RAGE 2 - Information Thread (Update: Terrormania Launch Trailer)

Commissar SFLUFAN

• 2 weeks later...

PC system requirements

Minimum

• A 64-bit processor and operating system is required 
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 
  • Memory: 8GB RAM 
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or AMD R9 280 3GB 
  • Storage: 50 GB available space 

Recommended

• A 64-bit processor and operating system is required 
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 
  • Memory: 8GB RAM 
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB or AMD Vega 56 8GB 
  • Storage: 50 GB available space 

It seems that Avalanche is the king of decent, thoroughly forgettable action game that you can fuck around with for 40 hours and while you won't feel like you wasted your time because you had some fun with it, it won't exactly be a memorable trans-formative gaming experience either. It's the "popcorn movie" of video games, keep your expectations low and you can have some fun with it, just don't go in expecting greatness. 

On 5/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, Dodger said:

It seems that Avalanche is the king of decent, thoroughly forgettable action game that you can fuck around with for 40 hours and while you won't feel like you wasted your time because you had some fun with it, it won't exactly be a memorable trans-formative gaming experience either. It's the "popcorn movie" of video games, keep your expectations low and you can have some fun with it, just don't go in expecting greatness. 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:53 PM, Dre801 said:

^That pretty much sums up Mad Max(which I just played a while back.)

I played Mad Max for 40 hours and I can't tell you a damned thing that happened in the game.  Hell, I'm pretty sure I forgot everything while the end credits were rolling.

6 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

It's a shame that this is bad, I was hoping for another great shooter.  We've gotten some really good FPS games as of late.  What are everybody's favorites from the last couple of years?  For me it's likely both Wolfenstein games and the Doom reboot.

It doesn't appear that RAGE 2 is "bad" at all though.  It's just a "wait for a sale" kind of game, not a "stay the hell away" kind of game.

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

If I was a developer at Avalanche, I'd start updating that resume because it's now been multiple titles that have failed to perform commercially from the studio.

A meh sequel to a meh game, people got excited due to a very nicely edited trailer. :p

11 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

If I was a developer at Avalanche, I'd start updating that resume because it's now been multiple titles that have failed to perform commercially from the studio.

Too bad they aren’t a candidate to be bought by MS. Their games are perfect for Games Pass. They aren’t bad by any stretch, I just don’t want to spend $60 on them. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...