A standoff between heavily armed "sovereign citizens" and police has shut down I-95 in MA, but there's a twist!

massachusetts-police-heavily-armed-02-ht
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Wakefield, Massachusetts, police said several heavily armed men claiming to be from a group that does not "recognize our laws" exited their cars and fled into the woods.

Are you ready for the twist?  Because here it comes!

image002.jpg
WWW.SPLCENTER.ORG

The Moorish sovereign citizen movement is a collection of independent organizations and lone individuals that emerged in the early 1990s as an offshoot of the antigovernment sovereign

Not our usual neo-fascist suspects, but individuals associated with these types of groups have been involved in violent incidents in the past.

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to A standoff between heavily armed "sovereign citizens" and police has shut down I-95 in MA, but there's a twist!
3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
massachusetts-police-heavily-armed-02-ht
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Wakefield, Massachusetts, police said several heavily armed men claiming to be from a group that does not "recognize our laws" exited their cars and fled into the woods.

Are you ready for the twist?  Because here it comes!

image002.jpg
WWW.SPLCENTER.ORG

The Moorish sovereign citizen movement is a collection of independent organizations and lone individuals that emerged in the early 1990s as an offshoot of the antigovernment sovereign

Not our usual neo-fascist suspects, but individuals associated with these types of groups have been involved in violent incidents in the past.

My friend's uncle is a member of this group... I just saw this story on CNN. Was wondering why they didn';t mention who the group was :lol:

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

We need more of these to get some gun control talk going.

A friend of mine was just saying that the other day. I saw a statistic that black people bought a TON of guns during the pandemic and I know guys who are starting black shooting clubs. So... "sensible" gun control regulation will be incoming. Purely on a "state by state" basis as to better keep guns out of the "wrong people's" hands :lol:

i worked on this story last night and according to the video that was live streamed during the event, one of the group memebers said that media reports about them are inaccurate. That they are not "anti-government", "anti-police", or that they consider themselves to be "sovereign citizens". I'm willing to bet that there's more to this story than we're getting. A lot of this is supsicious on both sides.

13 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

What they say 

They were talking about the FBI and the 1/6 conspiracy about them honeypotting the MAGA people in to storming the capitol and talked with the dude who wrote the book on the FBI entrapping Muslims on terrorist charges, Trevor Aaronson.  After talking about how Tucker Carlson was co opting what the FBI has done to other groups to the 1/6 groups, they also talked about other groups that were on the FBI's radar and the Moors were talked about as being seen as a radical group much like sovereign citizens.