Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

Okay, I have a legit question, because Sony.

Regardless of what I said above, if I wanted to have the PS4 version and PS5 version, I could get the 25th Anniversay edition for $90

OR....

I could buy the PS4 Launch edition for $60, then pay the additional $10 to upgrade to the PS5 version, and have both? For $20 less?

21 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Okay, I have a legit question, because Sony.

Regardless of what I said above, if I wanted to have the PS4 version and PS5 version, I could get the 25th Anniversay edition for $90

OR....

I could buy the PS4 Launch edition for $60, then pay the additional $10 to upgrade to the PS5 version, and have both? For $20 less?

25th Edition comes with extras

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

25th Edition comes with extras

I don't really care about the extras. I'm mainly just asking if paying for the PS4 version and then getting the upgrade later lets me have both. i.e. it doesn't invalidate the PS4 license. I wish I didn't have to ask a seemingly stupid question like this, but like I said... Sony.

EDIT: Okay, Sony's website says that the PS5 Standard Edition includes the PS4 version for the $70. The retail listing for Best Buy and Gamestop doesn't list the physical Launch Edition as having "dual entitlement."

So I guess if I get it digitally it comes with both, but if I get the physical copy, it doesn't? Is this going to be the thing for every cross-gen game on Playstation? This is so confusing, and this is coming from someone who's been in the scene for a long time.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I don't really care about the extras. I'm mainly just asking if paying for the PS4 version and then getting the upgrade later lets me have both. i.e. it doesn't invalidate the PS4 license. I wish I didn't have to ask a seemingly stupid question like this, but like I said... Sony.

EDIT: Okay, Sony's website says that the PS5 Standard Edition includes the PS4 version for the $70. The retail listing for Best Buy and Gamestop doesn't list the physical Launch Edition as having "dual entitlement."

So I guess if I get it digitally it comes with both, but if I get the physical copy, it doesn't? Is this going to be the thing for every cross-gen game on Playstation? This is so confusing, and this is coming from someone who's been in the scene for a long time.

Yes I agree Sony has done a shitty job with all this PS4 > PS5 upgrade crap. But I’m almost positive with Gran Turismo if you get the digital version you also get the PS5 version also. But who knows how long this will be until they change it. 

How fucking long does it take for this game to fucking download to the system. I left it on but went into rest mode after some time and also stopped the download. Still have just those 3 music tracks and I can only hear them music tracks (sorry Elba)so many times. I have tried stop and restart download and didn’t increase speed. Sony has a lot to learn from Microsoft and how to treat their customers and properly get these downloads working without this bullshit I’m stuck on. I still like the feel of the Xbox controller but FFFUUUCCCCKKKKK would I love for them to eventually add an updated haptic feedback version. 

22 hours ago, silentbob said:

How fucking long does it take for this game to fucking download to the system. I left it on but went into rest mode after some time and also stopped the download. Still have just those 3 music tracks and I can only hear them music tracks (sorry Elba)so many times. I have tried stop and restart download and didn’t increase speed. Sony has a lot to learn from Microsoft and how to treat their customers and properly get these downloads working without this bullshit I’m stuck on. I still like the feel of the Xbox controller but FFFUUUCCCCKKKKK would I love for them to eventually add an updated haptic feedback version. 

It didn't take very long for mine to download on PS4, but apparently there's no way to skip the 10-minute fucking intro video. Holy shit.

Played it for a little bit last night. It was fun doing the license tests again, and the idea of the coffee shop is interesting. Overall its pretty fun, but i do have some beefs with the PS4 version.

I've been playing my racing games on Xbox for a while, and I didnt realize how spoiled i've become by rumble triggers. In Forza they do a good job of letting you feel when your brakes start to lock up. There is ZERO feedback in the dualshock 4 controller and man is it fucking with my braking. I know with the PS5 this isnt an issue but i dont have one of those yet.

Also, not gonna lie, so far the game looks kinda assy on PS4. I can understand where the FM7 comparisons are coming from. I'm inclined to believe Forza 7 actually looks better, and that game is a few years old already.

That said, i am really enjoying the single player "story" progression and i do hope Turn 10 does something similar with their next game. The racing feels pretty good and i've always felt that tracks like Trial Mountain were more interesting than real life licensed tracks. I can't wait to dig in more (if i can manage to pull myself away from Elden Ring long enough).

50 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Played it for a little bit last night. It was fun doing the license tests again, and the idea of the coffee shop is interesting. Overall its pretty fun, but i do have some beefs with the PS4 version.

