Stray (third-person cat adventure) - update: August 10 release for Xbox consoles announced

43 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Interestingly enough, I really don’t know the team behind easy allies. I always love their reviews and the commentator who does the reviews is fantastic. What did Ben Moore do?

Moore did a lot of their Japanese stuff, rpg's, and fighting games. Jones, the guy with the voice, also left, but still does some voice over work for them, and Kyle was the most interesting and creative, he was the first to leave.

Whats left over is just the chaff, basically. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Moore did a lot of their Japanese stuff, rpg's, and fighting games. Jones, the guy with the voice, also left, but still does some voice over work for them, and Kyle was the most interesting and creative, he was the first to leave.

Wow. Place got gutted. Thanks for the info. 

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Still have Huber so they still good.

• True 1

34 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

So just to confirm, this is a 1 year exclusive for Sony then will release to other platforms after right?

It's certainly an exclusive and assumed it will come to other platforms later.

If you want to test this theory see if Solar Ash comes to other platforms in December.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Is anyone here playing this? I was tempted to get it today, but $30 seems a little pricey for it IMO. I’ll get it when it’s on sale for $20, or less.

I tried it yesterday because its a part of ps+. I only played a few minutes, it was interesting. I think it's getting higher scores than it deserves, it doesn't do anything really special, but I also just stsrted.

I’m enjoying this but it’s so damn beautiful I’m trying to save most of it for the weekend to play on tv with hdr and 60fps. Even on the deck though it’s super impressive, the unique asset quality and variety is fantastic, like AAA Sony or something. Yeah it’s super linear but still.

One thing I really like too is how you are a cat. 

The PC mod scene for this game is taking off:

stray-dog-mod.jpeg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Stray PC mods let you play as a dog, Garfield, and more.

Ua6moKakpKFd6Nz4veERZc-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Litter-ally the cutest meowds ever.

Someone had a little time on their hands...

stray-neon.jpg
HALFGLASSGAMING.COM

Stray features its own code language, and a good deal of the text in the game uses it. That means you won't be able to read a lot of this text until you decode this fictional language. Thankfully, I've done all the work, and I've cracked the game's code language.

And, of course...

So I gotta know, and you can put this in a spoiler tag, but does anything bad happen to the cat at the end? I heard it can get emotional. I want to play it but have my own cat going through some issues right now and I don't know if I could handle something like that right now.

I never thought I would lose my shit over a cat but the past two weeks have been rough.

4 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

So I gotta know, and you can put this in a spoiler tag, but does anything bad happen to the cat at the end? I heard it can get emotional. I want to play it but have my own cat going through some issues right now and I don't know if I could handle something like that right now.

I never thought I would lose my shit over a cat but the past two weeks have been rough.

just saying if anyone answers this at all pleaaasssseee spoiler tag

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The PC mod scene for this game is taking off:

stray-dog-mod.jpeg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Stray PC mods let you play as a dog, Garfield, and more.

Ua6moKakpKFd6Nz4veERZc-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Litter-ally the cutest meowds ever.

Someone had a little time on their hands...

stray-neon.jpg
HALFGLASSGAMING.COM

Stray features its own code language, and a good deal of the text in the game uses it. That means you won't be able to read a lot of this text until you decode this fictional language. Thankfully, I've done all the work...

And, of course...

I'm going to say it's a safe bet to say there's already a butthole mod. 

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2022 at 1:11 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Spoiler

The cat will be fine and gets out of it all well enough.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 10:51 PM, stepee said:

I’ve spent like 3 hours so far in the first 10 minutes of it just running around.

Well it's a cat. Just be glad it doesn't spend the first ten hours sleeping on your chest intermittently awakening for the sole purpose of turning in a couple circles and plopping it's asshole down on your face.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, SoberChef said:

Wish this was coming to Xbox as well but alas. I'll wait for reviews & decide then.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:37 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Game needs to come out on Xbox. 

On 7/18/2022 at 10:11 AM, ort said:

Any chance this eventually makes it onto Xbox?

@ort @SoberChef @Spawn_of_Apathy

August 10th!

• Thanks 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Stray (third-person cat adventure) - update: August 10 release for Xbox consoles announced