month – and here’s a garage-load of new info

Mission_01-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

We learned about new PS5 features, but questions remain about the PS4 version.

1280x720.jpg
WWW.PUSHSQUARE.COM

The posh coffee of sim racers - Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi doesn’t just love cars – he w...

GT7-PREVIEWWW.jpg
PRESS-START.COM.AU

Gran Turismo 7 Preview - The Most Wonderful (and Weirdest) Gran Turismo Yet?

gran_turismo_7.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

While the usual bells and whistles of Gran Turismo are still present here, the newer and more casual additions seem great for onboarding newcomers.

keyart_GTsophy_911RSR_H.jpg
AI.SONY

I’m thrilled to announce Sony AI's very first AI breakthrough - Gran Turismo Sophy which is featured on the cover of Nat...

Business_Gran%20Turismo-1344602439.jpg?m
WWW.WIRED.COM

The company built GT Sophy to master the game 'Gran Turismo,' but it may help the development of real self-driving cars.

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022) - "Unveiling Gran Turismo Sophy : An AI Breakthrough"
41586_2021_4357_Fig1_HTML.png
WWW.NATURE.COM

Using the game Gran Turismo, an agent was trained with a combination of deep reinforcement learning algorithms and specialized training scenarios, demonstrating success against championship-level human racers.

Abstract:

Many potential applications of artificial intelligence involve making real-time decisions in physical systems while interacting with humans. Automobile racing represents an extreme example of these conditions; drivers must execute complex tactical manoeuvres to pass or block opponents while operating their vehicles at their traction limits1. Racing simulations, such as the PlayStation game Gran Turismo, faithfully reproduce the non-linear control challenges of real race cars while also encapsulating the complex multi-agent interactions. Here we describe how we trained agents for Gran Turismo that can compete with the world’s best e-sports drivers. We combine state-of-the-art, model-free, deep reinforcement learning algorithms with mixed-scenario training to learn an integrated control policy that combines exceptional speed with impressive tactics. In addition, we construct a reward function that enables the agent to be competitive while adhering to racing’s important, but under-specified, sportsmanship rules. We demonstrate the capabilities of our agent, Gran Turismo Sophy, by winning a head-to-head competition against four of the world’s best Gran Turismo drivers. By describing how we trained championship-level racers, we demonstrate the possibilities and challenges of using these techniques to control complex dynamical systems in domains where agents must respect imprecisely defined human norms.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022) - "Unveiling Gran Turismo Sophy : An AI Breakthrough" (cover story of this month's "Nature" scientific journal)
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Pre-loaded and ready to go Friday

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

After a year of trolling, I can say I'm happy for you. :) 

Should be exciting as hell. I'm honestly impressed that Horizon/Elden Ring/GT7 came out one after another week after week.

• Like 1