Do you think you'll die in the same society you were born in?

Fizzzzle

I know that's a nebulous question. You can take it however you want. Do you think that when you die, the United States will still be a thing? Do you think the UN will become a state? Will WW3 start over Taiwan? Will climate change render all of it moot?

I personally don't think WW3 will start over Taiwan. The CCP aren't that stupid. It's one thing to keep pushing their claims in the south China sea, it's another to push their claim on another sovereign nation that has a bunch of big Western beefy boys as a defense.

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

Part me of wants to move to Spain and that desire grows by the day, but I doubt I will go through with it until I retire. 

Same. My wife and daughter have EU passports so we plan on moving to Europe possibly when my daughter is ready for college if she plans on attending in Europe or after she graduates. My preference is either Italy or Spain. 

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Same. My wife and daughter have EU passports so we plan on moving to Europe possibly when my daughter is ready for college if she plans on attending in Europe or after she graduates. My preference is either Italy or Spain. 

EuroTrash

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

Part me of wants to move to Spain and that desire grows by the day, but I doubt I will go through with it until I retire. 

6 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I would like to thank the populations of England and Wales for rendering my UK passport absolutely useless.  I'm not even going to bother renewing it upon expiration.

• Guillotine 1

My brother and his mom are Italian citizens, that doesn't do shit for me, though. Every time I've lived with them, I did so illegally. Or when I lived with them in Ireland, I would just hop a flight to England every few weeks and get my passport stamped on the way back in

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'll live and die in WV which is a state that will never change. You'd think WV was an island state or something. 

Yeah even in Hunger Games it really didn't change much.

All of my family that lives in WV makes you go "yeah, that checks out" in your head

I turned 36 today, and I’m only planning to live until I’m 69 so I can have been married to my wife for 50 years. 2054 seems beyond reasonable to expect the US to still be around. But I also have a deal in place to acquire a hotel in Costa Rica in 2023, which I plan to gut and remodel and keep one of the suites for me and my family where we will probably spend 2-3 months a year at.

20 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Ahhhhh, somebody marrying a degenerate Yankees fan makes sense now. It was all for the green card!

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I turned 36 today, and I’m only planning to live until I’m 69 so I can have been married to my wife for 50 years. 2054 seems beyond reasonable to expect the US to still be around. But I also have a deal in place to acquire a hotel in Costa Rica in 2023, which I plan to gut and remodel and keep one of the suites for me and my family where we will probably spend 2-3 months a year at.

Ahhhhh, somebody marrying a degenerate Yankees fan makes sense now. It was all for the green card!

nice.

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah but 96 is 69 backwards. Think about it!

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Sadly that did happen when we announced the engagement to my family. If my mom gets enough wine in her, she will still let slip “you aren’t part of this family”-type comments even though we are approaching 10 years together (married for 7). Since her family is much nicer, make sense to move near them. 😂 

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Beard GIF by swerk

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Sadly that did happen when we announced the engagement to my family. If my mom gets enough wine in her, she will still let slip “you aren’t part of this family”-type comments even though we are approaching 10 years together (married for 7). Since her family is much nicer, make sense to move near them. 😂 

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Beard GIF by swerk

I am just happy my parents stopped bemoaning anchor babies once I married one

And thanks, boo 😘