Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Numerous polls have shown Bernie ranks at or near the bottom of preferred candidates for black voters. But by all means, keep marginalizing one of the Democrats' most important constituencies.

Fascinating to watch the left lean into identity politics, then wonder why Kamala Harris and Cory Booker are polling better than the old white guy.

The Bernie left hates "identity politics." It's part of why he polls so badly.

13 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Preference is not the same as 'excited', and to the extent that it is, Bernie isn't exactly running away with it (in fact he's getting trounced by the less progressive, almost-as-old white guy). Really grasping at straws, here.

8 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The Bernie left hates "identity politics." It's part of why he polls so badly.

The left =! the alt-left/Bernie bros. I know plenty of DSA card-carrying, Bernie-or-bust leftists that thrive off of identity politics.

31 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The left =! the alt-left/Bernie bros. I know plenty of DSA card-carrying, Bernie-or-bust leftists that thrive off of identity politics.

Well Bernie doesn't think those are either very many people or he thinks that they're inconsequential. I don't see a reason to think otherwise. 

I don’t have any idea who I am voting for yet, but the thought of conservatives having to live with a liberal, black, female president that dances to Cardi B makes me happy. 

She could be a huge key to the colored female vote as president or Vice President. 

18 minutes ago, johnny said:

I don’t have any idea who I am voting for yet, but the thought of conservatives having to live with a liberal, black, female president that dances to Cardi B makes me happy. 

She could be a huge key to the colored female vote as president or Vice President. 

Unless Michelle Obama decides to run as the GOP nominee, the Democrats could run just about anyone and get a overwhelming majority of black female vote.  I don't think the Democrats are in any danger of NOT locking in that demographic. 

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Unless Michelle Obama decides to run as the GOP nominee, the Democrats could run just about anyone and get a overwhelming majority of black female vote.  I don't think the Democrats are in any danger of NOT locking in that demographic. 

Obviously, I mean getting even more of them out to the polls. 

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It isn’t about whether comparatively the Dems do well with black voters, of course they will. The issue is whether or not a candidate draws out the black voters in the first place. Look at how Obama turned out the black vote.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It isn’t about whether comparatively the Dems do well with black voters, of course they will. The issue is whether or not a candidate draws out the black voters in the first place. Look at how Obama turned out the black vote.

Free Obamaphones will do that. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. That's the entire game. Any discussion of demographics needs to be in the context of those 3 states. If we can't secure 3 for 3, we lose. Running up the score in parts of the country that don't matter serves no purpose. 

So. Can Bernie secure those states?

5 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

So. Can Bernie secure those states?

Brown has the best chance out of everyone, Bernie and Biden likely could too. The issue with Biden is he's a Me Too time bomb, one allegation and he's done thanks to the "creepy Joe Biden" pictures every where. 

Kamala Harris presidential campaign attracts more donors in day one than Bernie Sanders’ first 24 hours in 2016

Ms Harris received the support from over 38,000 donors, topping the 35,000 people who pitched in to prop up Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders when he began is presidential bid in 2016 against Hillary Clinton — but still roughly matching his first day total of $1.5m.

South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, a millennial Navy veteran, announces that he is forming an exploratory committee to run for president.

An openly gay Democrat elected in one of the most conservative states in the U.S., Buttigieg served as a naval intelligence officer in Afghanistan. At 37 years old (he just had a birthday), he's the youngest candidate -- and the first millennial -- in a rapidly growing field that could see a few White House aspirants who are twice his age.

9 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. That's the entire game. Any discussion of demographics needs to be in the context of those 3 states. If we can't secure 3 for 3, we lose. Running up the score in parts of the country that don't matter serves no purpose. 

The Comey letter basically lost the election for Clinton. Whomever is picked just can't be under criminal investigation and we will be good. Clinton lost those states by a total of ~80k votes, and the house popular vote total last year (and senators up for election in those states) won heavily for the Dems, and Trump is not popular, and clearly isn't making a pivot to the center, even rhetorically.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The Comey letter basically lost the election for Clinton. Whomever is picked just can't be under criminal investigation and we will be good. Clinton lost those states by a total of ~80k votes, and the house popular vote total last year (and senators up for election in those states) won heavily for the Dems, and Trump is not popular, and clearly isn't making a pivot to the center, even rhetorically.

Cant wait for the next nominee to be subject to a sham investigation so that we just roll with the bullshit  rather than call it out. 

46 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"That won't happen again" is a terrible strategy.