Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (14 May 2024) - Russia launches new invasion from the north into Kharkiv, soon to launch second corridor into Sumy. Situation is dire

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Even more crazy when you remember one of the main narratives before the attack was how Russia was on a tight timetable because of the fast approaching Spring.

How many tanks in the mud did that delay cost them?

They weren't prepared for mud at all:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

They think French men are effete.

French guys are stereotyped as being romantics and romance is gay. There are so many real reasons to make fun of the French. No need to make some up. I jest, but only because I spent too much time working in Paris and the French sense of humor certainly calls for it.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

French guys are stereotyped as being romantics and romance is gay. There are so many real reasons to make fun of the French. No need to make some up. I jest, but only because I spent too much time working in Paris and the French sense of humor certainly calls for it.

What is the French sense of humor?

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

My aunt (uncle’s 2nd wife) is from Paris, France and she is dry in any real form of emotional reaction. Now they’ve been married for I think 25+ years now and is a little warmer speaking now but still very dry in tone.

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

What is the French sense of humor?

They're all a bunch of sarcastic fucks...At least everyone I met was. I didn't exactly meet everyone in the city. Also, it's been years and the last time I was in Paris, the World Cup was in town so that certainly didn't help. Granted, I'm sarcastic as all hell, so I fit in just fine. I can just imagine a guy like Ron DeSantis getting his panties in a bunch because he couldn't tell that some French guy he met was just goofing.

Just now, silentbob said:

My aunt (uncle’s 2nd wife) is from Paris, France and she is dry in any real form of emotional reaction. Now they’ve been married for I think 25+ years now and is a little warmer speaking now but still very dry in tone.

The dry sarcasm is what makes it off-putting to some folks. It's part of the reason why Paris doesn't exactly leave the best impression on a lot of tourists. Whenever I talk about the French I have this base instinct that makes me want to shit on them. That said, I really liked everyone I worked with. They were a blast. Also, I really do miss my French work hours and holidays.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The dry sarcasm is what makes it off-putting to some folks. It's part of the reason why Paris doesn't exactly leave the best impression on a lot of tourists. Whenever I talk about the French I have this base instinct that makes me want to shit on them. That said, I really liked everyone I worked with. They were a blast. Also, I really do miss my French work hours and holidays.

My understanding is other French people also don't like Parisians.

When I was in Paris everyone was so warm and kind and lovely to me, maybe I am too a sarcastic fuck. On the same trip I went to London for the first time, I never have to go anywhere in Britain again, yeesh. It's like a whole country of slack jawed Americans, at least here they have a few more genes floating around. 

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

My understanding is other French people also don't like Parisians.

The French just have better instincts than they give off the appearance of.

33 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

When I was in Paris everyone was so warm and kind and lovely to me, maybe I am too a sarcastic fuck. On the same trip I went to London for the first time, I never have to go anywhere in Britain again, yeesh. It's like a whole country of slack jawed Americans, at least here they have a few more genes floating around. 

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

I didn't spend much time, but Britain was a soggy rag to me. I'd make food joke, but a full breakfast is pretty legit. London, however, was a much nicer city than Paris. Like, if I didn't have to interact with people, I'd prefer London over Paris. If I had to interact with people, I'm jumping over to Greece.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

@Commissar SFLUFAN can i ban plz

Ha! The only one time I had a chance to visit Greece I had a blast. Everyone I interacted with was super fun. I swear everyone I worked with was willing to kick their kids out onto the street to give me a bed even when I was super happy with my hotel. It was only a couple of weeks, but I don't have any complaints about the people. Then again, I've spent half my life in Lowell, MA and we have Greek families falling out of trees here.

Also, if I'm choosing food, I'm going with Greek food over French or English cuisine. You all can fight me over that one, but I'm not budging.