The Cyberpunk Gameplay Discussion Thread

skillzdadirecta

1 hour ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Just a tip. Numerous times i find myself in the middle of a mission and the game starts to get glitchy, sometimes it will not even let me reload my guns. I found that if i save the game at that point and then load that save, it fixes all the problems and i don't lose any progress.

I just started havong an issue where only V's dialogue could be spoken. I quit the game for a bit... I'm seriously thinking about putting the game on hold until they get all the patches done and picking it back up later. I'm usually pretty forgiving of glitches and bugs.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I just started havong an issue where only V's dialogue could be spoken. I quit the game for a bit... I'm seriously thinking about putting the game on hold until they get all the patches done and picking it back up later. I'm usually pretty forgiving of glitches and bugs.

oh, that's no beuno. I'm currently having a blast just wondering around the city and killing maelstrom

Played through a big chunk of the Evelyn main mission. 

when I went over to Ji-Ji street, I accidentally triggered a sex scene with a male prostitute. I thought He was asking me to browse some options, but it was him. My wife and 9 yr old walked in while I was banging the dude in the ass and I couldn’t skip the scene. Had to turn off the Xbox for a minute. :lol:

And now I’m 

Spoiler

At the part now where I need to find the voodo boys and head to Pacifica 

the pacing of the main missions is really good and I’m really enjoying the story. Not sure now if I want to continue on here or go track down that dude (Hellerman, maybe?) at the afterlife. I think I want to see the Evelyn ark through to the end.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, atom631 said:

i got that upgrade to my cyberware to allow for smart guns, but i havent gotten any yet. 

ill have to look out for the clothing vendors. i seriously need an overhaul. i look ridiculous.

You haven’t gotten smart guns? How far are you? I had them before I finished the opening. Have you explored the lore and relationships at all? Because they are incredible. The quest lines for Judy, Palama, and Detective Rivers are amazing so far. As of now ive only finished Palamas. 

And then theres the gigs and one shot side quests which have so much personality and fill out the world so much.

there are absolutely clothing shops, and they all sell different stuff. Same as all other shops.

spawning cops and cowering citizens and horrible driver ai is bad, but it just doesn’t bother me that much. I suspect the second time I play this, it should be much better, and ill enjoy it then too. 

I get that those things really bother you, but this world is so rich, and the combat so fun, that I just don’t care. 

Sniping the heads off Maelstrom will never not be fun. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Played through a big chunk of the Evelyn main mission. 

when I went over to Ji-Ji street, I accidentally triggered a sex scene with a male prostitute. I thought He was asking me to browse some options, but it was him. My wife and 9 yr old walked in while I was banging the dude in the ass and I couldn’t skip the scene. Had to turn off the Xbox for a minute. :lol:

And now I’m 

Hide contents

At the part now where I need to find the voodo boys and head to Pacifica 

the pacing of the main missions is really good and I’m really enjoying the story. Not sure now if I want to continue on here or go track down that dude (Hellerman, maybe?) at the afterlife. I think I want to see the Evelyn ark through to the end.

Do side quests, they add to and tie in the story. Some are absolutely incredible. 

17 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

You haven’t gotten smart guns? How far are you? I had them before I finished the opening. Have you explored the lore and relationships at all? Because they are incredible. The quest lines for Judy, Palama, and Detective Rivers are amazing so far. As of now ive only finished Palamas. 

And then theres the gigs and one shot side quests which have so much personality and fill out the world so much.

there are absolutely clothing shops, and they all sell different stuff. Same as all other shops.

spawning cops and cowering citizens and horrible driver ai is bad, but it just doesn’t bother me that much. I suspect the second time I play this, it should be much better, and ill enjoy it then too. 

I get that those things really bother you, but this world is so rich, and the combat so fun, that I just don’t care. 

Sniping the heads off Maelstrom will never not be fun. 

