Which very distant title will release first: Grand Theft Auto VI or The Elder Scrolls VI?

Which title will release first: Grand Theft Auto VI or The Elder Scrolls VI?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which will release first: Grand Theft Auto VI or The Elder Scrolls VI?

• The Elder Scrolls VI
    • Grand Theft Auto VI

I think it’ll be TES6. 

How about we make it interesting? 

Since you chimed in first, If GTA6 launches first, I’ll pick a rando who voted for it and buy it for them on the platform of their choice? If it’s TES6, you’ll do the same for someone that voted for it?

• Like 1

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

I think it’ll be TES6. 

Since you chimed in first, If GTA6 launches first, I’ll pick a rando who voted for it and buy it for them on the platform of their choice? If it’s TES6, you’ll do the same for someone that voted for it?

If we're both still alive when they finally launch, sure thing! :p

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Which very distant title will release first: Grand Theft Auto VI or The Elder Scrolls VI?
14 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I think it’ll be TES6. 

lol nobody will remember this by then

Microsoft wants TES6 to happen, it’ll happen. Rockstar doesn’t need to make a sequel to gta5 really.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If we're both still alive when they finally launch, sure thing! :p

Immediately where my mind took things for literally all of us responding to this thread. Aren't we a cynical, nihilistic bunch around here!? That said, mainly because I would rather play it ahead of the competition, I'll choose GTA 6 because why not!?

Voted GTA 6. While Rockstar takes fucking FOREVER to show anything about their new titles, once they do it's usually in your hands in a relatively decent timeframe. Bethesda has been known for having a game ready to go four months from announcement (like Fallout 4) or 700 years from announcement (Like TES VI so far) but they also have another game in the pipeline before then.

Apparently GTA6 is still four years away, but I guess this also might be true of Elder Scrolls. With the amount of talent and labor needed to realize current gen digital worlds and the scrutiny on crunch, the days of three-five year turnarounds for large-budget open world releases might be over.  Until tech makes things significantly easier (more advanced AI, procedural generation, improved photogrammetry scanning, etc) who knows how long it'll take games like these to be finished moving forward (and I'm ok with this).

If GTA really is 4 years off, I think it could easily beat ES6 to launch.

Starfield might launch next year, and I would put the gap between Starfield and ES6 at something close to 4 years. So I wouldn't be surprised if GTA6 arrives a year earlier than ES6.