TMNT Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

crispy4000

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Wow, fighting Wingnut sucks. Even worse is that I went into that level blind with Splinter. He is not the best character for that level.

I haven't had problems with him. Chromedome is the hardest fight in the game for me. 

April is a lot of fun. She's mobile and fast. I love Donnies range. I like Leo too. Mikey is my least favorite so far. Today im trying Casey and Raph.

My son and nephew beat it with me on story mode, then my son and two of his friends joined me for arcade mode Gnarly difficulty. We made it to Chrome Dome before we got killed off. 

I think this is even better than Streets of Rage, and I absolutely love that game. Mr X's nightmare was incredible DLC. 

I hope we get DLC for this game. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I haven't had problems with him. Chromedome is the hardest fight in the game for me. 

April is a lot of fun. She's mobile and fast. I love Donnies range. I like Leo too. Mikey is my least favorite so far. Today im trying Casey and Raph.

My son and nephew beat it with me on story mode, then my son and two of his friends joined me for arcade mode Gnarly difficulty. We made it to Chrome Dome before we got killed off. 

I think this is even better than Streets of Rage, and I absolutely love that game. Mr X's nightmare was incredible DLC. 

I hope we get DLC for this game. 

I don't think I would have had problems with Wingnut with anyone else. I was playing alone and Splinter is just slow while Wingnut just flies around the screen.

That said, Splinter is one of my favourites along with Ralph and April. I'm glad I'm not the only person that really doesn't like Mikey.

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I don't think I would have had problems with Wingnut with anyone else. I was playing alone and Splinter is just slow while Wingnut just flies around the screen.

That said, Splinter is one of my favourites along with Ralph and April. I'm glad I'm not the only person that really doesn't like Mikey.

Mikeys special is useless, and his range is bad. 

Edit: I also just found out you don't have to wait for the oil drum to drop to weaken Chrome Dome, you just have to toss a foot soldier at the screen. The down-square throw, I believe.

3 hours ago, legend said:

My wife and I finished Story mode. Good stuff. I think this will be one we pick up and play at random times, which is exactly what I wanted. May also have to get some of my other friends to hop in for larger coop.

Its such a perfect coop game. You can play just a level or two in story, or you can just sit down for two hours with friends and beat the whole game for fun.

I think Streets of Rage 4 is a better designed game, but this is far, far more accessible and easy to play. 

When cowabunga collection comes out, people are gonna remember how unresponsive old games were 😆 

• Like 1

Great game.  Beat story mode with my kids and since they didn't watch the tutorial moves, they were wondering how I kept having my super.

The online coop on this game is so good.  I hope this starts a new trend.

I still think streets of rage 4 has more replayability and River City Girls one of the best modern beat ems but TMNT will gladly be part of the rotation for my family.

I have 5 characters at level 10. Just raph (lvl4) and Splinter (Ive been using him in arcade, but not in story so far). 

I absolutely love this game. Even finally nailed the 250 hit combo tonight for that absurd trophy. 

Also re-downloaded SoR4 and played through it with my son. I love beat em ups so much.

Are there any good Beat Em Ups besides this, SoR, and River City Girls that are more recent?

Ive been Eying Asterix and Oberix: Slap them All, but I don't know its quite the same.

Played a few episodes with some randoms online and had a fucking blast. Holy shit the chaos on screen when there was 6 of us all going at the same time. Think it was chapters 7-9, with the 9th level just with 2 other people. Hoping to get 3 of my buddies playing it Wednesday night. Oh and it’s amazing nostalgia wise when I’m playing high (Diesel Drift tonight)

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, silentbob said:

Played a few episodes with some randoms online and had a fucking blast. Holy shit the chaos on screen when there was 6 of us all going at the same time. Think it was chapters 7-9, with the 9th level just with 2 other people. Hoping to get 3 of my buddies playing it Wednesday night. Oh and it’s amazing nostalgia wise when I’m playing high (Diesel Drift tonight)

Yeah, more than four players gets insane on the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished played through story mode (single player). It was fun, probably a lot more fun with multiplayer. I only ran into one bug where the screen wouldn't advance, I think I hit an enemy too far out of the frame, not sure. I probably won't revisit it, but it was an enjoyable trip down memory lane.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...