There are also a number of side quests beyond the core relationship ones that are more than one-shots and are followed up on in multiple subsequent quests. One of them I thought was going to be a one shot has turned into a really interesting plot line. Without giving anything away, it regards the mayor.

They do a good job directing you towards the side content by having characters introduced in the main plot peel of into their own thing. I really enjoyed the Panam quest chain, and they really created a palpable sense of urgency for her quests after her immediate involvement in the main story was over. 

23 minutes ago, legend said:

There are also a number of side quests beyond the core relationship ones that are more than one-shots and are followed up on in multiple subsequent quests. One of them I thought was going to be a one shot has turned into a really interesting plot line. Without giving anything away, it regards the mayor.

Yeah, im actually in the middle of it now, as I type this. 

Spoiler

I just found the truck and am about to go meet them. 

The game is incredible. And me and Judy are <3

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

I think it could be better optimized, generally it's a good experience but it's just really buggy. Plus the no censorship aspect of the game is gone we were lied to, granted nudity is whatever but when it ruins the immersion I get kinda pissed, we get to customize our characters in decent detail but for nothing. During the scene in the shower we're wearing underwear, what's the point of customization then? They flat out said they basically lied, just feel like I was lied to. 

The game (on PC) isn't nearly as buggy as other games that I've played :p 

But that aside I'm not sure what you mean by censorship. Did you switch a setting or something? There is a ton of nudity in the game.

3 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

No, it was supposed to be everywhere instead of just the inventory screen, but they back-tracked to get a mature rating. Say one thing and do another, before the 1.03 patch it was fine then they disabled it. Granted mods bring it back but still I feel like I was led on just to sell a game. As I said it doesn't matter much to me but it was kinda advertised to have no such censorship. Idk it is what it is, let the pc master race do what they wouldn't. 

It... is everywhere? It's not just the inventory screen. I've had a number of sex scenes that absolutely have nudity (of you and your partner). One that ended hilariously with me being buck naked in front of a crowd of people.

I mean, I guess they don't show the pentation, but the game definitely has nudity.

4 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

No it does I'm not looking for penetration but if I look in the mirror naked all I see is my chest lol. Ruins the atmosphere of being free I guess. 

The mirror is only chest up? I'm honestly confused by saying there is censorship in the game. It probably has more nudity and explicit sex than any game I've played :lol: 

I think it could be better optimized, generally it's a good experience but it's just really buggy. Plus the no censorship aspect of the game is gone we were lied to, granted nudity is whatever but when it ruins the immersion I get kinda pissed, we get to customize our characters in decent detail but for nothing. During the scene in the shower we're wearing underwear, what's the point of customization then? They flat out said they basically lied, just feel like I was lied to. 

Yeah there's a ton of nudity on console. My V's... "Lil V" was flopping all over the place :lol:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah there's a ton of nudity on console. My V's... "Lil V" was flopping all over the place :lol:

Im a female V. Judy is now my “girlfriend”. She even gave me a key to her apartment. Her and i have had very explicit sex. Also, a lady from earlier in the game pounded me with a strap on at a cheap motel. Not sure what more he wants...

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

I'm about 35 hours in now and just having a great time! There are so many missions, and so much to do! As soon as you can , get leg implants because double jump changes your ability to circumnavigate the city and your approach to some combat situations. Also, Guerilla Arms are a great way to save on ammo when opponents aren't high level threats! For me the motorcycle is the superior method of vehicular travel as it can easily weave between vehicles and hang turns much better than cars.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Im a female V. Judy is now my “girlfriend”. She even gave me a key to her apartment. Her and i have had very explicit sex. Also, a lady from earlier in the game pounded me with a strap on at a cheap motel. Not sure what more he wants...

So you can have actual relationships beyond just random hookups?

gm-6b231992-3d1a-4212-a164-9060c8fd64cb-
WWW.ALTCHAR.COM

Have you spent a bunch of time customising your character's body and features in Cyberpunk 2077? It may have proven to be a waste as the game will censor V's nudity.

