Mario Golf™: Super Rush [June 25, 2021]

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I am disappointed though that there is no like single player tournament mode, seems like a really weird omission. After you beat the 6 rounds it’s just the adventure mode that’s left for single player really. I hope that’s added into it during the free content rollouts. 

Ima need you to buy this for me so I can give an honest impression on how it sucks. 

Aces didn’t suck it was just a multiplayer game that had a weirdly long and poorly thought out single player mode.  Online multiplayer when it game out was good, challenging, and easy to find matches.  I really had a lot of fun working through online tournament brackets and it was short enough to not be a burden and long enough to feel like you had an actual go with someone.  

Yeah if you wanted Virtua Tennis with Mario it was a let down, but that’s never what these things are.  Mario Kart is always going to suck if you go in expecting Forza with a different look.

So I played some more adventure mode and it kind of reminded me of what I liked about the 3DS game

So last I left off in adventure mode you did the tutorial matches and then you have to qualify for a tournament, and then you play the tournament.

This reminded me of what I liked about the 3DS games, the special online tournaments. I went to the online section and there's nothing like this in the game. You can only search for rando games. Pretty lame.

In any case this adventure mode tournament, I do like the idea of it. It's played over two days (except 1 day is the front 9 and the 2nd day is the back 9) I finished -8, so pretty much dominated.

But here's the issue I have. The golf (at least in the first area) is all speed golf. I think I like the idea of speed golf but in practice not really a huge fan. Running to the ball is a distraction, you don't get to see where your ball lands, in fact you might run past your ball because you're just concentrating on running to the green (where you think your shot landed). In speed golf you don't get the joy of seeing your own shot go in. I hit a hole in one and never even got to see it go in the hole. :(

And like I said earlier, the whole game seems pretty easy because it's revolved around speed golf. So you don't really even need to line up your putts or shots much, just look at the flag and press the meter.

Which kind of brings up another gripe about the "control" stat - I guess this is how the ball deviates from the shot trajectory but it seems completely random. But at the same time, though the ball randomly doesn't go straight it still lands on the fairway.

After you win the tournament the second course opens up in a new area and they introduce a new mode called XC golf, which I haven't played yet.

The adventure mode not only has you running around on the golf course but you'll be running around the country clubs as well, which I dunno, I think the areas could stand to be smaller because there's a lot of nothing between your house and the golf course.

In any case I'll keep playing it but I can see how it might be disappointing to some at the moment.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I played some more adventure mode and it kind of reminded me of what I liked about the 3DS game

So last I left off in adventure mode you did the tutorial matches and then you have to qualify for a tournament, and then you play the tournament.

This reminded me of what I liked about the 3DS games, the special online tournaments. I went to the online section and there's nothing like this in the game. You can only search for rando games. Pretty lame.

In any case this adventure mode tournament, I do like the idea of it. It's played over two days (except 1 day is the front 9 and the 2nd day is the back 9) I finished -8, so pretty much dominated.

But here's the issue I have. The golf (at least in the first area) is all speed golf. I think I like the idea of speed golf but in practice not really a huge fan. Running to the ball is a distraction, you don't get to see where your ball lands, in fact you might run past your ball because you're just concentrating on running to the green (where you think your shot landed). In speed golf you don't get the joy of seeing your own shot go in. I hit a hole in one and never even got to see it go in the hole. :(

And like I said earlier, the whole game seems pretty easy because it's revolved around speed golf. So you don't really even need to line up your putts or shots much, just look at the flag and press the meter.

Which kind of brings up another gripe about the "control" stat - I guess this is how the ball deviates from the shot trajectory but it seems completely random. But at the same time, though the ball randomly doesn't go straight it still lands on the fairway.

After you win the tournament the second course opens up in a new area and they introduce a new mode called XC golf, which I haven't played yet.

The adventure mode not only has you running around on the golf course but you'll be running around the country clubs as well, which I dunno, I think the areas could stand to be smaller because there's a lot of nothing between your house and the golf course.

In any case I'll keep playing it but I can see how it might be disappointing to some at the moment.

So it sucks?

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 12:56 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I finished it at -11

52 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve realized my biggest issue with adventure mode so far is like I’m playing Mario Golf why the fuck is my character a stupid mii. I want to play as a Mario character.

I am happy when the other characters trash my Mii. I hate my Mii too