Mario Golf™: Super Rush [June 25, 2021]

Keyser_Soze

Yeah I had a lot of fun on the 3DS one solo, but tbf I played it with all its dlc at once I believe. If the dlc doubles the course size and adds a tournament mode the game could be redeemed still, it’s just so light in content.

33 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I had a lot of fun on the 3DS one solo, but tbf I played it with all its dlc at once I believe.

I played it day one and it was still 100 times more fun than this game. :p

DLC will not save this game. The current courses aren't great but more courses won't make the game fun. The game's mechanics are already rooted, more courses means more of the same lame stuff.

• Shocked 1

Well I beat the Adventure Mode tonight.

Good news for those wanting to play golf against someone other than Chargin' Chuck. That happens. Bad news, it's like 2 different courses and then the game ends.

As I said I wanted to get to the part where I saw Bosman playing because it was mildly interesting. I got there and yeah it's different but not really fun. I think it is a miracle if you can putt on Bowser's course. You cannot see the hole. But like most of this game, that doesn't matter as long as you stare at the meter.

16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I beat the Adventure Mode tonight.

Good news for those wanting to play golf against someone other than Chargin' Chuck. That happens. Bad news, it's like 2 different courses and then the game ends.

As I said I wanted to get to the part where I saw Bosman playing because it was mildly interesting. I got there and yeah it's different but not really fun. I think it is a miracle if you can putt on Bowser's course. You cannot see the hole. But like most of this game, that doesn't matter as long as you stare at the meter.

Never have I played a golf game with so much hand holding.  I really, really, really hope despite Clap Hanz making a golf game for Apple Arcade, they'll be working with Sony in the future as that studio seems to be the only business out there who seems to understand the mechanics of making a fantastic golf game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 11:42 AM, stepee said:

New Donk City looks rad though!

It's really not. (Note: I only played the first nine holes.) I thought it would be cool, but the first nine are easy par 3's with flat greens. I am pretty drunk and still ended up with a -7 or -8 for them, but I did get my first hole in one!

(This was just standard golf, through the main menu.)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

If they keep adding content to this game it will be decent if not it's pretty meh.  It would probably be fun with a group of friends but who has those these days? 

The ranked online matches makes a huge difference. At least for me it does.  

• 1 month later...

Couple of new characters and courses since the New Donk City update.  A desert course and a winter one. I played 6 holes of the desert. Seems pretty challenging. It's set during the sunset and they went ka-razy with the shadows, but it seems fun. Koopa was a new character, but I forgot the other. 

• Like 1