Star Was IX Cast Announced - Carrie Fisher will be in the movie using previously-shot footage

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Interesting. I know they shot a scene where Rey and Leia meet on Takodana and it wasn't used for the film, I wonder if that will be it.

Also, Luke is back:

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

This is great to know that Billy Dee Williams will FINALLY make his return. Hopefully he will give us that loss for Han that we really never got from the other characters plus to have Lando back is great as well as I thought we would see or at least hear about him at the end of Last Jedi.  Also happy to know that Luke will be back most likely as a ghost. I am fine with how he was portrayed in Last Jedi, I do hope that his portrayal in Episode 9 is both wise and more optimistic as his character needs to to be redeemed.

I think Leia will have very small part in the movie just to send the character off properly. I still get sad thinking about Carrie Fisher. 

4 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Also happy to know that Luke will be back most likely as a ghost. I am fine with how he was portrayed in Last Jedi, I do hope that his portrayal in Episode 9 is both wise and more optimistic as his character needs to to be redeemed.

There is no need for "redemption" for Luke :p

I'm hoping that he spends the entirety of IX mocking the hell out of Kyio Ren.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

There is no need for "redemption" for Luke :p

I'm hoping that he spends the entirety of IX mocking the hell out of Kyio Ren.

LMAO!!!! On one hand, I can see Mark Hamill on Twitter playing with that idea of mocking Ren on the other hand, it would be fitting for Ren to have that on going type torture for the garbage he has pulled. 

2 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

LMAO!!!! On one hand, I can see Mark Hamill on Twitter playing with that idea of mocking Ren on the other hand, it would be fitting for Ren to have that on going type torture for the garbage he has pulled. 

That is absolutely what Kyio deserves: to be constantly reminded by a Force ghost that he simply can't measure up to Uncle Luke, his mother, or his grandfather.

"Oh, so that's your grand plan, kid...I mean, 'Supreme Leader Ren'?  Well, that's pretty adorable!"

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

As everyone knows, I don't care about this shit in the least, but uh... are we allowing open character spoilers in thread titles for Episode IX?

I feel like it would've taken a truly incredible amount of dedication to avoid seeing anything about this before the movie comes out. 

I honestly just hope that episode IX goes full troll.  I don't really care about the characters or plot, but the more white dudes they can bend out of shape by "ruining" Star Wars the better.  I hope the entire movie is Daisy Ridley, Kelly Marie Tran, and ghost Carrie Fisher walking around in "this is what a feminist looks like" shirts out doing everything the original trilogy tried ten fold.  Rei manages to throw a proton torpedo over her shoulder without looking which lands in another death star's exhaust port while she lifts up a dozen x wings with her mind.

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2018 at 12:42 AM, Massdriver said:

They are also saying this  the final movie about the Skywalkers. I see that as a positive. I hope force ghost Luke has some fun with Kylo. 

There aren't any left except for Kylo, and he is irredeemable.