Ok guys, I need a game to play starting today!

best3444

I recently put in 13 hours or so into Imortals Fenyx Rising and it didn't click with me. So I was a bit disappointed and moved on to Prey. It's on gamepass so I said to myself, what the hell, give it a shot. Well 5 hours into it and I'm lost, confused, and overwhelmed by it and that's not fun imo lol. So I'm giving up on that.

I've played a lot of games this gen but I know there has to be a few gems I haven't played. I need suggestions because I'm at a loss right now.

I was tempted to replay Ghost of Tsushima or even TLOU2 but I think I want to wait for the next gen updates to tackle them again. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks guys in advance. :peace:

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

DOOM Eternal

I forgot about this one. Very good recommendation. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Is it safe to infer that you enjoy action adventure games that have upgrade systems? If so, Days Gone was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. 

I love action adventure games and unfortunately beat Days Gone. I really enjoyed it. Thank you, though.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Monster Hunter Rise 

I gave Monster Hunter a few tries and I just didn't enjoy it. Thanks. 

51 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Have you played Carrion? It's on Gamepass, it's not too long and I thought it was pretty cool. You get to play as some blob creature thing.

I'll have to look that up. Never even heard of it.

I’d play something short and chill if I was in your shoes.  Maybe action heavy if you’re feeling it.  That way you can complete it and have fun the whole time.

Hades isn’t so hardcore with its upgrades that you get overwhelmed.  Everything kicks ass.  You can just pop in and have fun.

If you want something even less involved, give Android Assault Cactus a go.  It’s like if Sega made a dual stick shooter arcade game.  Solid 5 hours of straight up action.

Nintendo games would be a good option too.  I’ve been playing Captain Toad lately as a palette cleanser.  It’s very relaxed and just plain fun.  Mario Odyssey is a great option as well, if you haven’t tried it.

I think Edith Finch and Rime are good choices for short narrative games.  Give either one of those a shot if you haven’t.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

3D World + Bowsers Fury

:thinking:

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Hades isn’t so hardcore with its upgrades that you get overwhelmed.  Everything kicks ass.  You can just pop in and have fun.

Mario Odyssey is a great option as well, if you haven’t tried it.

I think Edith Finch and Rime are good choices for short narrative games.  Give either one of those a shot if you haven’t.

I'll look into Hades. I played/beat Mario Odyssey and loved it. I tried Rime and it was just ok to me. Didn't grab my attention. I'll have to look up Edith Finch as well. Thank you!

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Sunset Overdrive

Played it when it initially released and had fun with it. Good recommendation, though.

35 minutes ago, Joe said:

Have you played the Ori games? Those look like so much fun.

@stepee Told me to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps which I did and enjoyed it. I never finished it but at the moment I'm not feeling a Metroidvania type platformer.

So far I have Doom, Hades, Edith Finch, and 3D World + Bowsers Fury to look into. 

I really appreciate the responses guys.

Edit: Hades is out because I don't own a pc.

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

:thinking:

I'll look into Hades. I played/beat Mario Odyssey and loved it. I tried Rime and it was just ok to me. Didn't grab my attention. I'll have to look up Edith Finch as well. Thank you!

Played it when it initially released and had fun with it. Good recommendation, though.

@stepee Told me to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps which I did and enjoyed it. I never finished it but at the moment I'm not feeling a Metroidvania type platformer.

So far I have Doom, Hades, Edith Finch, and 3D World + Bowsers Fury to look into. 

I really appreciate the responses guys.

Edit: Hades is out because I don't own a pc.

Hades is on switch too! I’m playing it there now, it’s great. But it is a rougelite.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Hades is on switch too! I’m playing it there now, it’s great. But it is a rougelite.

I watched a video review and it looks cool but I don't think I'd enjoy it's over the head viewpoint. I'm not a fan of the art style I saw, either. 

After doing some research, I think I'm going to play Doom Eternal when I get home. From what I read, it's one of the best fps ever made. I think I'll dig this.

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I watched a video review and it looks cool but I don't think I'd enjoy it's over the head viewpoint. I'm not a fan of the art style I saw, either. 

After doing some research, I think I'm going to play Doom Eternal when I get home. From what I read, it's one of the best fps ever made. I think I'll dig this.

And it’s game pass so it’s an easy pick!

Well @Commissar SFLUFAN made an amazing recommendation with Doom Eternal! Played 3 straight hours and the time flew by. Amazing visuals, controls, smoooooth gameplay, and awesome upgrades. All of this happens so fluidly and with such a terrific pace. What a thrill ride so far. I couldn't be more pleased with a game right now. I can't wait to play more.

35 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

If you're looking at shooters on Game Pass, I would recommend Wolfenstein: The New Order.  I liked it more than Doom + Doom Eternal, and it's got a legitimately excellent story.

I played that and stopped for some reason. I completely forget why but that may be a game I will try later on again. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I’ve gotten back into Fallout 4 now that it’s fully updated. Much better experience than it was when it first came out.

I beat that twice. It doesn't get much love but I had a great time with it. I love Fallout 3 and 4.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Well @Commissar SFLUFAN made an amazing recommendation with Doom Eternal! Played 3 straight hours and the time flew by. Amazing visuals, controls, smoooooth gameplay, and awesome upgrades. All of this happens so fluidly and with such a terrific pace. What a thrill ride so far. I couldn't be more pleased with a game right now. I can't wait to play more.

I'd play it but demons are a turn off. Also no fan of first person view point.

Thanks wade but gonna have to pass on this rec :peace:

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd play it but demons are a turn off. Also no fan of first person view point.

Thanks wade but gonna have to pass on this rec :peace:

Yea. Not every game is for everybody obviously. I find FP view points in games to be cool because it's a more immersive experience imo. However, I love 3rd person games too and if they allow a fp view that's the cherry on top. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Monster Hunter Rise

star trek meeting GIF

I just don't feel the switch anymore. I'm looking to trade it in asap. I'm going to grab the updated version though. I still like Nintendo and look forward to BOTW2 and hopefully Metroid Prime 4. I'm glad you're enjoying the game. 

Also, I gave monster hunter world a significant amount of time and I really didn't enjoy the combat.

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just don't feel the switch anymore. I'm looking to trade it in asap. I'm going to grab the updated version though. I still like Nintendo and look forward to BOTW2 and hopefully Metroid Prime 4. I'm glad you're enjoying the game. 

Also, I gave monster hunter world a significant amount of time and I really didn't enjoy the combat.

Star Trek Reaction GIF

@BlueAngel I keep getting feeds of RDR2 on YouTube and it really has me wanting to go back and play again. I absolutely love that game and the world they created. I can understand your desire to keep playing now. :p

Just imagine what Rock* will be able to push out on these new consoles. I mean it's going to be truly amazing. I'm thinking GTA6 in 2023 at the earliest. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

@BlueAngel I keep getting feeds of RDR2 on YouTube and it really has me wanting to go back and play again. I absolutely love that game and the world they created. I can understand your desire to keep playing now. :p

Just imagine what Rock* will be able to push out on these new consoles. I mean it's going to be truly amazing. I'm thinking GTA6 in 2023 at the earliest. 

2028 with individually modeled squirrel testacles.

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

lol. I hope they just have one protagonist and not multiple characters like V had. I also hope they pick a unique setting this time as well. 

It's time for GTA to let us create our own characters. Saints Row did it years ago and still had full voice acting for multiple male/female options.