How often do you replay your single-player games?

Spork3245

6 minutes ago, misfit410 said:

Most games I don't even finish,  but there are certain games I could go back to again and again forever.

Any Mario Game

most Zelda games

any Metroid Game

Skyrim

Diablo series

Witcher Series

Elder scroll games I have yet to finish.  The problem is I put so much time into the doing everything that I burn out and buy a new game.

8 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Elder scroll games I have yet to finish.  The problem is I put so much time into the doing everything that I burn out and buy a new game.

I'm the worst with them, I finished Skyrim, and I'm like I'm going to go try a whole new class.. pick up bow, put the exact same skills in the exact same places and end with one shotting dragons with my arrows..  going to do a mage this time I swear... nope.

Just this year, I revisited Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, Super Mario World and Super Punch-Out!!

I think I've revisited Bloodborne every year so far.

Almost every year for The Last of Us.

The thing with many single-player games is some of them have a world I just really want to return to. I loved traversing Horizon's world. I loved exploring God of War's world and watching that serpent from afar. I love exploring the abandoned city blocks and neighborhoods in Last of Us. And if it ends up being a lot of fun, I can see myself returning to Spider-Man New York. It's just a lot of fun to do.

Exceptions would be a game like The Last Guardian, which was my GOTY in 2016 despite some of its technical issues, but was such an emotional roller coaster that I have not yet replayed it.

I replay great games all the time... I replayed Dragon Age: Origins six times, beating the game with each race and origin, I replayed Dragon Age 2: three times, The Mass Effect Trilogy I've replayed with a character in each class, making different choices. I beat the Witcher 2 twice, Beat the Witcher 3 Twice, have marathoned the Halo games everytime a new one is about to drop... 

I like replaying games because sometimes games will "click" on the second playthrough as you get better at the game and the game shines even more. Sure there are a LOT of games to get through but I'm not in a rush to beat them. I like to savor games.

Almost all of my game time is games i've already beaten, the past few months i've played through New Vegas, then Fallout 4 (which i don't even really like much), and now i'm playing Borderlands 2.  I'm pretty selective of games that i buy and typically only buy a few a year, so i go back and replay a lot of them, hell the only game i've played from this year was Frost Punk and that was a gift, lol.

I'm going to echo what Skillz said.  Some worlds I just love coming back to.

Some of my most played games:

Knights of the Old Republic - This is the one that started off this trend.  I've probably played through this about 12 times.

Mass Effect Trilogy - This is the king of the hill.  With whatever flaws each game has, I still adore this series and I've replayed them like crazy.  Easily 20 times each for ME1 and ME2 and probably about 8-10 times for ME3.

The Last of Us - The story is just so fucking good.  Probably been through this about 4 times.

• Thanks 1

I was going to say I do it all the time, but thinking on it I really don't. I've got a handful of games I've replayed a ton, but most are one and done, or I say I'll replay it and never do. The games I have multiple playthroughs on are the God of war series, the last of us (five times now), my favourite final fantasy games (4, 6, 7, 10), tomb raider 2013 and the infamous series (gotta get both endings :lol:). 

Some games are just too long nowadays to replay them. I'd love to replay fallout 4 or the witcher 3 again, but I just don't have a spare 250 hours to do it all again. I could try to run through just the story missions on easy, but the best parts of those games for me is doing every single little thing. 

I don’t often replay games in their entirety. I revisit SOTN very few years but can’t think of many others. Some old Final Fantasies I imagine. 

Ive STARTED replaying a ton of games. My desire to persist quickly wanes however when the new “shiny thing” comes along. 

I have <half-way replays on countless games. 

With my more conscientious purchasing style im really putting heavy hours on my purchased games.. its helped my games last minimum of 6 months at a time.. 

my purchases in that time

-Arkham Knight. 3 complete files

-Division 2 files

-Breath of the Wild. 

-Ghost Recon 4 files (2) Tier 1 files at rank 15

-Fifa 18 career mode 4 seasons playing 90% of matches

- Forza Horizon 3 (all championships complete)

its led to more "limited" gaming, and admittedly i still pay max on these games as i have to get all the content with them as well..

Red Dead

Smash

FH 4 

can potentially last me through to next June