CDC to Governors: Expect vaccine by Nov 1

https://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/coronavirus/article245406245.html?__twitter_impression=true

Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sent a letter last week to the nation’s governors with an urgent request. The Trump administration wanted them to do everything in their power to eliminate hurdles for vaccine distribution sites to be fully operational by Nov. 1.

The Aug. 27 letter, obtained by McClatchy, asked governors to fast-track permits and licenses for new distribution sites. “The normal time required to obtain these permits presents a significant barrier to the success of this urgent public health program,” Redfield wrote.

“CDC urgently requests your assistance in expediting applications for these distribution facilities,” he continued, “and, if necessary, asks that you consider waiving requirements that would prevent these facilities from becoming fully operational by November 1, 2020.”

“The requirements you may be asked to waive in order to expedite vaccine distribution will not compromise the safety or integrity of the products being distributed,” he added.

Not political at all, and totally safe I am sure. This is fucking disgusting.

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I don't doubt there will be a vaccine announcement anyway. Anything to boost dear leaders poll numbers and chance of reelection

OR, we will see a photo op where Trump is given a giant needle to hold. Think 3 feet long. And he will make some comment about how it holds enough to save everyone, or some shit.

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'm expecting trump to be at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the hollow shell of the one (1) building that gets erected in time for this date, and the NY times eating it up, framing it as a win for Trump

What building?

37 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I want to see Trump and his family be the first to take the vaccine, live on national TV.

You know, just to prove how safe it is.

Or if it was safe, I would have a really hard time believing that it actually could prevent you from contracting any strain of the virus. 

Doesn't matter what reality actually is, if he can bend even one small iota of this in his favor, all his zealots will believe him to be the rightful savior. With that they'll quickly forget their anti-vax, Covid-is-a-hoax and all other stances and gladly inject the vaccine straight into their faces while praying. 

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I want to see Trump and his family be the first to take the vaccine, live on national TV.

Yes.  And after they are vaccinated, prove that it works by removing all testing and temperature monitoring from the White House.  

8 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

. . . . and people will wonder no more on a) how the zombie apocalypse started and b) why they crave brains, as they had non when they turned