Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sooooo, I guess no one has any examples of when being shitty to a shitty person got that person to not be shitty?

To be clear, I have no sympathy for Trump, I’m just challenging the silly idea this tactic actually works. Of course, if anyone were to provide evidence, I’d take that into account. 

A Christmas Story, Back to the Future

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sooooo, I guess no one has any examples of when being shitty to a shitty person got that person to not be shitty?

To be clear, I have no sympathy for Trump, I’m just challenging the silly idea this tactic actually works. Of course, if anyone were to provide evidence, I’d take that into account. 

Louis XVI of France

19 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

World War II. Everyone was shitty all around there.

But the shitty people sent the troops and got the shittiest of all to kill himself.

He was less shitty after that.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

World War II. Everyone was shitty all around there.

But the shitty people sent the troops and got the shittiest of all to kill himself.

He was less shitty after that.

Not quite the same thing here, but okay. 

Gods, sometimes it’s impossible to have a real dialogue here. 

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Mocking Trump for, motor control issues, incontinence, and other physical ailments, be they rumored or otherwise, is a shitty thing to do for the same reason it's shitty to go after Lindsay Graham for being a confirmed bachelor.

Shitty but seemingly necessary if it is working to bring him down politically. The bigger picture is getting him out in one term to permanently hurt his brand of conservatism.  

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It’s working if it rattles him and makes him look silly and pathetic politically. Trump will never stop being shitty. The goal is to make sure he loses the election. 

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The Mooch

He went from being a major league asshole to being someone who actually is alright. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Not quite the same thing here, but okay. 

Gods, sometimes it’s impossible to have a real dialogue here. 

I honestly don’t have a serious answer for you.

Am I being shitty by mocking Trump for all these things? Sure! But I talked with my grandpa, a Jewish man who would give a Nazi the coat off his back if that Nazi was freezing to death in the street (okay, he’d kick him in the head first), and even HE is relishing in all this mockery.

To be fair to him though, his company was screwed by Trump back in the late 2000s.

I honestly don’t have a serious answer for you.

Am I being shitty by mocking Trump for all these things? Sure! But I talked with my grandpa, a Jewish man who would give a Nazi the coat off his back if that Nazi was freezing to death in the street (okay, he’d kick him in the head first), and even HE is relishing in all this mockery.

To be fair to him though, his company was screwed by Trump back in the late 2000s.

Maybe this explains where I'm coming from a bit better.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Maybe it's just my field, but I do have a modicum of discomfort about mocking people for health issues or disabilities.

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Maybe it's just my field, but I do have a modicum of discomfort about mocking people for health issues or disabilities.

Doing this to normal people, even trumpy ones I wouldn't be ok with. White supremacist/master race types yes though.

You want to be part of polite society? Act like it. I'm not drawing first blood here, they've earned it

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Doing this to normal people, even trumpy ones I wouldn't be ok with. White supremacist/master race types yes though.

You want to be part of polite society? Act like it. I'm not drawing first blood here, they've earned it

I do see your point. And I'm still human, so it's hard for me to always maintain decorum around garbage humans.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Maybe this explains where I'm coming from a bit better.

I was going to follow up to that.

Honestly, it’s just giving Trump and his supporters a taste of their own medicine. During the 2016 campaign, Hillary was dying of every disease known to man after she collapsed at the 9/11 event. Joe Biden makes gaffes because of his stutter and now my entire social media feed is filled with Joe Biden has dementia memes: 

“I’m Joe Biden and I forget this message.”

”I’m endorsing you Joe. Endorsing me for what Barack?”

It’s fighting fire with fire.

Just now, MarSolo said:

I was going to follow up to that.

Honestly, it’s just giving Trump and his supporters a taste of their own medicine. During the 2016 campaign, Hillary was dying of every disease known to man after she collapsed at the 9/11 event. Joe Biden makes gaffes because of his stutter and now my entire social media feed is filled with Joe Biden has dementia memes: 

“I’m Joe Biden and I forget this message.”

”I’m endorsing you Joe. Endorsing me for what Barack?”

It’s fighting fire with fire.

Oh, trust me, I understand where it comes from. See my post just above.

But I appreciate actual engagement. :)

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, trust me, I understand where it comes from. See my post just above.

But I appreciate actual engagement. :)

Likewise! You’re a nurse (if I’m not mistaken), so you’ve got my upmost respect for the shit you deal with on a daily basis.

• Thanks 1

Likewise! You’re a nurse (if I’m not mistaken), so you’ve got my upmost respect for the shit you deal with on a daily basis.

My last three days, I was desperate for a break from humanity. It's been nice, retreating to the safety of my home, with books and video games and a spouse who isn't insane. :p