Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Will be interesting to see if the joementum carries over to super tuesday. While Biden did great with black voters Sanders does extremely well with hispanics which in the last few weeks seems to be a very under reported on issue, while black voters are very important to democrats there are way more hispanics in the US than there are blacks.

Bernie's polling well in the New England states, Biden's polling well in the south. Texas is competitive, but if Bernie wins California, that'll net him a ton of votes/delegates.

Bloomberg is a bit of a wildcard, but I wonder if he's peaked for now. Maybe all that money can't withstand debates and news, at least with those who are paying attention (which you likely are if you're a primary voter).

Minnesota is competitive, and I wonder if Bernie will actually win over Klobuchar. Same with Massachusetts and Warren (competitive, but Bernie could actually win).

Not a fan of Buttigieg staying in the race just to try to limit Sanders, though I'd love it if it had the reverse effect.

All in all, I like Biden over Bloomberg, so at least he's the one doing better currently. What is a concern, though nothing I'm worrying about now, is if Bloomberg showed billionaires another way to potentially win in future primaries: get in early so you can qualify for early states and just avoid debates altogether. I say potentially because there was a lot of news and investigative reporting on Bloomberg and his company, so the news would come out regardless, and it's possible the candidates would have ripped and gone after Bloomberg anyway regardless of the debates, just leaving Bloomberg with no way to defend himself face-to-face. Dunno either way, but just something I've thought about in the past week.

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Bernie's polling well in the New England states, Biden's polling well in the south. Texas is competitive, but if Bernie wins California, that'll net him a ton of votes/delegates.

Bloomberg is a bit of a wildcard, but I wonder if he's peaked for now. Maybe all that money can't withstand debates and news, at least with those who are paying attention (which you likely are if you're a primary voter).

Minnesota is competitive, and I wonder if Bernie will actually win over Klobuchar. Same with Massachusetts and Warren (competitive, but Bernie could actually win).

Not a fan of Buttigieg staying in the race just to try to limit Sanders, though I'd love it if it had the reverse effect.

All in all, I like Biden over Bloomberg, so at least he's the one doing better currently. What is a concern, though nothing I'm worrying about now, is if Bloomberg showed billionaires another way to potentially win in future primaries: get in early so you can qualify for early states and just avoid debates altogether. I say potentially because there was a lot of news and investigative reporting on Bloomberg and his company, so the news would come out regardless, and it's possible the candidates would have ripped and gone after Bloomberg anyway regardless of the debates, just leaving Bloomberg with no way to defend himself face-to-face. Dunno either way, but just something I've thought about in the past week.

Luckily there is no such thing as a good billionaire so there is plenty of dirt to dig up on them

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Not that I want Biden, but the good news is that the talk will likely shift to this being a Sanders-Biden race, and Bloomberg will hopefully falter.

What is really interesting is the reporting that Biden hasn't even visited or spent much money in many of the super tuesday states.

He hasn't had the money to spend because the donor money was drying out since he didn't look so hot a couple weeks ago. Whatever happens, methinks the donor money will be coming in since more people are lining up to endorse him.

Also, looking at Twitter, it seems a lot of people were waiting for something to coalesce behind one person, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Biden do better on Super Tuesday and win plenty of states while people like Butti and Klob and I think probably even Warren fizzle. And maybe Gabbard will finally leave the race as well.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, looking at Twitter, it seems a lot of people were waiting for something to coalesce behind one person, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Biden do better on Super Tuesday and win plenty of states while people like Butti and Klob and I think probably even Warren fizzle. And maybe Gabbard will finally leave the race as well.

Tulllllsi

The hero we need

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Mayo Pete is fucking DONE.

Thank fucking god. 

The internal polling must have been absolutely terrible for him to not at least wait to see how Super Tuesday goes. Lame that he'll probably still get plenty of votes from still being on the ballot though, especially in places like California where mail-in has been going on for a while now.

13 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

CNN is reporting he redirected his plane to South Bend en-route to a campaign event... okay who called him? Pelosi or Obama. 

I'm going with either Biden offered him the running mate spot if he won, or Bloomberg put a pile of cash in his plane and told him to drop out. 

This is a negative for Sanders I would guess. Whether he ends up with a larger share of the Buttigieg defectors Tuesday or not, the potential for other candidates to get 15% certainly has gone up meaning Sanders ability to run up the score on Tuesday took a hit.

17 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I'm going with either Biden offered him the running mate spot if he won, or Bloomberg put a pile of cash in his plane and told him to drop out. 

The Mayoist really doesn't bring anything to the table as a VP, certainly nothing that Biden doesn't already  have ("moderate" white voters, for example). 

The best center lane candidate is out. I think there was an argument to be made that staying in would actually hurt Sander's chances more than help them, but I guess the case for dropping was more compelling.

My guess is Biden offered him some type of cabinet position. Biden's VP slot would go to someone that will energize the base a bit.