Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: "Lies of P x Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Collaboration Trailer"

Mildly annoyed: found a treasure map, but when I got to the location, nothing is there. I even watched a video of someone collecting it just to make 100% sure I was in the right spot (I was). It was back in the first stage of the game, but it’s not something I picked up my first time through the area, if that’s even possible. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Mildly annoyed: found a treasure map, but when I got to the location, nothing is there. I even watched a video of someone collecting it just to make 100% sure I was in the right spot (I was). It was back in the first stage of the game, but it’s not something I picked up my first time through the area, if that’s even possible. 

Guess the game Lies. 

See what I did there?

• Haha 1

Just finished the opera house level. Felt like a step up in difficulty; the normal enemies were noticeably tougher, and that was my favorite boss so far. Tough but really fun. 

It’s been 8 years since Bloodborne. A good game in that style is exciting. It’s not as good as Bloodborne, but few games are.

7 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Just finished the opera house level. Felt like a step up in difficulty; the normal enemies were noticeably tougher, and that was my favorite boss so far. Tough but really fun. 

It’s been 8 years since Bloodborne. A good game in that style is exciting. It’s not as good as Bloodborne, but few games are.

Did you drop Starfield all together?

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Did you drop Starfield all together?

Yeah, wasn’t having that much fun with it. Deleted it off my hard drive to make room for this. By the time I’m done with this the Cyberpunk DLC will be out, so I’ll be replaying that game. I’m also slowly making my way through Sea of Stars. No room for a game that felt like a chore.

11 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, wasn’t having that much fun with it. Deleted it off my hard drive to make room for this. By the time I’m done with this the Cyberpunk DLC will be out, so I’ll be replaying that game. I’m also slowly making my way through Sea of Stars. No room for a game that felt like a chore.

Yea, I can understand how you can feel Starfield can be boring. It moves really slow but I'm personally obsessed with it. I fired up Cyberpunk 2.0 today and already noticed the police force was in action. I will be replaying it after Starfield along with the dlc. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Same boat really. Starfield is a great game but there is SOOO much to manage and keep up with and remember etc etc. Its why I haven't tried BG3 yet. Afraid of all the micro management and overwhelming amount of content, I just wouldn't ever finish it 

1 hour ago, nublood said:

I’m having an unexpectedly pretty good time with this. Most everything seems pretty straightforward. But I have no idea how P Organ :thinking: works. I put points into an extended dodge and an extra consumable but have no idea how to activate them. 

Same. I didn't really care for the demo but dang if the full game didn't pull me in with a little bit of difficulty. Easily the best soulsborne like I've played.

And P Organ.. 🤔

Alllllllrighty

On 9/23/2023 at 6:06 PM, nublood said:

I put points into an extended dodge and an extra consumable but have no idea how to activate them. 

I was just talking to someone who didn't know you needed to put two quartz in a trait to unlock that trait. The traits automatically turn on when unlocked.

Yeah, the P Organ system is weird. You pick upgrades to slot into other upgrades to eventually unlock those second upgrades. It kinda feels like they tried really hard to come up with a unique skill tree just to say they did. It’s not bad, but doesn’t make a ton of sense. 

And as a side note, I think it’s hilarious that there are collectible gestures in a completely single player game. 

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, the P Organ system is weird. You pick upgrades to slot into other upgrades to eventually unlock those second upgrades. It kinda feels like they tried really hard to come up with a unique skill tree just to say they did. It’s not bad, but doesn’t make a ton of sense. 

And as a side note, I think it’s hilarious that there are collectible gestures in a completely single player game. 

So for the P Organ, am I right in thinking you need both slots to unlock whatever upgrade it is? 

Spoilers but patch notes

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Balance Changes Field Monster Balance Changes - Decreased the HP of certain field monsters - Increased the chance of breaking some monsters' stance and the frequency of stagger - Increased the staggerable window time Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies Adjusted the rewards for some monsters - Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items - Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments -...

Honestly hate a lot of the nerfs and I'm glad to have already beaten all the bosses.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: Patch 1.2 released
29 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Well that's just faaaantastic. What setup are you using? Main weapon etc 

STR/Motivity build.

I'm using the Holy Sword of the Ark in Glaive mode and mostly just spam heavy and charged heavy attacks. Glaive mode heavys are thrusts with insane reach and tracking and the charged attacks are pretty fast with wide horizontal and vertical spins. Sometimes I still bust out the Wrench head + Krat Baton Handle.

With my p-organ I got every health upgrade and focused on charged attack buffs and got 3 special grindstone upgrades. One increases the length of the buff (item quartz perk) and the other gives you two uses of the grindstone(level 4 p-organ trait). Honestly feels necessary to get those. Having 2 charges of "exploit elemental weakness" is awesome. Oh, and I got the quartz per that makes it so the special grindstone repairs your weapon.

I also used the Fulminus Legion Arm pretty much exclusively cuz it's very basic and procs Electric Blitz. On top of that, I used the strongest and heaviest defensive parts. My Amulets are, increased weight +1, faster stamina regeneration to counter slightly heavy, a defensive amulet, and a boss soul amulet that increases your damage every time you hit an enemy(stacks up to 4 times and fades in like 2-3 seconds if you don't hit something).

These are the stats I beat the game with

aZDXdyo.png

• Hugs 1