Mario Golf™: Super Rush [June 25, 2021]

Keyser_Soze

27 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Running to my ball is getting old fucking quick. Adventure mode? More like Boring mode

I was doing  9 rounds and I was on the final hole, didn't get to my ball in time (well I got to it and hit it) and it forfeited the hole, and I lost the whole thing and had to re-do the whole thing. :|

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was doing  9 rounds and I was on the final hole, didn't get to my ball in time (well I got to it and hit it) and it forfeited the hole, and I lost the whole thing and had to re-do the whole thing. :|

Sounds like a solid title. 

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Gotta go fast! (wait, wrong mascot)

This actually reminds me of losing a race in Mario Kart on the last round and having to restart. Nintendo games don’t pull any (cheap) punches!

I haven’t not been able to get to a ball in time yet. Was the ball just really far away or something? Or maybe you’re further along than I am and it gets harder to reach your ball in time.

After picking this up, I now know why it's not getting great reviews... barely any content, adventure mode is bad. The game has great mechanics, Mario Golf has pretty much always had those, but everything else feels lackluster. 

I leave next week for 3 weeks of netting herring, and ill take it with me then to see if its any better in local multiplayer, since its fun and simple, and easy to play in our down time. A couple of the crew picked it up as well, so hopefully its better in that mode. 

Its definitely not bad, it just feels content poor.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I leave next week for 3 weeks of netting herring, and ill take it with me then to see if its any better in local multiplayer, since its fun and simple, and easy to play in our down time.

I think it only has 2 player split screen maximum, which kind of makes speed golf impossible. Taking turns with 4 people takes forever.

42 minutes ago, stepee said:

Why can’t they just look at Golf Story and do that for adventure mode but 3D.

You call something an adventure and your expectations get raised. This is a glorified tutorial mode.  It’s soulless. And to make you hang with Chargin’ Chuck the whole time?

Oh Come On The Office GIF

• Haha 3

I said this to @Emblazon in discord but it's like when they made this game they decided to make a golf game for people who don't like golf.

And I don't mean in an accessible Everybody's Golf sort of way. Everybody's golf is like arcadey but it's basically a golf game but it appeals to everyone

Mario Golf is for people who despise the idea of actual golf. They toned down any golf mechanics and made it so the core objective of the game is just to get a ball in a hole. There's no time to read  your shot, read the green check the wind. Just hit it and quit it. Then they took it an extra step further with the battle golf thing, a 9 hole arena free for all. The objective is to get the ball in the hole and fuck everyone else over in the process. All together I suppose the game has a few unique ideas but they don't quite come together and certainly don't make for a satisfying golf game.

This is really disappointing to hear about. I keep trying Mario Golf games but I dunno... I guess golf games in general just don't do it for me. Everybody's Golf was the same way. But the speed mode seemed to add that extra bit of gameplay that I thought would really hook someone like me who wants more than just lining up shots and sparingly using a neat power. So I'm bummed. Hopefully it gets DLC that makes it worthy of the kind of game that everyone seems to really want.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

This is really disappointing to hear about. I keep trying Mario Golf games but I dunno... I guess golf games in general just don't do it for me. Everybody's Golf was the same way. But the speed mode seemed to add that extra bit of gameplay that I thought would really hook someone like me who wants more than just lining up shots and sparingly using a neat power.

You'd probably like it.

Online is super fun. You need to play this game with other players. Adventure mode is basically just a long tutorial. Sucks that you have to play as your Mii. Also when playing online just pick the settings that you enjoy. I usually pick no Mii’s and a basic golf game. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Online is super fun. You need to play this game with other players. Adventure mode is basically just a long tutorial. Sucks that you have to play as your Mii. Also when playing online just pick the settings that you enjoy. I usually pick no Mii’s and a basic golf game. 

lol you bought this after Keyser warned you? That's fun. I hope you enjoy it.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

lol you bought this after Keyser warned you? That's fun. I hope you enjoy it.

He was trashing on the game earlier but he's stating what I said originally is the multiplayer is the way to play the game. So if that was my warning he's followed my advice well.

48 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I honestly haven't followed the thread or read it. I just remember Biggie making fun of it but now he has it. It's no big deal.

You have multiple posts in each page of this thread! How are you this confusing of a poster?!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He was trashing on the game earlier but he's stating what I said originally is the multiplayer is the way to play the game. So if that was my warning he's followed my advice well.

Adventure mode is serviceable but multiplayer is where the actual fun is. 

They definitely went in an odd direction with this one. I 'Super Rushed' through the end of Fenyx: Immortals Rising (thank you to Best3444 for the recommendation) in order to get into this game. So I went from running around a beautiful, vibrant island to running around a bland, green and light green striped fairway. It's not even like I really hate running to my ball. It's just that it doesn't add anything fun for me. It's just something I need to do, in order to move on. Stamina and dash speed are not stats that I look forward to upgrading in a golf game. 

That being said, I could see it being a really fun aspect, while drinking some beers and playing with friends, but I drink whiskey and have no friends, so it's not super fun. Maybe in a few years, when my kids are older and stand half a chance to challenge their old man in Mario Golf, it could be a blast.

It's basic Mario Golf, though. I will have some fun with it. I'm sure the DLC will add some more variety. 

• Like 2