The Thread of Corporate Bankruptcies

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Nah Walmart will survive and will be there to serve ALL your needs.

Walmart has been open the whole time doe. Sure was nice of this virus to just officially crush the remaining opposition to Amazon and Walmart. Just wait until Amazon buys Walmart, then we're really fucked. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2020 at 11:56 AM, Dodger said:

Walmart has been open the whole time doe. Sure was nice of this virus to just officially crush the remaining opposition to Amazon and Walmart. Just wait until Amazon buys Walmart, then we're really fucked. 

Target was also coming out well in this, then you know.....

Also this is a win for Ross and TJ Maxx.  Bought a bunch (couple hundred) of TJX at $37 March 23 (the end of the Covid slam), I’m sure it be back at its high of $60.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 9:01 PM, Jason said:

Eh, this is bad taste.  It's like making fun of people who've had a leg amputated or similar.  No one should give someone a pass for making fun of Duckworth's legs, the same goes here. 

"hurr durr, but it's true though!  He has less of a chance of catching the virus because he only has one eye!"  

Sure, ok.  But someone could also claim that Duckworth has less of a chance of stubbing her toe.  

24 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Eh, this is bad taste.  It's like making fun of people who've had a leg amputated or similar.  No one should give someone a pass for making fun of Duckworth's legs, the same goes here. 

"hurr durr, but it's true though!  He has less of a chance of catching the virus because he only has one eye!"  

Sure, ok.  But someone could also claim that Duckworth has less of a chance of stubbing her toe.  

Yeah it’s not a good look, but let’s be real about which tweet will cause more harm for Americans.

52 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t understand adults who make fun of other people. 

Yeah. While many people deserve to be made fun of on principle (for choices they've made, their character, etc), choosing to make fun of them for disabilities or similar things is bad because it normalizes making fun of other people with the same issues. A person's disability (or anything else outside their control) should not even be mentioned during public discourse. The exception would be, I suppose, if the person directly used that disability for advantage in a hypocritical way. But in that situation, you would not make fun of the disability, just discuss the hypocrisy.

I just hate how leftists can be so vicious sometimes, but cry foul when it's done against them. If you want to be an asshole to Crenshaw, fine. I wouldn't do it, but I also won't shed a tear for him. But when similar things are said to someone on the left, you have zero fucking ground to bitch about it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

It’s also mathematically inaccurate. At best he is 25% less at risk, because you can get it via the nose, mouth, and both eyes. I’m very disappointed in that tweet. 

45 minutes ago, Jose said:

I just hate how leftists can be so vicious sometimes, but cry foul when it's done against them. If you want to be an asshole to Crenshaw, fine. I wouldn't do it, but I also won't shed a tear for him. But when similar things are said to someone on the left, you have zero fucking ground to bitch about it.

If it were up to his kind, you, your family, and everyone who looks like you (and then some) would be expelled from this country in one way or another.

They don't deserve to be treated with civility.

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It’s also mathematically inaccurate. At best he is 25% less at risk, because you can get it via the nose, mouth, and both eyes. I’m very disappointed in that tweet. 

FFS I specifically said through the eyes. 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If it were up to his kind, you, your family, and everyone who looks like you (and then some) would be expelled from this country in one way or another.

They don't deserve to be treated with civility.

Lol wat? My family are all citizens.