How is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice?

best3444

Its a walking simulator with some combat sprinkled in.

Great atmosphere, story, sound design, and setting. Its also got some little side quest lore tidbits that you can explore and find.

I think average playthrough is about 8 hours.

I highly recommend it, but also would note that its not for everyone.

Overall, its a world and story you want to see, but the Combat is acceptable at best and annoying at its worst. Also, there is a puzzle section that I HATE because of the intentional visual distortions going on. It all fits with the story and world, but it didn't make that particular part any less annoying. Still, I'm glad I played and beat it!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Overall, its a world and story you want to see, but the Combat is acceptable at best and annoying at its worst. Also, there is a puzzle section that I HATE because of the intentional visual distortions going on. It all fits with the story and world, but it didn't make that particular part any less annoying. Still, I'm glad I played and beat it!

That's probably the part I got stuck on.

5 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

If I’m thinking of the same part, I was stuck on that part for a long ass time 

4 hours ago, Brick said:

It's really good. Definitely need to wear good headphones while playing it. 

listen to this man. headphones are absolute must when playing this game. 

If youre using the TV speakers or a soundbar, you are missing 3/4 of what this game is about. I think even if you had a high-end surround system, unless fully dolby atmos, you would still be missing out. 

I think I agree with several other of you.  

When I started this game I was blown away.  The graphics and the sound are good(sound work is excellent).  However after forcing my way through a few puzzles - and looking one up online (when I looked it up I figured out I was staring right at what I needed to do... just couldn't really see it) I realized I wasn't having much fun and I stopped playing.

The developer has a bright future.  Looking forward to what comes next, but this game for me was a miss.  I might continue playing at some point with a guide handy just to see the end.

One of my favorite games of last year. Highly recommend playing it and sticking with it. The puzzles were tough early on, but your brain sort of gets better at seeing their seeing/solving them.

I personally enjoyed the combat... it isn't complex but it's very responsive. The way you can sort of perma-die if you get killed enough means that it is a little on the easy side though.

The story gets better as it goes on and as others have said definitely play it with a good set of headphones. 

On 7/29/2018 at 4:11 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I may have reached this point and don't know what to do. I even watched a video walkthrough and I still couldn't figure it out! :lol:

• Haha 1