The Libertarian Party Presidential Nominee has been bitten by a potentially rabid bat

Just now, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Let's focus on the relevant question as to exactly how/why the Libertarian Party Presidential Nominee  was in such proximity to a potentially rabid bat as to be bitten by it?

Most Libertarians live in caves and in attics.  Today you learned.  

18 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Let's focus on the relevant question as to exactly how/why the Libertarian Party Presidential Nominee  was in such proximity to a potentially rabid bat as to be bitten by it?

I mean, you kinda have to "go out of your way" to be actually bitten by a bat.  Bats aren't exactly like mosquitos.

Every man is an island, and sometimes those islands have bats.

• Haha 3

On 8/7/2020 at 11:19 PM, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I mean, you kinda have to "go out of your way" to be actually bitten by a bat.  Bats aren't exactly like mosquitos.

Not really. I knew a guy who died of rabies after getting struck and bitten by a bat somehow while out walking at night on a lamplit suburban street. The cut was apparently not visible, he thought it just flew into him and flew off. He never considered it again until he started to get sick and went to the hospital weeks later.He died soon after, and according to his family, it was a gruesome death.

On 8/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, BloodyHell said:

Not really. I knew a guy who died of rabies after getting struck and bitten by a bat somehow while out walking at night on a lamplit suburban street. The cut was apparently not visible, he thought it just flew into him and flew off. He never considered it again until he started to get sick and went to the hospital weeks later.He died soon after, and according to his family, it was a gruesome death.

Yeah I've read horror stories of how rabies causes a slow, horrifying death to humans. A bat with rabies becomes afraid of anything, so even if you're doing nothing, it can attack you, and brown bats have teeth so small you'd think it's just a scratch. As the rabies sets in, you actually become afraid of water, to the point that even attempting to drink it will cause you to throw up. So you'll be feeling unwell, paranoid, afraid, and thirsty as fuck. Then as your memory goes, your muscle control goes, and your rationality goes, you die. Rabies is fucking scary, and if you don't get a shot immediately after getting bitten, you're 100% going to die. Once the symptoms start it's too late. 

So yeah, a normal bar sure you might have to "go out of your way" to get bit by, but a rabid bat is unpredictable, and could bite you in the middle of the day because you sneezed and scared it. Always, always, always go to a doctor immediately if bitten by a wild animal, or in the case of a bat if you come into contact with it, even if you don't think you got bit. 

On 8/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, Slug said:

She's respectable.  The VP she was saddled with is a train wreck.

I’ve read some interviews with her.  She’s about as respectable as any libertarian, which is not much.  Her response to COVID is basically that people should make the rational self interest choice of not going out and making safe choices but nothing should be forced, which is essentially what we’re currently doing but somehow even worse.