Mario Golf™: Super Rush [June 25, 2021]

Keyser_Soze

Tee off with family and friends in the biggest Mario Golf game yet

Hit the green with up to four players locally* or online** and golf with familiar Mushroom Kingdom characters. Modes range from Standard Golf to the energetic Speed Golf and an RPG-like golf adventure in story mode. Intuitive motion or button controls, a shot gauge that adapts to the curve of the course, and other new features make it easy for both new players and seasoned pros to drive and putt with power.

Swing simultaneously and make a break for the ball in Speed Golf

Tee off at the same time with up to three other players* and race through the course to get your ball in first. Outpace and interrupt your opponents with dashes and special shots. Mario, for example, can blow other players' balls away.

Rise through the ranks of golf training in story mode

Enroll your Mii™ character in golf training in a prestigious country club and go from rookie to pro! You’ll face off against your Mushroom Kingdom classmates and earn experience points. Level up to improve your character’s stats like power, movement, and spin. You can bring your character (and their customized stats) into other modes, too!

*Additional games, systems and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Games, systems and some accessories sold separately.
**Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Honestly this reminds me a lot of Mario Tennis. Which was disappointing to me and not worth $60. Ima pass for now. 

Remember how weirdly fucking hard the story mode was until they patched it later? It sucks that was so disappointing because it really turned me off and the core tennis game was a lot of fun.

I have higher hopes for this, but it does look at least to be somewhat of a disappointment, but it’s also Mario Golf and ima have funnnn. 

I've been considering giving it a go as I've been wanting a new arcade style golf game.  It's been a long time since I've picked up a Mario Golf title as I lost interest in the franchise due to having more enjoyment with the Hot Shots/Everybody's Golf titles.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So you won't have time for a new game until 5 years from now?

all depends on how you play. Disgaea games can take 50-60 hours or hundreds of hours. And since the demo of 6 dropped I actually went back and blasted through the first Disgaea in about 50 or so hours.and then jumped back into my last save from Disgaea 5...finally beating the game clocking in at 185 hours much of that was just spend screwing around getting Killia to around level 600 and a bunch of the others 300-450 range. So many great features in 5. The 6 demo has me worried a bit. Character movement is not smooth on the actual levels, feels like the game is stuttering when you move the cursor around, not a fan of the leveling system, forget that you don't level up whenever you actually hit the experience need while playing, you only get the experience after the level is finished, but more than that you level up a shit ton, going from level 13 to 45 or some crap like that. You already start insanely strong and so the weapons/armor you choose don't feel like they have any real tangible effect on the game. Of course you can only play the first two sections which are short only get a taste of the features. And the auto battle feature and repeat feature totally feels like a major cheat, but not in a good way the other games let you 'cheat' by adjusting the percentage of experience/mana and whatever you earned. It's Disgaea so I know I'll enjoy it, but just from the demo it feels like a step backwards or sorts and makes me think it may end up being my least favorite Disgaea...but any Disgaea is a good thing in my book and I'm keeping my fingers crossed the final game, when all the features are introduced with be excellent. 

22 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

all depends on how you play. Disgaea games can take 50-60 hours or hundreds of hours. And since the demo of 6 dropped I actually went back and blasted through the first Disgaea in about 50 or so hours.and then jumped back into my last save from Disgaea 5...finally beating the game clocking in at 185 hours much of that was just spend screwing around getting Killia to around level 600 and a bunch of the others 300-450 range. So many great features in 5. The 6 demo has me worried a bit. Character movement is not smooth on the actual levels, feels like the game is stuttering when you move the cursor around, not a fan of the leveling system, forget that you don't level up whenever you actually hit the experience need while playing, you only get the experience after the level is finished, but more than that you level up a shit ton, going from level 13 to 45 or some crap like that. You already start insanely strong and so the weapons/armor you choose don't feel like they have any real tangible effect on the game. Of course you can only play the first two sections which are short only get a taste of the features. And the auto battle feature and repeat feature totally feels like a major cheat, but not in a good way the other games let you 'cheat' by adjusting the percentage of experience/mana and whatever you earned. It's Disgaea so I know I'll enjoy it, but just from the demo it feels like a step backwards or sorts and makes me think it may end up being my least favorite Disgaea...but any Disgaea is a good thing in my book and I'm keeping my fingers crossed the final game, when all the features are introduced with be excellent. 

So 5 years, about as long as it took to read that book you wrote :epilepsy:

I played ( @best3444) this for a little under 45 minutes. I started with the golf adventure mode, which was probably a mistake. Most of that 45 minutes is just like a tutorial section you have to play.

Game seems super easy compared to the one on the 3DS. Like the shots and putting is very forgiving. Maybe it's because they want to game to go fast for multiplayer. (Watching some people play the multi, seems fun)

I played a bit last night. The regular golf does seem a bit easy. Granted that’s on the beginning course so I’m guessing the ones you unlock get a bit crazier. 

I did the rush mode against the CPU and that was super fun. I think this is the main mode I’ll play with my son. 

The battle mode I THINK will be fun as well but I skipped through the instructions and had no idea what was going on haha. By the end I had it figured out very chaotic and I think with humans will be fun. 

• Like 1

Just now, stepee said:

Does it seem okay besides the opening tutorial? Better than Aces at least?

Heh, well I'm still in the tutorial, it just does a tutorial for everything.

There is a story and you're like some new rookie on the scene and all this. When you finish your lessons you get to level up your character.

I don't know what Aces is. I've only played Mario Golf World Tour as my other Mario Golf game, and I don't remember how much of it went, but I did enjoy it.

Also, I play in handheld and I think I had this gripe for Fire Emblem but do these guys know that you should make the text at least double the size it already is? I mean it's better than the FE text but barely.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Heh, well I'm still in the tutorial, it just does a tutorial for everything.

There is a story and you're like some new rookie on the scene and all this. When you finish your lessons you get to level up your character.

I don't know what Aces is. I've only played Mario Golf World Tour as my other Mario Golf game, and I don't remember how much of it went, but I did enjoy it.

Also, I play in handheld and I think I had this gripe for Fire Emblem but do these guys know that you should make the text at least double the size it already is? I mean it's better than the FE text but barely.

Aces is Mario Tennis. That game sucked like this one does. 

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I played a little last night and it's simple, but fun. Looks pretty. Sometimes I just want something fun in short bursts.

Yeah, that’s why I didn’t care much about the reviews, I know I’ll be able to get my monies worth just having it ready there for some quick rounds whenever.

I am disappointed though that there is no like single player tournament mode, seems like a really weird omission. After you beat the 6 rounds it’s just the adventure mode that’s left for single player really. I hope that’s added into it during the free content rollouts. 

• Shocked 1

18 hours ago, Biggie said:

Breath of the Wild

I thought I remember you originally saying you didn't like that game? Anyway, it's phenomenal so enjoy the ride!

17 hours ago, stepee said:

I am disappointed though that there is no like single player tournament mode, seems like a really weird omission. After you beat the 6 rounds it’s just the adventure mode that’s left for single player really. I hope that’s added into it during the free content rollouts. 

That's good ole Nintendo for ya! That's a big omission imo.