I've been playing my racing games on Xbox for a while, and I didnt realize how spoiled i've become by rumble triggers. In Forza they do a good job of letting you feel when your brakes start to lock up. There is ZERO feedback in the dualshock 4 controller and man is it fucking with my braking. I know with the PS5 this isnt an issue but i dont have one of those yet.

Also, not gonna lie, so far the game looks kinda assy on PS4. I can understand where the FM7 comparisons are coming from. I'm inclined to believe Forza 7 actually looks better, and that game is a few years old already.

That said, i am really enjoying the single player "story" progression and i do hope Turn 10 does something similar with their next game. The racing feels pretty good and i've always felt that tracks like Trial Mountain were more interesting than real life licensed tracks. I can't wait to dig in more (if i can manage to pull myself away from Elden Ring long enough).

Well I won't touch this game until I get a ps5 then. I'm not the biggest racing fan these days anyway.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Well I won't touch this game until I get a ps5 then. I'm not the biggest racing fan these days anyway.

I love my more arcade like FH5 racing type games and this is my first real attempt at a sim racer. I will say that everyone should try to hold off on the PS4 version just to enjoy the game properly with PS5 controller features. I will probably put some good starting time into the game today, unless something comes up. 

Ok I finally put in some gaming time(3hrs yesterday) for the game. I won my first 2 races after getting my B License. Some of those times they setup are hard and some were a breeze. I got all Bronze but close to making it all silver. Now as far as graphics go for the game. Sometimes this looks downright absolutely beautiful and then other times have the blandest look on other objects. See some transport trucks before joint a race and they just look like white rectangular boxes and that’s it. In all honesty, I think overall FH5 has a livelier/lived in look so far in my limited play. Where the game wins me over is because of the amazing feel you get racing with the PS5 controller. Again I hope Xbox has a redesigned haptic rumble feedback controller in the pipeline eventually, because it’s amazing and really adds to gameplay.

I just wish the game had more licensed band music like FH5 (that I know of) or I can somehow use Spotify/Amazon Prime music playlist instead to get my arteries really pumping. Maybe more game time will have 5he music grow on me, but for me it’s been so-so 

18 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Ok I finally put in some gaming time(3hrs yesterday) for the game. I won my first 2 races after getting my B License. Some of those times they setup are hard and some were a breeze. I got all Bronze but close to making it all silver. Now as far as graphics go for the game. Sometimes this looks downright absolutely beautiful and then other times have the blandest look on other objects. See some transport trucks before joint a race and they just look like white rectangular boxes and that’s it. In all honesty, I think overall FH5 has a livelier/lived in look so far in my limited play. Where the game wins me over is because of the amazing feel you get racing with the PS5 controller. Again I hope Xbox has a redesigned haptic rumble feedback controller in the pipeline eventually, because it’s amazing and really adds to gameplay.

I just wish the game had more licensed band music like FH5 (that I know of) or I can somehow use Spotify/Amazon Prime music playlist instead to get my arteries really pumping. Maybe more game time will have 5he music grow on me, but for me it’s been so-so 

I had to know if it was my imagination or not so I booted up Forza Motorsport 7 on my Series S (thus the base XBO version) and put it to the same section on the same track at the same time of day and literally looked at the two side by side on my two monitors and GT7 looked downright awful by comparison.

I'm 100% confident that the PS5 version looks much better, but surely they could've done a better job on base PS4 than this. I'm actually kinda bummed about it.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:39 PM, Biggie said:

Yes I agree Sony has done a shitty job with all this PS4 > PS5 upgrade crap. But I’m almost positive with Gran Turismo if you get the digital version you also get the PS5 version also. But who knows how long this will be until they change it. 

No, there is no free upgrade with the 60$ version. Sony was very clear about that.

I dunno. This game has been kind of a train wreck since it launched. Much, much lower quality than I expected from Polyphony. I think this is just putting a cap on what has been a pretty lackluster experience so far. I don't blame people for wanting a refund. I've been pretty disappointed by it so far. The only thing it does better than five year old Forza 7 is its story mode, and that's because FM7 doesn't have a story mode.

That's quite hilarious actually. Reminds me of the days playing GT4 with B-Spec running for those 24hr races. Big difference though is -Spec wasn't really for farming, but instead just getting through those long, and rather tedious races.

Still not a fan of this MTX business, let alone the always-online requirement (maybe for the latter, a patch will be issued to fix this, but I have doubts)

If you can’t play this on a PS5 along with the dualsense controller I would hold off on getting it. I can’t tell you how much the controller adds to the enjoyment of this game along with the PS5 graphics. Without it I feel it would be a very mediocre experience.  

• Thanks 1
  • True 1