Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: "Lies of P x Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Collaboration Trailer"

15 hours ago, Bacon said:

STR/Motivity build.

I'm using the Holy Sword of the Ark in Glaive mode and mostly just spam heavy and charged heavy attacks. Glaive mode heavys are thrusts with insane reach and tracking and the charged attacks are pretty fast with wide horizontal and vertical spins. Sometimes I still bust out the Wrench head + Krat Baton Handle.

With my p-organ I got every health upgrade and focused on charged attack buffs and got 3 special grindstone upgrades. One increases the length of the buff (item quartz perk) and the other gives you two uses of the grindstone(level 4 p-organ trait). Honestly feels necessary to get those. Having 2 charges of "exploit elemental weakness" is awesome. Oh, and I got the quartz per that makes it so the special grindstone repairs your weapon.

I also used the Fulminus Legion Arm pretty much exclusively cuz it's very basic and procs Electric Blitz. On top of that, I used the strongest and heaviest defensive parts. My Amulets are, increased weight +1, faster stamina regeneration to counter slightly heavy, a defensive amulet, and a boss soul amulet that increases your damage every time you hit an enemy(stacks up to 4 times and fades in like 2-3 seconds if you don't hit something).

These are the stats I beat the game with

aZDXdyo.png

Thank you so much for that detailed response. Looks like I'm on track to have the same type of build. Not sure about glaive mode? Maybe I'm already using it but don't realize it because there's so much customization that it can be overwhelming. I haven't built any weapons though because lve been afraid I'll mess up a good weapon disassembling it. Hoping there's a good bit of quartz left in the game after the black rabbit bros

9 hours ago, eventide11 said:

Not sure about glaive mode?

It's just when you make the Holy Sword into long mode. It's a feature of that weapon (LB+Y with xbox controls).

I haven't built any weapons though because lve been afraid I'll mess up a good weapon disassembling it

You can't really mess up a good weapon. Except for boss weapons, all weapons a treated as two separate elements. The Blade/head and the Handle/hilt. Both upgrade independently of each other and upgrades don't reset ever on weapons. The whole point is just to mix and match until you find something you like. Many motivity builds end up using the Krat Baton handle because it is quick and can achieve an A rank in motivity scaling. There really is nothing to mess up. You are only limited in specific upgrade materials but that has nothing to do with weapon assembly.

Hoping there's a good bit of quartz left in the game after the black rabbit bros

There are like 28/29 quartz per play-thru. I ended up with 27 because I didn't buy the Frozen Feast Weapon with the boss soul. There is a side quest where you must show a merchant that weapon to get a quartz. I have no idea where the last quartz is and no guide points it out.

I just realized I’m dumb and didn’t see you could tab over on the p organ so I didn’t link my stuff and thus didn’t actually unlock anything. Started over and going for the one shot pipe wrench build. Almost at the point where I got it but so far just using the electric stick with the police baton handle and leveling strength is wrecking. I’ll get the pipe wrench tonight and the holy sword of bacon and see how I like that.

• Hype 1

16 hours ago, Dodger said:

Just got the opera house and even the normal enemies are total bullshit. Wonderful. I got a love hate relationship with this game. It’s chock full of frustrating bullshit yet I keep playing it.

Exact same. Some enemies are poorly designed, cheap, POS nonsense and you tack on input reading and it's just artificial difficulty for the sake of frustration. But yet, I keep coming back like Tina Turner. Maybe I'll level past it eventually but NG+ can eat a bag of ding dongs 

• Sicko Sherman 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

If you are talking about the girl puppets with the golden strings, they are made stronger by the spider lady puppets, or so I have been told.

If you kill the spider lady first the others in the area should be weaker.

Except those spider ladies can also fuck your shit right up if you aren’t careful, especially if the string puppets are rushing you. So again, fuck this game. Imma keep playing though.

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Lies of P may borrow from Dark Souls, but its console performance on PS5 and Series X/S surpasses the original - here's…

Based on our testing then, Lies of P is well worth checking out. All three current-gen machines offer a superb way to jump into the experience, with three modes that each justify their place in the options menu. Each has a purpose, a clear benefit and a sensible trade-off.

The only real technical hitch here is the uneven frame-pacing on the quality and high frame-rate modes, at 30fps and 40fps respectively. Given that there's a 60fps option on every console, even Series S, this isn't as big of a deal as it would have been otherwise. It's also impressive to see a game where Series S retains most visual features of the more powerful PS5 and Series X, including SSR.

It's a well balanced, well optimised game on every console, and a big multi-platform effort from developers Neowiz and Round8 Games, including last-gen releases we didn't cover here. Even if it follows a well-known template, sticking the landing to deliver a technically polished experience as well as Lies of P does is no small feat.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: Digital Foundry "PS5/Xbox Series Tech Review"

So yeah, the swamp monster was a total POS but I ended up getting REALLY lucky and beating the second phase by somehow blocking every attack it threw and staggering it multiple times. Probably the toughest fight so far. Excpected the Champion boss before it to be more challenging but I beat it in 3 tries. I'm probably over leveled at 70 with 644 health at level 26. Basically a Pinocchio tank

WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

It was either DLC or a sequel, and DLC will come out a lot sooner

Lies of P is getting DLC, which is exactly what I and a bunch of other players were hoping for after the Soulslike's post-credits teaser. 

Okami Games flagged the news on Twitter. Korean developer Neowiz has multiple job listings for Lies of P on its website, and several specifically call out DLC "planned for production."

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: job postings indicate that DLC is in development
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

It was either DLC or a sequel, and DLC will come out a lot sooner

It has been debated if it would be DLC or a LoP 2 so to speak. As long as P remains the MC I'm good. I wasn't too interested in a sequel with the other character.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: 1 million units sold (not including Game Pass)
On 9/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, Dodger said:

I just realized I’m dumb and didn’t see you could tab over on the p organ so I didn’t link my stuff and thus didn’t actually unlock anything. Started over and going for the one shot pipe wrench build. Almost at the point where I got it but so far just using the electric stick with the police baton handle and leveling strength is wrecking. I’ll get the pipe wrench tonight and the holy sword of bacon and see how I like that.

Whats this one shot pipe wrench build you speak of?

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

NP isn't even hard. Only took me three tries and that's because the first two attempts were with a weapon I had never used before.

well good for you. First phase isn’t hard. Second phase is literally a completely different fight. Anyway 800/1000 achievements popped, but I’m kinda burned out on it. But I want to get the full 1000/10000

14 minutes ago, Dodger said:

but I’m kinda burned out on it. But I want to get the full 1000/10000

As much as I like the game, NG+ feels like a slog even tho I am progressing with 10x the speed. I don't really care about NG+ as I only ever do NG+ to get achievements, but NG+ is not a winning feature here. Tho, I don't consider NG+ in the Souls games to be much if any better. NG with a new build is always more fun than NG+ with the same build, and you have to do NG+ to get all of the Achievements because of the records.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: "Director's Letter" discusses upcoming patch and DLC
  • 2 weeks later...

Patch and soundtrack dropped now

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Hello citizens of Krat, This is the Lies of P Team. We extend our heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming support you have shown us since our last Director's Letter. For the detailed information on today's update, please refer to the Patch Notes below. As mentioned in the Director's Letter video, the Lies of P soundtrack will be officially released on Steam on November 14th 9PM (PST), with digital music streaming...