The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

pnylol.jpg

OLO

It keeps going up under different sellers, its at $4500 right now as if someone will really be duped into it. Similarly there's a Zotac up at $1649 that's obviously not getting any bites either.

Honestly, because there's so many different models ranging from $700-900 MSRP, I could certainly be duped into paying $900 on a $700 card just because I might not know what the expected price is.

Sorry guys,

Your all very excited as you should be, but DAMN! I have just no patience for this crap. I would've pre-ordered a PS5 if I could've but these cards, I'm just gonna wait now that 3080's with 20Gigs V-ram have been all but confirmed {?}, it's much easier. I'll try here and there and if at all possible I'll gladely just sell the pre-order free of charge. I feel I need to help all us here on these boards that just want a badass GPU and aren't trying to make money off them. I'll try with you guys to counter the scalpers!! With a 3080 with a possible 20G ram and/or a possible 3080Ti still coming, I want one of those. I'm sure they'd fall in between the 3080 and the 3090's in price so, i'm more relaxed now...

6 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

It keeps going up under different sellers, its at $4500 right now as if someone will really be duped into it. Similarly there's a Zotac up at $1649 that's obviously not getting any bites either.

Honestly, because there's so many different models ranging from $700-900 MSRP, I could certainly be duped into paying $900 on a $700 card just because I might not know what the expected price is.

You should be able to go by the GPU clockspeed to know if you're paying the correct price on the $700-900 models. The higher the pre-OC, the higher the price. I think the FTW Ultra is $810 and has a 100mhz OC, should net a ~4% increase at 4k. The main draw is that they seem to have a high voltage limit without needing to F with the BIOS, so they should OC better regardless, making the extra $50-100 for the "premium" models actually worth it for once (unless you don't OC), as the "basic" models are reportedly being undervolted.

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

You should be able to go by the GPU clockspeed to know if you're paying the correct price on the $700-900 models. The higher the pre-OC, the higher the price. I think the FTW Ultra is $810 and has a 100mhz OC, should net a ~4% increase at 4k. The main draw is that they seem to have a high voltage limit without needing to F with the BIOS, so they should OC better regardless, making the extra $50-100 for the "premium" models actually worth it for once (unless you don't OC), as the "basic" models are reportedly being undervolted.

Beggers can't be choosers. I'll buy what's in-stock at a reputable dealer.

edit - That PNY listing is down to $3999, he'll figure things out eventually.

38 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Beggers can't be choosers. I'll buy what's in-stock at a reputable dealer.

edit - That PNY listing is down to $3999, he'll figure things out eventually.

I really don't think it's going to be that hard to get by mid-October. Unless you're hard-up for a card right this moment, don't be a beggar, get what you want for the correct MSRP. Having set times for when stock would be up is what allowed the bots to get them all. It's why EVGA keeps giving vague answers as to when their stock will go live.

The twitter bot makes it a lot less nerve racking at least. Me checking randomly won’t be any more efficient than that bot is so I can just wait for those to pop up and click on them. Then when the site crashes THEN I can spend the next few hours f5’ing in an anxious panic.

Update on my 3090.... Let's see if it ships on Thursday. 

ASUS Tuf RTX3090 GMNG 24G Buff GPU @ 1650.75 each
- 1 item backordered.
- shipping date not yet determined.

Your order is awaiting one or more items from a regional warehouse or manufacturer. It will be consolidated at our main Ohio warehouse, then shipped directly to you

best buy, evga, and amazon (msi one) all went up for the 3080. sold out on best buy before i could hit the purchase button, evga crashed (it’s still crashed) when i hit add to cart, and got the MSi one! Oct 9th but i can still try to get it earlier but at least i have this as worst case.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

best buy, evga, and amazon (msi one) all went up for the 3080. sold out on best buy before i could hit the purchase button, evga crashed (it’s still crashed) when i hit add to cart, and got the MSi one! Oct 9th but i can still try to get it earlier but at least i have this as worst case.

So uh any chance you could let me in on these restock secrets?

I waited in line at micro center on release day, (3am-10am) was literally the first person who didn't get one, everyone in front of me got one. 

I setup in stock alerts but so far nada.

5 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

So uh any chance you could let me in on these restock secrets?

I waited in line at micro center on release day, (3am-10am) was literally the first person who didn't get one, everyone in front of me got one. 

I setup in stock alerts but so far nada.

I just followed the twitter bot posted earlier and set up an alert on my phone on the twitter app. I found the evga one I almost got just by figuring I’d check them at the same time. The amazon one was someone tricking me lol

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

I just followed the twitter bot posted earlier and set up an alert on my phone on the twitter app. I found the evga one I almost got just by figuring I’d check them at the same time. The amazon one was someone tricking me lol

Do you have a link to the twitterbot? Perhaps I'm blind but I'm just not seeing it. Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

@Spork3245 go go https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-ventus-3x-10g-oc-bv-gddr6x-pci-express-4-0-graphic-card-black-silver/6430175.p?skuId=6430175

Edit: damn might be OoS again already, adds to cart but can't checkout I'd keep trying for a bit though might get through.

That's been doing that all day for me. Did that with the Gigabyte card sometimes too.

45 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

EVGA models are randomly popping up on Amazon. Gone instantly but it's happening, kinda.

@thedarkstark @stepee

It’s so random it’s hard to track at work, can’t tell when it’s a glitch or not. I almost got an asus earlier going straight off the alert to buy now and sold out by the time the page loaded ofc.