So you feel lied to about the nudity in the game because you specifically cannot have V walk around the city completely nude and devoid of any other context, even though there is probably more nudity in this game than almost any other game released (aside from literal sex games)?

I'm at the crossroads. I'm at a point in the game where there's no annoying waypoint, and I can play the game just exploring and shit and enjoy that.

1 = waiting for a solid patch before continuing the story

2= hopefully i can get a 3 series card for msrp and build a new pc ground up

3= i can knock out the story with a 1060 6gb with bugs and low fps

i want option 2 the most. If i could get any 3 series card for msrp i'd bite right now. I'm willing to wait, but doing the same shit over and over without leveling up is getting repetitive, but i'm still enjoying a lot for the time being. Any guesses on when 3 series GPUs will be somewhat available for msrp? I'm willing to wait a month, maybe 2

42 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

I'm at the crossroads. I'm at a point in the game where there's no annoying waypoint, and I can play the game just exploring and shit and enjoy that.

1 = waiting for a solid patch before continuing the story

2= hopefully i can get a 3 series card for msrp and build a new pc ground up

3= i can knock out the story with a 1060 6gb with bugs and low fps

i want option 2 the most. If i could get any 3 series card for msrp i'd bite right now. I'm willing to wait, but doing the same shit over and over without leveling up is getting repetitive, but i'm still enjoying a lot for the time being. Any guesses on when 3 series GPUs will be somewhat available for msrp? I'm willing to wait a month, maybe 2

My somewhat baseless speculation is you could probably get a 3xxx card within a couple of months if you are fairly active in using bots. If you're not I think it might still be hard.

7 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Thank you.

thank you, even though that is bummer situation. I try to keep my head up :tired:

There might be another option if you want a new PC anyway. The way I got mine is I knew I wanted a whole new PC anyway, so I just bought a prebuilt PC with one as soon as they were released. It was a far more relaxed channel to secure one because most people are trying to buy the individual cards.

I bought a Cyberpowerpc which is pretty good bang for the buck. And looking at their site now, I think you can in fact order one with a 3xxx card. If you're cool with that, try customizing this PC:

cs-429-142_220.png?v3
WWW.CYBERPOWERPC.COM

Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro <br/>Intel® Core™ Processor i7-10700K <br/>16GB DDR4/3000MHz RAM <br/>ASUS PRIME Z490-V ATX Motherboard <br/>1TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 NVME SSD + 4TB HDD Combo <br/>Windows 10 Home

Or one of the others. That's an intel one, whereas I built a 3900x AMD CPU based one. Point is though, it looks like they have cards in stock if you are willing to buy a whole PC.

EDIT: Here is an AMD base CPU you can customize:

cs-429-144_220.png
WWW.CYBERPOWERPC.COM

Gamer Ultra 3070 <br/>AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X Processor <br/>16GB DDR4/3000MHz RAM <br/>GIGABYTE X570 UD Motherboard <br/>1TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCIe SSD <br/>Windows 10 Home

Has anyone found a "Stash" randomly hidden around the map?  Doing some exploring I randomly found one, and ended up walking away with this for Free.  Had some other goodies in it as well.  Now I really want to explore more as I'm sure there are more hidden around the map with other special rewards.  This car sells for $157k in game.

20201216_163658.jpg

31 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Has anyone found a "Stash" randomly hidden around the map?  Doing some exploring I randomly found one, and ended up walking away with this for Free.  Had some other goodies in it as well.  Now I really want to explore more as I'm sure there are more hidden around the map with other special rewards.  This car sells for $157k in game.

20201216_163658.jpg

I'm really digging the motorcycles, but that looks sweet as hell.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm really digging the motorcycles, but that looks sweet as hell.

Yeah, I love the look of motorcycles, but damn did they make the dashboards and interiors of the cars look good. I've said before that the best thing in the Witcher 3 was the way the trees swayed in the wind, I think the best thing in Cyberpunk is the car interiors. 

• Like 1