Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

On 3/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, Biggie said:

If you can’t play this on a PS5 along with the dualsense controller I would hold off on getting it. I can’t tell you how much the controller adds to the enjoyment of this game along with the PS5 graphics. Without it I feel it would be a very mediocre experience.  

As someone who does not have a PS5 and has, in fact, been playing without a dualsense controller, I can verify this statement. The game is a very mediocre experience. Looks like shit too.

• Sad 3

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Am I the only one that doesn't give two shits about Scapes? I spammed through it just to get through that part of the Cafe Menu but haven't looked at it since.

Sometimes I just look at the pictures other people create and there are some cool ones. But I don’t make them. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Sometimes I just look at the pictures other people create and there are some cool ones. But I don’t make them. 

I would be way more into it if they were ultra-detailed environments that I could move the camera and car around in, but a car super-imposed in front of a photograph is sooooo 1996.

• True 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2023 at 8:50 AM, Biggie said:

Also love being able to sell the cars you don’t want. Getting credits for vehicles that you don’t want in your collection is great. 

Why didn’t you tell anyone about this game?!

Its so damn good.

What I love is how you keep getting new cars like every race it seems. This is especially great after my last racing game being NFS Unbound where I earned one car after about 15 hours. And now when I’m playing on deck and collecting cars it’s even more fun because I know that means I can drive those cars in vr.

Edit: I’m getting into the rpg like nature of leveling up and tuning to get those pp up too, which is a first for me in a racing game.

I came with inches of Ordering the PSVR2 last night with this game in mind. I had it in the cart with the mouse pointer hovering over he purchase button but I just couldn't do it! I have the launch version of GT7 and I really wanna try out VR but can't justify it for one game damnit! I've said it a few times but if Half Life Alex was on it I'd jump. Also it's not for sale at any retailers like amazon or best buy where a warranty would be cheap! Well BB is free 2 year for anything I buy there {Total Tech member} and Amazon has those cheap 4 year warranty's but they work. My son buys those through amazon for all his kids RC stuff and has had numerous  items replaced or refunded. It's crazy how cheap the warranties are for stoff that can break so damned easy. I'll hold out for a retail version of either store for now or untill HL:A is announced......

• Halal 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, HardAct said:

I came with inches of Ordering the PSVR2 last night with this game in mind. I had it in the cart with the mouse pointer hovering over he purchase button but I just couldn't do it! I have the launch version of GT7 and I really wanna try out VR but can't justify it for one game damnit! I've said it a few times but if Half Life Alex was on it I'd jump. Also it's not for sale at any retailers like amazon or best buy where a warranty would be cheap! Well BB is free 2 year for anything I buy there {Total Tech member} and Amazon has those cheap 4 year warranty's but they work. My son buys those through amazon for all his kids RC stuff and has had numerous  items replaced or refunded. It's crazy how cheap the warranties are for stoff that can break so damned easy. I'll hold out for a retail version of either store for now or untill HL:A is announced......

Just get a sweet car collection going in GT7 flat screen so you can ride them in VR when you get it :D 

Just now, best3444 said:

In your opinion, which is the better racing game? Horizon 5 or this?

It’s complicated. Flatscreen Horizon 5 is better game I think, it has so much packed into it. But I prefer GT7 myself this round because it’s gameplay loop going through the menu and collecting cars is resonating with me better. If you are allowed to count vr then it’s unfair but it’s not even close and GT7 is the winner.

• Thanks 1

Oh also I love the bits of history and how they pace it in this game. Horizon 5 does that too with some tour stuff but it doesn’t work for me how it’s presented there. I’m not a car person but I appreciate learning a few things here in nice quick bite sized pieces.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh also I love the bits of history and how they pace it in this game. Horizon 5 does that too with some tour stuff but it doesn’t work for me how it’s presented there. I’m not a car person but I appreciate learning a few things here in nice quick bite sized pieces.

Have you ever driven a vehicle?

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wait. I mean driving a vehicle in real life. 

Lol I know, that’s the closest I’ve done irl. Driving those little cars on the track in Disneyland, never an actual vehicle in a parking lot or anything.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, best3444 said:

In your opinion, which is the better racing game? Horizon 5 or this?

Forza Easily, GT7 is good but Forza is the best racing game ever I think and I have played them all. Both with wheels are amazing but I'll always play Forza

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HardAct said:

Forza Easily, GT7 is good but Forza is the best racing game ever I think and I have played them all. Both with wheels are amazing but I'll always play Forza

It's been a minute since I last played Horizon. I own both so it's all good. I just recently had a great time with Gt7 so I'm on it's balls. Don't mind me. 

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

@stepee

I was thinking a wheel could be cool but then I was looking at one at best buy and realized I couldn’t just set it in my lap, I’d need it mount it to something or preferably have one of those playchairs, and it’s just a little much at that point lol

The dualsense still feels good.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

10 hours ago, stepee said:

I was thinking a wheel could be cool but then I was looking at one at best buy and realized I couldn’t just set it in my lap, I’d need it mount it to something or preferably have one of those playchairs, and it’s just a little much at that point lol

The dualsense is great with this game! In fact I think GT7 uses the dualsense just about better than any PS5 game. 

• True 2

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The dualsense is great with this game! In fact I think GT7 uses the dualsense just about better than any PS5 game. 

Dual Sense has had some great uses, specifically Astro's Playroom, so that's quite the compliment. I take it the rumble capabilities are unique and make for a noticeably different experience than you'd get with the PS4 version and the Dual Shock 4?

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Dual Sense has had some great uses, specifically Astro's Playroom, so that's quite the compliment. I take it the rumble capabilities are unique and make for a noticeably different experience than you'd get with the PS4 version and the Dual Shock 4?

The triggers are great for accelerating and braking. It just feels perfect. 

18 hours ago, stepee said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AYMCRG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This what I use, In my old house I had the full racing seat set up it was delightful. But after the fire took everything I bought a newer version of logitech wheel and mounted it to this stand it a great compromise when space is limited. When done if olds up pretty well, I LOVE IT! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...