Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It keeps saying I don't have the correct specs to race. I look everywhere to change that and can't find how to do it. I feel pathetic. 

You'll need to look at the requirements and either tune a car to meet them, or potentially buy a car that meets them.

14 minutes ago, legend said:

You'll need to look at the requirements and either tune a car to meet them, or potentially buy a car that meets them.

I tried to buy cars with the correct specs and it never works. I actually love playing this game but I guess I'm too stupid to advance. 

45 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I tried to buy cars with the correct specs and it never works. I actually love playing this game but I guess I'm too stupid to advance. 

Bruh it tells you. What type of car. Type of tires. Maximum performance points allowed. Max horsepower allowed. It’ll tell you if you have any of the vehicles that match up with requirements in your garage or you may have to purchase one from either the used cars or brand central new cars. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bruh it tells you. What type of car. Type of tires. Maximum performance points allowed. Max horsepower allowed. It’ll tell you if you have any of the vehicles that match up with requirements in your garage or you may have to purchase one from either the used cars or brand central new cars. 

I tried buying vehicles to fit the specs I need but it never works. I'm fuckin stupid.  😒 

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Fuck. The only way I know how to take a picture is with my phone but isn't there a better way?

Jesus lol. Ok obviously you aren’t going to post a picture of the game or your pizza from last night. So just use Google. Type in the name of the race and ask what’s the best car to use. 

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Biggie said:
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

7 new cars, introduction of Lake Louise snow courses, 50 new license tests, 4-player split screen races, custom events, and more.

Cant wait to check out the Lake louise course in vr! That is one of the places I visited this summer!

• Halal 1

• 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@stepee what exactly is 120hz output? Do I want this on using my OLED television? Also with Gran Turismo did you prioritize frame rate or ray tracing resolution?

120hz output is double the standard 60hz refresh rate we had on tvs until late last gen. It allows the fps to go above 60fps, or can be used to do a 40fps mode, or can be used to deliver 60fps in a 120hz container giving you much better input latency. It also usually is tied with a VRR mode and can be used with low frame compensation (if programmed so on ps5, xbox does it in hardware) which can essentially make even drops under 30fps not as bad. However they choose to use it, it’s almost always how you want to run the game if given the option.

I believe I recall that your tv supported it.

For GT7 you can do an unlocked vrr performance mode at 120hz to have it to beyond 60fps and I think it still holds a good res, so probably the way to go. Ray tracing only happens during replays so I’d stick with prioritize frame rate. 

• Thanks 1

Went back and played the new cars and the update last night.  I can say with certainty that GT is superior to Forza. In my opinion. Forza is fun don’t get me wrong but racing physics and graphics in Gran Turismo are on a whole other level as far as racers go. 

I need to go back and get Gold on my licenses. I really do try to get into GT7, but those "realistic racing physics" don't always translate to "fun." My eyes start drooping in the middle of a race.

I don't personally feel like technically, the graphics are better in GT7, but Turn10 really dropped the ball in the artistic direction in the new Forza. The graphics are great but the tracks are so fucking boring that it's really hard to get excited about the racing. GT7 tracks, to me, don't really look technically better, but they're way more interesting.

58 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I need to go back and get Gold on my licenses. I really do try to get into GT7, but those "realistic racing physics" don't always translate to "fun." My eyes start drooping in the middle of a race.

I don't personally feel like technically, the graphics are better in GT7, but Turn10 really dropped the ball in the artistic direction in the new Forza. The graphics are great but the tracks are so fucking boring that it's really hard to get excited about the racing. GT7 tracks, to me, don't really look technically better, but they're way more interesting.

I dunno. I’m playing on my OLED and in both 120hz and just normal resolution mode it looks realistic where as Forza looks good but doesn’t blow me away. 

• True 1

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

I dunno. I’m playing on my OLED and in both 120hz and just normal resolution mode it looks realistic where as Forza looks good but doesn’t blow me away. 

It’s not just you!

DF agrees. Alex said in a follow up video that he would have declared it less of a close call and given it easily to GT7 and he hates consoles!

Tldr is that Forza may have some newer tech but GT7 simply looks more realistic due to better design and attention to detail.

• Hype 1