Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: "Lies of P x Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Collaboration Trailer"

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1621447953
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

FIght against powerful foes and lie at every chance you get towards humanity. Lies of P will usher in a new age in the souls-like genre.

Play as Pinocchio, a puppet mechanoid, and fight through everything in your path to find this mystery person. But don't expect any help along the way and don't make the mistake of trusting anyone.

ss_89f2304d169905bcdae28ebd2ce47568d5b6d

ss_d2c0079c7bb9b503f7e8241a784659ed2bc18

ss_d435d8394be7faab7d6b4a6f200934a5e0fac

ss_533520dc5846c7739d55fa8e8bea4de59716a

ss_f4fc44d53468560a0153f42d26d4587fe4edf

• 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P - a "Souls-like" APRG inspired by Pinocchio (PC/PlayStation 5/XBox Series X|S) - Gameplay Teaser Trailer
  • 9 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P - a "Souls-like" APRG inspired by Pinocchio (PC/PS5/XBox Series) - Gameplay Reveal Trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P - a "Souls-like" APRG inspired by Pinocchio (PC/PlayStation consoles/XBox consoles/Game Pass) - Gameplay Reveal Trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P - a "Souls-like" APRG inspired by Pinocchio (PC/PlayStation consoles/XBox consoles/Game Pass) - 12 minutes of gameplay
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P - a "Souls-like" APRG inspired by Pinocchio (PC/PlayStation consoles/XBox consoles/Game Pass) - gameplay footage and "Weapon Mechanics Explained" videos posted
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P - a "Souls-like" APRG inspired by Pinocchio (PC/PlayStation consoles/XBox consoles/Game Pass) - "Gameplay Trailer"
1 hour ago, stepee said:

lol I almost made that joke too but also yes I am trying to wish this into existence

Stop wishing bud. It ain’t happening 

How will Lies of P approach difficulty? Will the game have difficulty options?

First, I want to talk about how we defined the essence of Soulslike. Soulslike is a genre that requires strong judgment from every player.

It is not only a simple action genre that requires good body acuity, quick hand movements, and overall quickness, but also a genre that makes players constantly think about the most practical and timely choice. These parts are the real essence of Soulslike. So we often say each player’s level continuously rises throughout the whole process.

Likewise, we have configured the same to require the player’s experience level. There are many options. From combining weapons and strengthening the left arm to how to level up, these choices determine each player’s combat tendency, and getting the right strategy should be a game’s difficulty setting. We followed these principles to express the critical points of Lies of P, and we have been trying to make each player think about how to accept a given task and plan a strategy.

The difficulty level will be adjusted to a similar level to those popular Soulsike titles. Metaphorically speaking, if you compare a game’s difficulty with a spicy food dish, sometimes that spiciness is thanks to the combination of really high quality ingredients, while other times it’s simply because the dish is filled with chemicals that are spicy themselves. When it comes to game design and difficulty level, we’re definitely aiming for the former.

In a word, Lies of P won’t be using the game difficulty option.

GAMINGBOLT.COM

Developer Neowiz speaks with GamingBolt about it's upcoming Pinocchio-inspire Soulslike action RPG.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

There’s three things we know to be true here on d1p

I want that game to have an easy mode, phasenox wants that game to feature a female protagonist, and best is starting that game over.

I have to start games over because my memory is absolute trash after the tragedy in 2017. My brain has developed a defense mechanism that makes it that I don't remember anything. Not only games but I forget so many different things at work it's awful. 

• 4 weeks later...