~2020 Hurricane Season Thread~

5 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Are you going to make it back home in time?

I’m going much more north than I otherwise would to avoid Laura. If it looks too yucky, I’ll go to Dallas and stay at my brother’s house and then drive home tomorrow.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I’m going much more north than I otherwise would to avoid Laura. If it looks too yucky, I’ll go to Dallas and stay at my brother’s house and then drive home tomorrow.

Dude has a wife and kids at home and he's like, 'Eh, I ain't driving through that', we stan a self-preservation KING.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

i did a gator trip outside New Orleans about 7 years ago and were told Katrina did the same thing. Our tour guide said the first question they always get is “How bad was the flooding” from the storm. He said that they didn’t get flooded and got the exact opposite because the storm actually suck all the water out of the bayous and rivers. They could see the bottom and a neighbour I think lost his grandmother for the 2nd time. By which I mean from her grave, but they found her down on the river bed. They lost her again a few years later from flooding, but again, found her

9 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

That is one perfectly formed eye!

I cannot help but admire the "terrible beauty" of it.

I know what you mean. I like admiring them from faaaaar away. I especially love storms that rapidly intensify in the Atlantic and then watch them fall apart to wind shear and cooler waters.

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

GG, NHC

Fantastic. If there's anything people should take away:

1) Extended forecasts detailing a storm's track have gotten significantly better with significantly less of a margin of error than in the 80s and 90s. 

2) Intensity forecasts have no gotten any better at all, which meteorologists will openly tell you.

• 2 weeks later...